The Trump-hating Boomers.

Raynine

Gold Member
Oct 28, 2023
As a boomer I have to make an unfortunate observation about some other Boomers. There is little doubt that we are divided as a generation particularly about Donald Trump. But it goes beyond division about politics. There is a kind of political, ideological, and cultural distemper infecting many Boomers today and it is giving rise to a dangerous zombie apocalypse of elderly, hateful, privileged, beneficieries of a toxic system that will go and vote against Trump not for Harris because they fear losing what they believe is a good deal they got and of course believe they deserve. They keep the rest of us in the cheap seats and and cannot understand why we are not content to have nothing and own nothing. There is no reasoning with these people. These people are in strait-jacket territory because they have a psychotic fear of losing their advantage. They see Donald Trump as a threat to the state that put them in a position of comfort while most ot the rest of the country struggles.

There is no arguing with people like this. They will go and vote against what they see is a danger to their cushy deal. What happens to the rest of us is of no concern to these people and the fate of our democracy isn't even on their radar. They travel the world and take exotic vacations where they run down the country to foreigners. Of course Donald Trump is bad! He is ignorant and crude like you and I and we did not play the game right so we deserve to suffer. We dont even have a coherent leader in Washington! The Trump-hating Boomers don't care. They will just take another vacation and get a second home in some resort area. This is what you are faced with and this is why this election is so important for your children and grandchildren. These Harris Boomers are not going to live much longer but the damage they could do before they go could be lethal for following generations.

They keep the rest of us in the cheap seats and and cannot understand why we are not content to have nothing and own nothing.

If you are a boomer, why at your age do you have nothing and own nothing?

How did this happen? Maybe I'll understand if you can explain your situation.

They keep the rest of us in the cheap seats and and cannot understand why we are not content to have nothing and own nothing.

If you are a boomer, why at your age do you have nothing and own nothing?

How did this happen? Maybe I'll understand if you can explain your situation.
Never said I have nothing and own nothing.

As a boomer I have to make an unfortunate observation about some other Boomers. There is little doubt that we are divided as a generation particularly about Donald Trump. But it goes beyond division about politics. There is a kind of political, ideological, and cultural distemper infecting many Boomers today and it is giving rise to a dangerous zombie apocalypse of elderly, hateful, privileged, beneficieries of a toxic system that will go and vote against Trump not for Harris because they fear losing what they believe is a good deal they got and of course believe they deserve. They keep the rest of us in the cheap seats and and cannot understand why we are not content to have nothing and own nothing. There is no reasoning with these people. These people are in strait-jacket territory because they have a psychotic fear of losing their advantage. They see Donald Trump as a threat to the state that put them in a position of comfort while most ot the rest of the country struggles.

There is no arguing with people like this. They will go and vote against what they see is a danger to their cushy deal. What happens to the rest of us is of no concern to these people and the fate of our democracy isn't even on their radar. They travel the world and take exotic vacations where they run down the country to foreigners. Of course Donald Trump is bad! He is ignorant and crude like you and I and we did not play the game right so we deserve to suffer. We dont even have a coherent leader in Washington! The Trump-hating Boomers don't care. They will just take another vacation and get a second home in some resort area. This is what you are faced with and this is why this election is so important for your children and grandchildren. These Harris Boomers are not going to live much longer but the damage they could do before they go could be lethal for following generations.
Example of a terminal case of TDS. .... :cuckoo:
...................................................................................................................................

I think you have it in reverse. The people who are confused are the Pro-Trump boomers who have worked all their lives and have nothing because REPUBLICANS have dismantled the institutions (Unions, fair labor laws) that allowed their parents to work at the same plant for a lifetime and retire with a comfortable pension. So, yes, you've worked hard all your lives and you have nothing in the cheap seats. But what the Republicans have done for the last 50 years is play on your racial, religious, and sexual fears to get you to keep voting for more tax cuts for rich people, more deregulation that hurts workers and consumers,

And, yes, these people go on foreign vacations, where they see countries where they have very little crime, universal health care, very little poverty, and solid public services, and it's kind of embarrassing for them to be Americans at that point.

Fortunately, you old, bigoted right wing boomers are going to die soon, and the country will be better off without you.

And there are other boomers, across the political spectrum, who see a larger and more disturbing picture. This includes his former WH staff, his former WH lawyers, his former generals, his former cabinet members, his former security team, and many members of his own party.

It's not about Trump, it never has been, so there's no reason to hate him. While vitriol has been directed towards him, in reality this is about the condition of a society that would turn anyone this blatantly dishonest, this bereft of character or integrity, and this psychologically damaged into a literal cult leader at a national political level.

This has been explained so many times at this point, that anyone one doesn't understand it is most likely not reachable.

Last edited:
Getting through to Trump-hating, Boomer Harris voters is like trying to herd cats infected with distemper. There is a psychotic derangement controlling their behavior and beliefs. These people did not fly over the cuckoo's nest, they landed in it. The strait-jacket mass hsyteria gripping these souls is so powerful that a zombie apocalyse of schizophrenic panicking inmates will fan out to vote for Harris in droves. You can't argue or reason with these people and you can't lobotomize them. All you can do is try to counter balance them with sanity.

I'm a boomer for Harris. Where do I sign up for all that world travel and exotic vacations? I earned every penny I have and will fight you in the streets if you try to screw up my Medicare. Trump is a con man. Not my fault if you are too childish to see that.

I'm a boomer for Harris. Where do I sign up for all that world travel and exotic vacations? I earned every penny I have and will fight you in the streets if you try to screw up my Medicare. Trump is a con man. Not my fault if you are too childish to see that.
If this were just Democrats, there could be an argument. But it isn't. It's across the board, and it's people in top positions who worked for him.

The Trumpsters can deny and distort that all they want. They're lying, or delusional, or both.

Getting through to Trump-hating, Boomer Harris voters is like trying to herd cats infected with distemper. There is a psychotic derangement controlling their behavior and beliefs. These people did not fly over the cuckoo's nest, they landed in it. The strait-jacket mass hsyteria gripping these souls is so powerful that a zombie apocalyse of schizophrenic panicking inmates will fan out to vote for Harris in droves. You can't argue or reason with these people and you can't lobotomize them. All you can do is try to counter balance them with sanity.

Again, if you want to "reason" with someone, you don't engage in a bunch of name-calling and then wonder why they disagree with you.

So, here's why I don't want Trump back in.

1) His first presidency was an unmitigated disaster, and presidents almost never have good second terms.

2) His age and mental deterioration are genuine concerns, as his is his stated desire to "get even" with everyone who wronged him.

3) His entire schtick is based on stocking racial and religious antagonisms. Look at what he's talking about. Haitians eating dogs, women killing babies, and transgender operations. None of these things are actually happening.

Now, look at what Harris is talking about. Building economic opportunity, increasing government programs that benefit the rest of us.

This shouldn't be a difficult choice at all.

Never said I have nothing and own nothing.

Yes, you did....your words....They keep the rest of us in the cheap seats and and cannot understand why we are not content to have nothing and own nothing.

You are included in that.

They travel the world and take exotic vacations where they run down the country to foreigners. Of course Donald Trump is bad! He is ignorant and crude like you and I and we did not play the game right so we deserve to suffer. We dont even have a coherent leader in Washington! The Trump-hating Boomers don't care. They will just take another vacation and get a second home in some resort area.

It sounds like you are damn jealous that you are a boomer and are sucking at life and cannot do these things.

They worked the system, raynine, and they will stay with it.

Add that your leader is a crazed weird autocratic strongman, they will vote twice against him.

Why would voting for tRump improve your impoverished situation?

How is that situation the fault of Democrats?

Again, if you want to "reason" with someone, you don't engage in a bunch of name-calling and then wonder why they disagree with you.

So, here's why I don't want Trump back in.

1) His first presidency was an unmitigated disaster, and presidents almost never have good second terms.

2) His age and mental deterioration are genuine concerns, as his is his stated desire to "get even" with everyone who wronged him.

3) His entire schtick is based on stocking racial and religious antagonisms. Look at what he's talking about. Haitians eating dogs, women killing babies, and transgender operations. None of these things are actually happening.

Now, look at what Harris is talking about. Building economic opportunity, increasing government programs that benefit the rest of us.

This shouldn't be a difficult choice at all.
People considering a vote for tRump:

1727533510441.png

Forum List

Back