The Troops are concerned about gays serving openly.

yota5

VIP Member
Feb 28, 2011
Mashpee, MA
I had a conversation with my oldest son yesterday. He is career military. He just finished his fourth sensitivity training class about gays serving openly in the military. The troops can't comment on this issue or make disparaging remarks about the CinC. They've been advised that this is the way it will be; live with it.

In all of the classes they've been given one thing has been left out. The danger of HIV infection through direct contact with blood. Blood is the biggest bio-hazard on any accident scene. Civilians will say put on surgical gloves. A soldier would say that when you're wearing your buddies brains all over your face that wont do any good.

As a soldier I could count on my buddies doing everything in their power to bring me or my body back home. My buddies could count on the same thing from me. An openly gay soldier on the battlefield will lay where they fall. This is a very real degradation of military core values. Yet the troops feel that touching the openly gay soldiers blood would expose them to the very really threat of AIDS. That is a death sentence that will be resisted.

Morale is already being affected in a very negative way. The troops feel like they're being kicked in the stomach, and that they're being put into a life threatening situation. Once again people who've never served a second in uniform are making life threatening decisions that will carry dire consequences for the young men and women that this country sends into harms way. I think that congress, and the president need sensitivity training.

I had a conversation with my oldest son yesterday. He is career military. He just finished his fourth sensitivity training class about gays serving openly in the military. The troops can't comment on this issue or make disparaging remarks about the CinC. They've been advised that this is the way it will be; live with it.

In all of the classes they've been given one thing has been left out. The danger of HIV infection through direct contact with blood. Blood is the biggest bio-hazard on any accident scene. Civilians will say put on surgical gloves. A soldier would say that when you're wearing your buddies brains all over your face that wont do any good.

As a soldier I could count on my buddies doing everything in their power to bring me or my body back home. My buddies could count on the same thing from me. An openly gay soldier on the battlefield will lay where they fall. This is a very real degradation of military core values. Yet the troops feel that touching the openly gay soldiers blood would expose them to the very really threat of AIDS. That is a death sentence that will be resisted.

Morale is already being affected in a very negative way. The troops feel like they're being kicked in the stomach, and that they're being put into a life threatening situation. Once again people who've never served a second in uniform are making life threatening decisions that will carry dire consequences for the young men and women that this country sends into harms way. I think that congress, and the president need sensitivity training.

Why Four? We didn't have that many on Sexual Harassment after Tailhook.

Oh, btw....did your son tell you that all military are tested for HIV EVERY YEAR during their physical?

How many active soldiers are HIV positive?

Straight soldiers can't have HIV?

As prior military with combat time, I don't remember anyone comming around to ask my opinion, on anything. The order came down you carried it out, wether you liked it or not. Why now are we seeing how the soldier feels about gays in the military. They didn't give a shit how any one felt when blacks were mixed in with the regular army (as they should have from the start). They shouldn't care now with the gays.

So you feel that you or your son can speak for "the troops"?

How is the risk of HIV infection affected by removing the DADT policy?

HIV affects ALL sexual orientations equally. Anyone having unprotected sex is at risk for HIV.

Soldiers are tested for HIV prior to deployment and then on a regular basis after that. The gay men I know get tested even more frequently.

I will give you the fact that this openly gay service thing is stupid. It wouldn't be an issue if everyone would mind there own business. Now, from my experience in our armed forces HIV would be a non issue since they have dealt with it since about 1983 or so. Instead, they would be more worried about beatings and harassment or offending somebody's PC tendencies. Our fighting men have more chance of being exposed to HIV at a whore house in a port of call as they do on a battle field anywhere in the world. Also, In the Military I served in, Doc would do what ever it took to save one of his soldiers, Gay straight or what ever. He would not hesitate for a second. You are just full of shit.

no one cares what the troops think. they are sheep who signed their lives over to protect our corporations profits.

If gays in the military is a huge deal, within the next few years we should see the retention rate fall dramatically as straight soldiers surely will not re-enlist and serve with gays. The enlistment rates should fall away dramatically because surely straight soldiers will not en-list and serve side by side with a gay soldier. This is how we will see wether it is a good idea or not. My money is on it not being a big deal, and ten years from now no one will care and won't be able to see why it was such a bad idea.

So you feel that you or your son can speak for "the troops"?

How is the risk of HIV infection affected by removing the DADT policy?

HIV affects ALL sexual orientations equally. Anyone having unprotected sex is at risk for HIV.

Soldiers are tested for HIV prior to deployment and then on a regular basis after that. The gay men I know get tested even more frequently.

There were gays in the military before the repeal of DADT. If they had AIDS then, nothing has changed. Soldiers have been tested for HIV for decades, why are you afraid now?

Tell your son to stop being such a pussy

no one cares what the troops think. they are sheep who signed their lives over to protect our corporations profits.

:cuckoo:

truth hurts...

Yep, you got me. I'm a business owner. In fact I own two businesses. I oppress people by giving them jobs and paying them benefits and that sort of thing. The sheep are over there fighting for me and my greed. Ka-ching.

I am curious though, why are you here if that's all this country is about?

Well I can see that my post drew out openly gay deviants. Good Morning. Unprotected gay sex subsequent to HIV testing poses a real threat. HIV is spread through direct contact with blood. That is why it is classified as a most dangerous bio-hazard at any accident scene. Universal precautions are observed. If you pin heads had really served in the military you would know this.

By the way my pussy son, has served 3 combat tours in Iraq. His unit has been tapped for deployment to Afghanistan. At the moment he is passing on the skills that he honed in combat to deploying troops at Camp Shelby. He is a war fighter trainer. What have you maggots done for your country lately? Whining doesn't count.

they were concerned about black serving along side whites at one time
when woman started serving in combat roles they said they'd rape the women ,

seems like troops are not as professional as they should be .

Well I can see that my post drew out openly gay deviants. Good Morning. Unprotected gay sex subsequent to HIV testing poses a real threat. HIV is spread through direct contact with blood. That is why it is classified as a most dangerous bio-hazard at any accident scene. Universal precautions are observed. If you pin heads had really served in the military you would know this.

By the way my pussy son, has served 3 combat tours in Iraq. His unit has been tapped for deployment to Afghanistan. At the moment he is passing on the skills that he honed in combat to deploying troops at Camp Shelby. He is a war fighter trainer. What have you maggots done for your country lately? Whining doesn't count.

10 years served. And HIV was discussed, as well as all the other blood borne pathogens. We stupid unlisted men were even taught universal precautions and how to use them. HIV/AIDS is not anymore an issue after DADT then it was before. The fact that you are saying that a Corpsmen or medic will hesitate giving treatment because of the risk of HIV/AIDS is just stupid.

seems like troops are not as professional as they should be

I agree, some find it necessary to join the military and then tell other people what their sexual orientation is. Sounds like a political objective rather then a defending your country objective. Not at all professional in that profession.

Forum List

Back