The Tish'aa Be'av fasting is TONIGHT.

Listen, little girl (surely you aren't an adult?), I don't *pretend* to know anything.
You made that up. "Thou shalt not bear false witness." Didn't you know that?

Also, you seem to be entirely ignorant of the Tetragrammaton:

In Exodus 3:13–15 God, asked by Moses for his name, replies "I Am That I Am", followed by "I Am", and finally "YHWH":

... אהיה אשר אהיה ... כה תאמר לבני ישראל אהיה שלחני אליכם: ... יהוה אלהי אבתיכם ... זה־שמי לעלם ...
"I AM THAT I AM [...] Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you. [...] YHWH, God of your fathers, [...] this is My name for ever"[Exod. 3:14–15]

Biblical Hebrew was written with consonants only, meaning that the name of God is written YHWH. The original pronunciation of this word was lost many centuries ago, but the available evidence indicates that it was in all likelihood Yahweh.[7] The evidence also suggests that it is the shortened form of a sentence used in worship, and meant "he causes to be" or "he creates".[7] Most likely the original sentence was el du yahwi seba'ot, "el who creates the hosts", meaning the heavenly army accompanying the god El as he marched out beside the earthly armies of Israel.[7].

As the origins of Yahweh seem to lie to the southeast of Israel, in Edom and Midian or even further, an alternative explanation looks for the source of the name in South Semitic languages like Arabic rather than in Hebrew, which is West Semitic. One of the meanings of HWY in Arabic is connected with falling or causing to fall, leading to an interpretation of Yahweh as a storm god whose name means "He who causes to fall" (meaning rain, lightning, and his enemies) or "He storms". This helps explain Yahweh's attributes as a storm god (he comes to rescue Israel surrounded by darkness and thick clouds, and the earth trembles, the clouds drop water, and the mountains quake at his appearance), and the way he appropriates attributes from the rival storm god Baal.[8](Wikipedia)

You didn't know this either?

N.B.: Any further lies/nonsense from you and I will really let you have it. You have been warned.

"Let me have it"?

Listen, DUDE, do not threaten me or use keyboard bullying just because you disagree with what I have to say.

doing that, it makes it certain that YOU are the child. Get a life.

You didn't answer my question (see phrase, above followed by question mark).

Know this: I did not threaten you; I WARNED you that I will not tolerate insults, LIES, and other nonsense from you. I have not attacked you personally, nor have I responded in kind- but, I'm warning you- I will, as soon as I know you aren't a child.

I can assure you that I am not a child and that I happen to know what Im talking about.

When speaking of God we don't say the "Shem Hameforash" and that is why I corrected you. Secondly, when speaking previously, i have stated before that in Judaism there are 613 Mitzvos, and we are not in an a time when we can keep all of them, since many concern the Holy Temple. There IS no holy temple in our days.

I have told you also that if not taking my word for it, ask a Rabbi.

"Let me have it"?

Listen, DUDE, do not threaten me or use keyboard bullying just because you disagree with what I have to say.

doing that, it makes it certain that YOU are the child. Get a life.

Know this: I did not threaten you; I WARNED you that I will not tolerate insults, LIES, and other nonsense from you. I have not attacked you personally, nor have I responded in kind- but, I'm warning you- I will, as soon as I know you aren't a child.

I can assure you that I am not a child and that I happen to know what Im talking about.

When speaking of God we don't say the "Shem Hameforash" and that is why I corrected you. Secondly, when speaking previously, i have stated before that in Judaism there are 613 Mitzvos, and we are not in an a time when we can keep all of them, since many concern the Holy Temple. There IS no holy temple in our days.

1. You haven't "corrected" me on anything; I corrected YOU (I even quoted the literal word of G-d, with references, for you!)

2. Saying that you think that you know what you're talking about is not the same as actually knowing; (see #1)

3. If you are not a child, I'll take you at your word, even though you seem to be incredibly naive, unaware of what G-d's definition of what Judaism is, and the fact that you stated that you live in your father's house.

4. Ask a rabbi *what*? What the literal word of G-d is in the Torah? No thanks- I'd rather listen to the literal word of G-d. Again, you are confusing the Torah with the Talmud.
Two COMPLETELY different things.

What is so hard to understand about that?

For those who think one can just pick and choose amongst G-d's laws:

Deuteronomy 29:19
'If anyone should think to himself, "I will do well enough if I follow the dictates of my heart,"...'
'...Yahweh will not pardon him. His wrath shall burn against him.'
'And all the curses written in the book will come upon him.'
Deuteronomy 29:20
'Yahweh will single him out for misfortune and blot out his name from under heaven.'
Looks like Mr. Always Wrong is having himself a heck of a good time playing Bible expert, the same way a poster named Virtual E-man did on another board. I wonder if he realizes that the majority of Jews in Israel are not the Orthodox. Meanwhile, wouldn't it be a kick to see him blabbering on and on about the Koran in the same manner, especially in some Muslim country. He would be thrown in jail for blasphemy

jt2

Hoss, why the heck are you always trying to divert to your vision of Islam/Muslims?

I'm quoting THE TORAH- the literal word of G-d, fer chrissakes! (The Torah even says so- over 350 times!)

Didn't you know that?
If you are so interested in the Torah, why not debate it with a Jewish or Christian Torah scholar? If I were so interested in the Koran like you are the Torah, I would try to find a Muslim scholar instead of blabbering on a message board. Why not try contacting someone at Notre Dame or a Protestant Seminary if you don't want to go to a Jewish Torah scholar. More and more you sound like Virtual E-man from the AOL Middle East Discussion Board with your obsession with the Torah.

jt2

For those who think one can just pick and choose amongst G-d's laws:

Deuteronomy 29:19
'If anyone should think to himself, "I will do well enough if I follow the dictates of my heart,"...'
'...Yahweh will not pardon him. His wrath shall burn against him.'
'And all the curses written in the book will come upon him.'
Deuteronomy 29:20
'Yahweh will single him out for misfortune and blot out his name from under heaven.'

As someone who pretend to know Judaism and Hebrew more than Jews themselves, you should know we don't address and call the creator in such a manner.

Listen, little girl (surely you aren't an adult?), I don't *pretend* to know anything.
You made that up. "Thou shalt not bear false witness." Didn't you know that?

Also, you seem to be entirely ignorant of the Tetragrammaton:

In Exodus 3:13–15 God, asked by Moses for his name, replies "I Am That I Am", followed by "I Am", and finally "YHWH":

... אהיה אשר אהיה ... כה תאמר לבני ישראל אהיה שלחני אליכם: ... יהוה אלהי אבתיכם ... זה־שמי לעלם ...
"I AM THAT I AM [...] Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you. [...] YHWH, God of your fathers, [...] this is My name for ever"[Exod. 3:14–15]

Biblical Hebrew was written with consonants only, meaning that the name of God is written YHWH. The original pronunciation of this word was lost many centuries ago, but the available evidence indicates that it was in all likelihood Yahweh.[7] The evidence also suggests that it is the shortened form of a sentence used in worship, and meant "he causes to be" or "he creates".[7] Most likely the original sentence was el du yahwi seba'ot, "el who creates the hosts", meaning the heavenly army accompanying the god El as he marched out beside the earthly armies of Israel.[7].

As the origins of Yahweh seem to lie to the southeast of Israel, in Edom and Midian or even further, an alternative explanation looks for the source of the name in South Semitic languages like Arabic rather than in Hebrew, which is West Semitic. One of the meanings of HWY in Arabic is connected with falling or causing to fall, leading to an interpretation of Yahweh as a storm god whose name means "He who causes to fall" (meaning rain, lightning, and his enemies) or "He storms". This helps explain Yahweh's attributes as a storm god (he comes to rescue Israel surrounded by darkness and thick clouds, and the earth trembles, the clouds drop water, and the mountains quake at his appearance), and the way he appropriates attributes from the rival storm god Baal.[8](Wikipedia)

You didn't know this either?

N.B.: Any further lies/nonsense from you and I will really let you have it. You have been warned.
sn't Mr. Always Wrong a riot? He is going to let another poster "have it" like the faux scholar is really that important a person. I surely would like to see him debate some Muslim scholar in person (who actually is living in a Muslim country) and see what charges of blasphemy are brought against Mr. Always Wrong. I doubt if Mr. Always Wrong would have the cojones to do that. Moreover, he has had all this experience bringing up the Torah on message boards, and he doesn't want this experience to go to waste.

jt2

1. You haven't "corrected" me on anything; I corrected YOU (I even quoted the literal word of G-d, with references, for you!)

2. Saying that you think that you know what you're talking about is not the same as actually knowing; (see #1)

3. If you are not a child, I'll take you at your word, even though you seem to be incredibly naive, unaware of what G-d's definition of what Judaism is, and the fact that you stated that you live in your father's house.

4. Ask a rabbi *what*? What the literal word of G-d is in the Torah? No thanks- I'd rather listen to the literal word of G-d. Again, you are confusing the Torah with the Talmud.
Two COMPLETELY different things.

What is so hard to understand about that?
Pathetic Mr. Always Wrong will go on and on with this just as the poster Virtual E-man did on the AOL message board. For a change in pace, I wonder if he agrees with the Koran that he is an animal since we know that he is one of the disbelievers. LiveLeak.com - The Koran Calls Jews And Christians...Monkeys and Pigs

There used to be a Muslim woman posting who actually thought that people can be turned into animals. I wonder what Mr. Always Wrong would have said to her.

jt2

So what's the fasting for? In solidarity with all the world's hungry people? Or is it exclusively some Jewish thing and others can still starve if they want to? :dunno:

So what's the fasting for? In solidarity with all the world's hungry people? Or is it exclusively some Jewish thing and others can still starve if they want to? :dunno:

So what is your little nasty and rude comment for? ----to prove that you have the character of a lump of dung?

No, they lost a battle so "G-D" has told them to go to bed with no supper :confused:

Tisha B'Av - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The observance of the Ninth day of the month of AV----is unrelated to battles Your comment suitable for the gutter in which you reside. Long ago----when I first started college----the college was situated near a slum----in fact it's buildings sorrounded a slum----so that if one preferred walking to waiting around for the shuttle buses-----one walked thru filthy slums and ecountered slovenly drunkards

--Election days were the days in which one encountered dozens of habitual drunks who, since bars were closed on election days in that state-----would be standing around commenting on the passing young students in broad and vulgar and cynical albeit WITLESS
manner. Your posts remind me of my walks thru those slums on the "election days"

The observance of the Ninth day of the month of AV----is unrelated to battles Your comment suitable for the gutter in which you reside. Long ago----when I first started college----the college was situated near a slum----in fact it's buildings sorrounded a slum----so that if one preferred walking to waiting around for the shuttle buses-----one walked thru filthy slums and ecountered slovenly drunkards

--Election days were the days in which one encountered dozens of habitual drunks who, since bars were closed on election days in that state-----would be standing around commenting on the passing young students in broad and vulgar and cynical albeit WITLESS
manner. Your posts remind me of my walks thru those slums on the "election days"

You can take rosie out the slums, but you can NEVER take the slums out of rosie:eusa_boohoo:

You can take rosie out the slums, but you can NEVER take the slums out of rosie:eusa_boohoo:

Jos has, again, demonstrated its likeness to those witless and confused drunkards----LOCKED OUT OF THE BARS on election days------standing about with blank faces WAITING
for that slug of whiskey which would ward off the developing withdrawal fits

you cited a jihadi filth propaganda film-----the kid speaking english who is supposed to be a jew is an arab dressed up to be a jew---------LOL it has been so proven but I did not need the proof-----the kid has an arabic accent

you cited a jihadi filth propaganda film-----the kid speaking english who is supposed to be a jew is an arab dressed up to be a jew---------LOL it has been so proven but I did not need the proof-----the kid has an arabic accent

Er maybe you need to check your "Depends" It smells like you have a pant-load

very good------old age and incontinence "humor" straight from the gutter

So what is your little nasty and rude comment for? ----to prove that you have the character of a lump of dung?

I'm asking what you fast for.

iro, "when you started uni". Was that BC or AD? :D

very good------old age and incontinence "humor" straight from the gutter

If you had any proof of your weak claim you would have posted a link to back it up

Forum List

Back