The Times calls for decriminalisation of all illegal drugs

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America

Newspaper breaks new ground by declaring itself in favour of treating drug use and possession as a health issue rather than a crime

The Times has boldly gone where few newspapers - and very, very few politicians - have ever dared to go before by declaring itself in favour of legalising drugs in Britain.
In a leading article, “Breaking Good”, the paper has supported a call on the government by the Royal Society for Public Health (RSPH) to decriminalise both the possession and use of all illegal drugs.
Accepting that it “is radical advice”, the Times thought it “sound” and urged ministers to “give it serious consideration”.
Newspapers have usually shied away from adopting such a stance. In 1997, the Independent on Sunday, then edited by Rosie Boycott, came out in favour of decriminalising cannabis. The following year, thousands gathered in London’s Hyde Park in support of her campaign to change the law.

But 10 years later, long after Boycott had departed, the paper changed its mind. It argued that new strains of cannabis, notably skunk, were dangerous, causing disorders such as psychosis and schizophrenia.
Although the Observer and the Guardian have raised questions about potential changes of laws within countries that produce drugs neither have advocated decriminalisation in Britain.
The Observer noted in 2011 that the war on drugs had failed and argued that“when policies fail it is incumbent on our leaders to look for new ones.”

Great!!! Imagine our prisons being a whole lot less full and America not being the most imprisoned nation on earth!

people would stop bothering with pain and depression and anxiety drugs if we could buy good clean opiates legally.

Yes that's what we need more thieving drug tweakers stealing everything that's not nailed down. My God but the left are dumb as a brick. I tell you what decriminalize drugs and in exchange we can shoot them on sight for stealing?

• Banned
Yes that's what we need more thieving drug tweakers stealing everything that's not nailed down. My God but the left are dumb as a brick. I tell you what decriminalize drugs and in exchange we can shoot them on sight for stealing?

I find it amazing that we can't pave our highways in your mind but we can lock up millions of America's for smoking a leaf. Damn.

Maybe you should register drug abusers and allow them to buy drugs in a controlled fashion first? With focus on helping them quit, but not fearing going to prison for using(selling or giving away drugs to unregistered users remains punishable)

I find it amazing that we can't pave our highways in your mind but we can lock up millions of America's for smoking a leaf. Damn.

Go ahead explain the rampant theft we are experiencing since WA legalized weed. Are law abiding citizens just supposed to bend over and take it up the ass from these drug tweakers? WTF dude are you on the side of law and order or not? By your logic there shouldn't be any speed limits on public roads or traffic laws.

would they have to steal if recreational drugs were as cheap as sugar?

alcohol culd be as cheap as sugar if it wasn't so heavily taxed, and if it was legal for anyone to produce and sell it.

Why don't we breed women for rapists that way we don't have to send them to prison we can just give them cheap women bred for their habit.

What we see here is the fear the churchies get every Sunday from either a JDAAC (Jew disguised as a Christian) or a Judaism funded preacher - FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR - and keep those drugs illegal, because a lot of JEWISH ATTORNEYS make a ton of money off the Drug War.

Truth be told, the criminalization of Drugs is one of the worst acts of treason in US history. It wages war on our streets. It funnels US cash to the worst criminal elements in the world. It is in the ballpark of a minus one trillion per year to the US Treasury. Those who don't care about the US (mainly those who care only about Israel) will never care about the harm the Drug War does to the US. They will simply be sub humans who parrot lies every Sunday and never question them.

You can hardly smoke a cigarette without being hauled away by the smoking nazis and now they want to legalize freaking heroin? The world is upside down in the liberal mind.

Why don't we breed women for rapists that way we don't have to send them to prison we can just give them cheap women bred for their habit.
we already do that.

You can hardly smoke a cigarette without being hauled away by the smoking nazis and now they want to legalize freaking heroin? The world is upside down in the liberal mind.
i knew a 43 year old lady on methadone. she said it was the cigarettes that did the real damage. she looked 60

Newspaper breaks new ground by declaring itself in favour of treating drug use and possession as a health issue rather than a crime

The Times has boldly gone where few newspapers - and very, very few politicians - have ever dared to go before by declaring itself in favour of legalising drugs in Britain.
In a leading article, “Breaking Good”, the paper has supported a call on the government by the Royal Society for Public Health (RSPH) to decriminalise both the possession and use of all illegal drugs.
Accepting that it “is radical advice”, the Times thought it “sound” and urged ministers to “give it serious consideration”.
Newspapers have usually shied away from adopting such a stance. In 1997, the Independent on Sunday, then edited by Rosie Boycott, came out in favour of decriminalising cannabis. The following year, thousands gathered in London’s Hyde Park in support of her campaign to change the law.

But 10 years later, long after Boycott had departed, the paper changed its mind. It argued that new strains of cannabis, notably skunk, were dangerous, causing disorders such as psychosis and schizophrenia.
Although the Observer and the Guardian have raised questions about potential changes of laws within countries that produce drugs neither have advocated decriminalisation in Britain.
The Observer noted in 2011 that the war on drugs had failed and argued that“when policies fail it is incumbent on our leaders to look for new ones.”

Great!!! Imagine our prisons being a whole lot less full and America not being the most imprisoned nation on earth!
Build them a farm in west New Mexico. Send them all the drugs they can consume. Have then dig their own grave as soon as they arrive. Call it Libtown.

:link::link::link:

There are very few people in our jails today for "smoking a leaf" and those that are in prison are there for other crimes associated with smoking pot.

It will never be as cheap as sugar legal or not. The black market in Colorado is still strong and working for pot users.

The new thing to do is try to get medical marijuana. Medical marijuana is not taxed so it's much cheaper than street or store marijuana.

I know, the liberal freak show aka Portland, OR banned tobacco from all city golf courses yet you can drink all the alcohol you want while they rake in the profits from that and smoke weed and shoot up. Hell you can probably bend your boyfriend over right on the course and nobody would say anything. Liberals are turning the country into a WTF zone.

That's not the only problem. Many heavy opiate users are rendered helpless leaving them unable to work. And of course, when you make something legal, many more people will use the substance.

Then we will have liberal politicians offering new social programs for those people. It will be a whole new underclass for Democrats and more vote buying. 19 trillion dollars in debt and growing quickly won't stop them either.

It will never be as cheap as sugar legal or not. The black market in Colorado is still strong and working for pot users.

The new thing to do is try to get medical marijuana. Medical marijuana is not taxed so it's much cheaper than street or store marijuana.
ok i get it. baby steps. ;)

Forum List

Back