The term 'politically correct' is no longer politically correct

they planning or burning half the dictionary?
:laugh:

Don't give 'em any ideas!

You're being micro-aggressive!

no I'm getting mega-sick of being told what not to say and every thing being offensive to someone somewhere.

they canot make every one happy all the time so they make every miserable all the time instead?
It's about control.

If they can control the words you use, they can control the conversation.

If they can intimidate you, they can shut you up.

Used to be that being courteous and respectful of the feelings of others was a laudable attribute.

Your rights end where mine begin.

Tell it to the gun nuts because your rights end where mine begin.

Used to be that being courteous and respectful of the feelings of others was a laudable attribute.

Used to be that people weren't such sensitive pussies too.

Calling people too sensitive is nothing more than an excuse, a justification to be nasty, rude.

Sure, we all have the right to be rude and nasty and to call each other "pussies" but that's just lame.

Man up and take responsibility for what YOU say and do and stop blaming others for YOUR words and actions.

13055330_1405086696218122_3162217618409213480_n.jpg

The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee has determined that the term 'politically correct' may now be emotionally harmful to some people.

UWM says 'politically correct' is no longer politically correct

"The phrase “politically correct” is now a microaggression according to the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.

The university’s “Just Words” campaign is the work of UWM’s “Inclusive Excellence Center” and aims to “raise awareness of microaggressions and their impact”—microaggressions like “politically correct” or “PC.”

The university also claims the word “lame” is a microaggression that somehow both “ridicules and ignores the lives of amputees” and therefore shouldn’t be used.

UWM also claims that using the phrase “third world” to describe third world countries is a microaggression because it “reinforces heirarchical [sic] attitudes towards nations around the world, [and] establishes Westernized (industrialized) countries and cultures as the ‘standard’ upon which to measure national well-being or economic status.”

I've never seen so many grown people care so much about what college kids think. Whats worse is the fake victim act as if their ideas limit your actions

Your rights end where mine begin.
Where did you see the word "rights" in the post you just replied to?

I didn't. But on many campuses nationwide students are advised not to use perfectly good and correct words against their right to free speech to serve politically correct ideas, and often at the risk of their grades.

The whole game is ludicrous, and the origin and intent of it must be considered.

That IS ludicrous since what you said is bullshit to begin with

The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee has determined that the term 'politically correct' may now be emotionally harmful to some people.

UWM says 'politically correct' is no longer politically correct

"The phrase “politically correct” is now a microaggression according to the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.

The university’s “Just Words” campaign is the work of UWM’s “Inclusive Excellence Center” and aims to “raise awareness of microaggressions and their impact”—microaggressions like “politically correct” or “PC.”

The university also claims the word “lame” is a microaggression that somehow both “ridicules and ignores the lives of amputees” and therefore shouldn’t be used.

UWM also claims that using the phrase “third world” to describe third world countries is a microaggression because it “reinforces heirarchical [sic] attitudes towards nations around the world, [and] establishes Westernized (industrialized) countries and cultures as the ‘standard’ upon which to measure national well-being or economic status.”
Like all things it depends on how its said. If its said sarcastically then its a micro aggression.

Forum List

Back