The Top Gun sequel is probably gonna be just meh

A lot of young men went in the AF after that came out.

And, really, it was kind of like that.

Like I said, the magic of the original is that it really did reflect the mode of the enlisted, society and culture as a whole back then. Or a sign of the times, maybe that's a better way to say it. It was a good time.
Odd the people would enter the AF when it is a Navy movie....Oh well.

True it did reflect the times....Easily the most fun decade of my life.

Odd the people would enter the AF when it is a Navy movie....Oh well.

True it did reflect the times....Easily the most fun decade of my life.

Yeah but a lot of em didn't know that til they showed up to enlist, that's beside the point. It's kind of a similar reaction to when some Italians saw Rocky for the first time.

Strange ... given that it was about The Navy.

Yes, I know.

You just said the same thing oddball said.

And I don't feel like typing the same thing all over again that I said in response to him saying what you just said.

You guys missed my point. I, for one, didn't understand the difference when I saw that movie. You guys are probably older than me. Anyway, while I see the relevance to the over-all fact of the matter, and even your interest in making an astute correction such that you did, militarily speaking, that wasn't the tenor I was coming from there.

So wave your dicks some place else. lol. I say that chuckingly and with respect to the company of respectable men.

I heard the Jussie Smollet was playing the original Cruse part and that the Kelly McGillis part went to this guy:

Kelly McGillis was a dream in the original, I don't care what anybody says.

The female in the sequel has muppet eyebrows, I noticed.

Not sure if Meg Ryan will be in the sequel. She might do a cameo or something. She might still clean up, too, who knows, I haven't seen how she's aged.

Last edited:
Yes, I know.

You just said the same thing oddball said.

And I don't feel like typing the same thing all over again that I said in response to him saying what you just said.

You guys missed my point. I, for one, didn't understand the difference when I saw that movie. You guys are probably older than me. Anyway, while I see the relevance to the over-all fact of the matter, and even your interest in making an astute correction such that you did, militarily speaking, that wasn't the tenor I was coming from there.

So wave your dicks some place else. lol. I say that chuckingly and with respect to the company of respectable men.
A review a year or so go stated no reference to China is made including on their jackets. And that the jet fighters are not F 35's or F 22's. I believe they are F 18's. True or not.

Kelly McGillis was a dream in the original, I don't care what anybody says.

The female in the sequel has muppet eyebrows, I noticed.

Not sure if Meg Ryan will be in the sequel. She might do a cameo or something. She might still clean up, too, who knows, I haven't seen how she's aged.

She plays for the other team... came out in 2009 I do believe...

It's kind of cool that they're gonna release a sequel over 35 years later, but 1986 (and thereabouts) itself is where the cool factor of the original lies.

It was made for Chinese audiences, and funded by Chinese tech giant Tencen, hence the removal of any references to Taiwan.

Can't offend the genocidal commies, you know! Ask Joe Biden.

It's difficult to find any actual wisdom in a cheese movie like the original Top Gun.

But, believe it or not, I did gather some wisdom from it. And I've carried that wisdom for life.

Keep in mind, I was still technically a teenager at the time.

Anyway, if you watch ONLY 2:59 to 3:01 of this scene...3 seconds...so drag the bar to 2:59...push play...then pause at 3:01.

See that look?

See how she also turns her face away?

That's the reaction you wanna shoot for. That's the impression you wanna leave.

When they do that, you will know...without a doubt..absolutely...unequivocally, most certainly, and as sure as God made little greeen apples, that she's gonna be the one to give it to you nice and good.

Last edited:
My gay aunt once remarked that the older Tom Cruise gets, the more he looks like an old lesbian.

It's a different time in movies now so it won't match it. If you're making a movie now that's all men then it has to be serious, it can't be fun, not in the same way they were in the 80s and 90s.

Tony Scott is gone and his movies always had his DNA built into them. He wasn't a generic or bland director. Most of today's directors don't have a unique style of directing.

Tom cruise is somehow even more generic and boring than he used to be. Now he is pretty much just a stuntman. Every movie he does is really based around some big stunt he does and all the really talk about.

I have no interest in top gun 2 or any mainstream movies anymore. They are just almost all so uninteresting.

It's a different time in movies now so it won't match it. If you're making a movie now that's all men then it has to be serious, it can't be fun, not in the same way they were in the 80s and 90s.

Tony Scott is gone and his movies always had his DNA built into them. He wasn't a generic or bland director. Most of today's directors don't have a unique style of directing.

Tom cruise is somehow even more generic and boring than he used to be. Now he is pretty much just a stuntman. Every movie he does is really based around some big stunt he does and all the really talk about.

I have no interest in top gun 2 or any mainstream movies anymore. They are just almost all so uninteresting.
Actors want to be relevant. He would probably do more dramas and light comedies if they were successful. He is supposed to be going into space to the ISS for a movie.

Jesus Fucking Christ. All you had to post was this.

"I have no interest in top gun 2 and I haven't even seen the movie yet. I'm an arrogant, condescending, conceited asshole. Thank you very much."

How fucking hard was that?

Forum List

Back