The term 'politically correct' is no longer politically correct

Twisted

Sep 11, 2015
The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee has determined that the term 'politically correct' may now be emotionally harmful to some people.

UWM says 'politically correct' is no longer politically correct

"The phrase “politically correct” is now a microaggression according to the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.

The university’s “Just Words” campaign is the work of UWM’s “Inclusive Excellence Center” and aims to “raise awareness of microaggressions and their impact”—microaggressions like “politically correct” or “PC.”

The university also claims the word “lame” is a microaggression that somehow both “ridicules and ignores the lives of amputees” and therefore shouldn’t be used.

UWM also claims that using the phrase “third world” to describe third world countries is a microaggression because it “reinforces heirarchical [sic] attitudes towards nations around the world, [and] establishes Westernized (industrialized) countries and cultures as the ‘standard’ upon which to measure national well-being or economic status.”

It's a good thing places of higher learning have microscopes that can pick up these aggressions and whatnot. Pretty big goof up to examine one of the lefts proudest inventions though. What is the future for PC? The next dog whistle perhaps?

The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee has determined that the term 'politically correct' may now be emotionally harmful to some people.

"The phrase “politically correct” is now a microaggression according to the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.

The university’s “Just Words” campaign is the work of UWM’s “Inclusive Excellence Center” and aims to “raise awareness of microaggressions and their impact”—microaggressions like “politically correct” or “PC.”

The university also claims the word “lame” is a microaggression that somehow both “ridicules and ignores the lives of amputees” and therefore shouldn’t be used.

UWM also claims that using the phrase “third world” to describe third world countries is a microaggression because it “reinforces heirarchical [sic] attitudes towards nations around the world, [and] establishes Westernized (industrialized) countries and cultures as the ‘standard’ upon which to measure national well-being or economic status.”

(groans and closes his eyes massaging his temples)

Isn't there a bomber with live nuke flying overhead somewhere we can divert to places like this? :)

That makes sense if you look up what micro aggression means.

Used to be that being courteous and respectful of the feelings of others was a laudable attribute.

Your rights end where mine begin.
Where did you see the word "rights" in the post you just replied to?

I didn't. But on many campuses nationwide students are advised not to use perfectly good and correct words against their right to free speech to serve politically correct ideas, and often at the risk of their grades.

The whole game is ludicrous, and the origin and intent of it must be considered.

Used to be that being courteous and respectful of the feelings of others was a laudable attribute.

I didn't. But on many campuses nationwide students are advised not to use perfectly good and correct words against their right to free speech to serve politically correct ideas, and often at the risk of their grades.

The whole game is ludicrous, and the origin and intent of it must be considered.
"Advised" doesnt mean its against the law. Its advised that you dont talk shit to your car mechanic while he is working on your car. Do you think thats against your right to free speech as well?

I hate microaggressions. I prefer macroaggressions and blatant severe offenses. Fuck liberals. Black ghettos have too many shootings and robberies. Whites do too much meth and pedophilia. Hispanics are very into kidnapping. You know...the shit backed up by stats.

Used to be that people weren't such sensitive pussies too.
People have always been "sensitive pussies" Thats why etiquette and manners were created. Cultures that dont have these things always regress much like whats happening now in the white community.

"Advised" doesnt mean its against the law.

"Advised" at the risk of one's grade point average has the same effect.

Here's some political correctness for the metrosexual eunuchs and dried out skanks of UWM:

G.O. F.U.C.K. Y.O.U.R.S.E.L.F.

When you spell it out, it doesn't have any micro-aggressions!! :thup:

Forum List

Back