The Tea Party Thread

You said you hoped he would fail.

I asked you what a failure of Obama would look like.

I'm trying to figure out what it is you think you are wishing on thye US?

To be saved from the pain of hyperinflation? To be prosperous and free?

Just like anyone would hope Stalin, Mussolini, FDR would fail, I hope Obama does too.

No you said you wish failure on Obamas plans.

What I am asking is when this failure materializes what will America look like.

That banking system will look like what if the bailout fails?

The unemplyment will be what ?

The war will look like what?

Just like anyone would hope Stalin, Mussolini, FDR would fail, I hope Obama does too.

A third world nation Take your pick

What would an Obama failure look like in your mind?

How about Mexico? In Mexico the government has taken over the oil industry--their number 1 industry. Take a look around & what do you see? Poverty.

Obama is trying to do an FDR. Massive government spending--to bring us out of this economic collapse. The problem with that is once the government institues laws to help out people, in FDR's case the farmers, that help never goes away over political in-fighting.

There are very wealthy farmers today that still get 350K per year from the tax-payers of this country--because they were initiated in the 1930's. Try & take it away from them, & you will have congressmen & senators on both sides of the isle that will fight like hell to keep it in place.

And that is what is wrong with our incompetent government. The difference between FDR & Obama? FDR would have never stood for these earmarks & pork barrel non-sense spending. When he first got into office, the very first thing he did was cut the pay of politicians to the tune of $1 million dollars, a HUGE amount back in those days.

Interestingly enough, the banks are starting to pay back the money. Matter of fact, the main reason that they are all in such a rush to do so, is because they don't want salary caps on their top CEOs and salesmen.

They want to keep paying them excessive amounts of money.

So the solution? They're paying back all the bailout money.

So, is that what you meant by "failure"?

how is noting the size of the movement ridiculing it?

I do remember loads of insults from the right on movements like the antiwar and gay pride.

I was anti-Iraq-war. It's again, pillaging of people's money, by the government for benefit of a few. But I don't see how you can support the protest against government power on one hand, and denounce on the other hand.

Government should not be in business of regulating what we do.

Last edited:
Interestingly enough, the banks are starting to pay back the money. Matter of fact, the main reason that they are all in such a rush to do so, is because they don't want salary caps on their top CEOs and salesmen.

So Bush was right! NO!!!!!!!!!

Links for that?

Yes, because those plans will give us hyperinflation.

Links for that?

Saw it on the news this morning.......gimmie a couple of days for the links to get posted.

I will. But all I've seen so far is of the 'big banks' some want to 'pay back' but aren't being allowed to.

Banks Paying Back the TARP Billions: Bad for the Economy? - ABC News

Some, including bank executives, warn that moves by banks to pay back TARP early could hurt the banks that wait longer to repay the funds. That, in turn, they say, could prove damaging to the economy.

"If only a few do it, it's going to put an obvious spotlight on the banks that were too weak to do it. That's the real problem," said an executive at a financial institution that has received a large amount of TARP funding. The executive, who asked not to be identified so he could speak freely, said that that spotlight could "spook the market," leading to drops in stocks that would hurt more than just the "weak" banks.

Banks Paying Back the TARP Billions: Bad for the Economy? - ABC News

Some, including bank executives, warn that moves by banks to pay back TARP early could hurt the banks that wait longer to repay the funds. That, in turn, they say, could prove damaging to the economy.

"If only a few do it, it's going to put an obvious spotlight on the banks that were too weak to do it. That's the real problem," said an executive at a financial institution that has received a large amount of TARP funding. The executive, who asked not to be identified so he could speak freely, said that that spotlight could "spook the market," leading to drops in stocks that would hurt more than just the "weak" banks.

So you'd rather continue lining the pockets of the banks, and in doing so taking much needed capital out of the economy, just so weaker banks don't feel bad?

lol, free markets would've cleaned up this mess long ago, without as much pain.

This is your thread to discuss the Tea Parties. Non inflammatory threads will get moved here.

Here's a Tea Party Video (once it loads give it a few seconds to start on its own) in which at minute 2:18 to 3:10 a roster of states and their cities participation in the Tea Party April 15th is given in Low-Middle-High tallies as of April 19 - A Tea Party Roll Call. Going state by state you should be able to find your own location. The figures cumulatively total 750,000-808,000-865,000. These total more than any other figures I've heard given anywhere else.

Also there is an interesting picture of (I assume) Candidate Obama at 3:10 which holds for just a few seconds.

Last edited:
Tea baggers are funny.

Looks like that little trend has run its course.

With what information do you make that assertion? Here's somethng from Yesterdays special election in California, where two thirds of voters rejected budget initiatives:

California tax revolt: Voters crush Schwarzenegger’s budget proposals at the polls posted at 8:20 am on May 20, 2009 Of the six propositions offered, only one passed — the one to freeze pay raises for legislators when the state’s running a deficit — despite Arnold and his allies having outspent critics 10 to 1 in pushing the initiatives. To paraphrase a hip-hop classic, California knows how to tea-party

California voters exercise their power -- and that's the problem - Los Angeles Times

Tea baggers are funny.

Looks like that little trend has run its course.

With what information do you make that assertion? Here's somethng from Yesterdays special election in California, where two thirds of voters rejected budget initiatives:

California tax revolt: Voters crush Schwarzenegger’s budget proposals at the polls posted at 8:20 am on May 20, 2009 Of the six propositions offered, only one passed — the one to freeze pay raises for legislators when the state’s running a deficit — despite Arnold and his allies having outspent critics 10 to 1 in pushing the initiatives. To paraphrase a hip-hop classic, California knows how to tea-party

California voters exercise their power -- and that's the problem - Los Angeles Times

Arnie's a Republican. I wonder if one could draw any inferences / implications from this...

This is your thread to discuss the Tea Parties. Non inflammatory threads will get moved here. Inflammatory threads will get locked and slowly die until further notice.

Tea-party at 4:20 at editec's house.

Yes, we will be inflaming our tea, too.

Dressing up like Indians for the event is optional, of course.

This is your thread to discuss the Tea Parties. Non inflammatory threads will get moved here. Inflammatory threads will get locked and slowly die until further notice.

Tea-party at 4:20 at editec's house.

Yes, we will be inflaming our tea, too.

Dressing up like Indians for the event is optional, of course.

So long as you don't post anything infusing.

Our founders must've been perverts for that Boston Teabag Party!

Anyways, 300,000+ according to latest counts make it a smashing success.

And, next year, when it's apparent that the same failed policies have the same devastating effects even with a Democrat is in power, we'll get more!

2009 Tea Party protests - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

300,000/300,000,000 is NOT a success. It was nice a lot of people showed up, but that number needed to be in the 3.000,000 range to have an impact. 300,000 is not that significant in a country of 300,000,000.....

Forum List

Back