The United States is 200 and, err – 50 years': Obama struggles to work out America's Age

It's not hard to figure out. If you are American you should just naturally remember the year 1776.
Oops. :lol:

I am willing to bet the farm that the vast and overwhelming of Americans have zero idea that we are 239 years old. How many truly knew our age before they entered this thread?

You expect a President and constitutional lawyer to understand basic math?

That's asking a little too much from your President! HAHAHA

I expect someone that has been in the 3rd grade to understand basic math.

Understand? He probably understands the math, but actually doing it under pressure, that's another thing. You try and do math like that, someone tells it to you, you don't SEE the numbers, you just hear them (males are less likely to be audio learners, they prefer visual and kinesthetic) and then you have a few seconds to put it all together and come out with the answer.

I'd say 90% of people on this forum would probably fail at this.

LMAO :clap2: :badgrin:

No wonder he does not understand the Constitution or much of anything... lol

-Geaux
============

The United States is 200 and, err – 50 years': Obama struggles to work out America's age (and if you're wondering, Mr. President, we're 240 this year!)

• Obama fumbled during speech in Omaha, Nebraska, Wednesday
  • He said America is 250 years old; it will actually turn 240 this year
  • Obama also joked that he can't serve 'four more years' because 'Michelle would kill me!'

President Barack Obama had trouble on Wednesday working out the math to determine the age of the country he has led for the last seven years, stammering that the United States is 250 years old.

The Second Continental Congress declared the independence of the U.S. in Philadelphia on July 4, 1776 – in the Declaration of Independence – making the country a hair older than 239-and-a-half.

Speaking at the University of Nebraska Omaha a day after his final State of the Union address to Congress, Obama complained that some Republicans in the audience failed to applaud when he insisted America is the world's strongest and most powerful nation.

'I mean, I understand why they wouldn't want to give me credit for it – which is true,' he said.

Obama struggles to work out America's age during speech in Nebraska

How many people can take 1776 and divide it by 2016 in three seconds while under pressure?

You don't have to divide anything. It's subtraction something you'd think a constitutional scholar that is supposed to be so smart could do.

Define smart!!!

Smart is about making the correct decisions. It's not about being able to do math quickly.

Why you think a CONSTITUTIONAL SCHOLAR should be able to subtract numbers in the thousands in an instant under pressure is beyond me. If he were good at that, he'd not have been president, he'd have been something else. Maybe a Math professor, maybe an engineer, maybe a hacker. But not president.

Including decisions about BASIC math.

Perhaps that's why the country is in such bad shape economically. Obama's dumbass doesn't realize that $18 trillion is more than $10 trillion.

It's not hard to figure out. If you are American you should just naturally remember the year 1776.
Oops. :lol:

I am willing to bet the farm that the vast and overwhelming of Americans have zero idea that we are 239 years old. How many truly knew our age before they entered this thread?

You expect a President and constitutional lawyer to understand basic math?

That's asking a little too much from your President! HAHAHA

I expect someone that has been in the 3rd grade to understand basic math.

Understand? He probably understands the math, but actually doing it under pressure, that's another thing. You try and do math like that, someone tells it to you, you don't SEE the numbers, you just hear them (males are less likely to be audio learners, they prefer visual and kinesthetic) and then you have a few seconds to put it all together and come out with the answer.

I'd say 90% of people on this forum would probably fail at this.

Put me in the 10% that wouldn't fail.

-Geaux
============

The United States is 200 and, err – 50 years': Obama struggles to work out America's age (and if you're wondering, Mr. President, we're 240 this year!)

• Obama also joked that he can't serve 'four more years' because 'Michelle would kill me!'

President Barack Obama had trouble on Wednesday working out the math to determine the age of the country he has led for the last seven years, stammering that the United States is 250 years old.

The Second Continental Congress declared the independence of the U.S. in Philadelphia on July 4, 1776 – in the Declaration of Independence – making the country a hair older than 239-and-a-half.

Speaking at the University of Nebraska Omaha a day after his final State of the Union address to Congress, Obama complained that some Republicans in the audience failed to applaud when he insisted America is the world's strongest and most powerful nation.

'I mean, I understand why they wouldn't want to give me credit for it – which is true,' he said.

How many people can take 1776 and divide it by 2016 in three seconds while under pressure?

You don't have to divide anything. It's subtraction something you'd think a constitutional scholar that is supposed to be so smart could do.

Define smart!!!

Smart is about making the correct decisions. It's not about being able to do math quickly.

Why you think a CONSTITUTIONAL SCHOLAR should be able to subtract numbers in the thousands in an instant under pressure is beyond me. If he were good at that, he'd not have been president, he'd have been something else. Maybe a Math professor, maybe an engineer, maybe a hacker. But not president.

Smart is knowing the difference between division and subtraction.

And again, do you think I don't know the difference? Seriously?

One thing is knowing something, the other is saying it perfectly every time. Have you never put a word wrong? Never? Yet you expect a president to be a super fucking hero?

-Geaux
============

Hey dumbass, you subtract 1776 from 2016 to get the age of the nation. You do not divide 1776 by 2016!

You see, people are so quick to judge other people because they make a mistake, so quick to insult.

Maybe you should stop and think for a few seconds. Think about all the possibilities of what has happened to me in the last few days, weeks months, and then try and figure out what's going on inside my head.

No, that would require effort. So instead, YOU INSULT.

Which is worse, making a mistake, or INSULTING?

Dude, you made a mistake about basic fucking math!!

If you would have taken a few seconds to CHECK your own math, you would have known you were wrong and you wouldn't appear to be such a moron.

BTW I don't give a rat's ass about what has happened to you in the last few days, months etc... Do you think you're the only one with a life?

The typical excuse and belief that he is the only one that has had things happen to him.

-Geaux
============

Define smart!!!

One thing is knowing something, the other is saying it perfectly every time. Have you never put a word wrong? Never? Yet you expect a president to be a super fucking hero?

I expect one that his supporters say is so smart to be able to do simple math.

-Geaux
============

Define smart!!!

Perhaps that's why the country is in such bad shape economically. Obama's dumbass doesn't realize that $18 trillion is more than $10 trillion.

You think the president does the math? Really? Fucking hell...... Ever heard of economists? Some of them work for the US govt, don't you know.

Obama has a Council of Economic Advisers, Jason Furman is the incumbent chairman right now. The office has about 35 people working for Obama.

How many presidents do you think ever did their own Math on the economy?

I think you need to go find out how the president works.

-Geaux
============

Define smart!!!

No I don't think you do.

You said "How many people can take 1776 and divide it by 2016 in three seconds while under pressure".

Now using your excuse you "put in the wrong word". lets replace the word "divide" by the word "subtract".

It would read: How many people can take 1776 and subtract it by 2016 in three seconds while under pressure.

And it's still WRONG!

-Geaux
============

Define smart!!!

You think the president does the math? Really? Fucking hell...... Ever heard of economists? Some of them work for the US govt, don't you know.

Obama has a Council of Economic Advisers, Jason Furman is the incumbent chairman right now. The office has about 35 people working for Obama.

Apparently they don't math either. I would expect someone you guys say is so smart to be able to do what a 3rd grader learns.

Since they work FOR him and he's the boss, he's responsible. Liberals are so fond of saying the person in charge is at fault if his people get something wrong. Guess not when it's your boy.

Apparently this President doesn't know math nor works. Traveling around talking shit isn't considered working unless you call running your mouth working.

Define smart!!!

Jeez, this is getting repetitive. I'm sure if you gave him a little space he'd be able to do it, don't you think? If you were under pressure, would you get it right?

There's a serious lack of understanding about how the human brain works going on on this thread right now.

-Geaux
============

Define smart!!!

I don't think he can do math.

Define smart!!!

No I don't think you do.

You said "How many people can take 1776 and divide it by 2016 in three seconds while under pressure".

Now using your excuse you "put in the wrong word". lets replace the word "divide" by the word "subtract".

It would read: How many people can take 1776 and subtract it by 2016 in three seconds while under pressure.

And it's still WRONG!

I usually don't insult people as a general rule, so I won't insult you, but what I will say is that your behavior is that of a complete and utter cock.

Define smart!!!

Jeez, this is getting repetitive. I'm sure if you gave him a little space he'd be able to do it, don't you think? If you were under pressure, would you get it right?

There's a serious lack of understanding about how the human brain works going on on this thread right now.

Absolutely. I'd expect someone you guys say is so smart to be able to do something better and quicker than those you call uneducated goofs. Guess not.

Define smart!!!

Good for you. You keep going with those thoughts, and maybe one day (based on moneys and typewriters) you'll hit gold.

Define smart!!!

No I don't think you do.

And it's still WRONG!

I usually don't insult people as a general rule, so I won't insult you, but what I will say is that your behavior is that of a complete and utter cock.

I would say your covering for someone you say is so much smarter than common folk is that of a complete cock sucker.

Define smart!!!

Good for you. You keep going with those thoughts, and maybe one day (based on moneys and typewriters) you'll hit gold.

I have no need to do any more. He can't do simple math and you cover for him. All the gold I need to support my claim that he can do no wrong in your eyes.

-Geaux
============

We know Obama can't.

Define smart!!!

No I don't think you do.

And it's still WRONG!

If you're insulted, that's on you. You're the one that don't understand basic math and the more you try to explain yourself the more ignorant you sound.

I expect the President to know the birth of our country and it's age. He should celebrate it every year like the rest of us do. On July 4th, 2014 the nation celebrated it's 238 birthday. Not hard to figure out what the age is in 2015 or 2016.

Define smart!!!

No I don't think you do.

And it's still WRONG!

If you're insulted, that's on you. You're the one that don't understand basic math and the more you try to explain yourself the more ignorant you sound.

I expect the President to know the birth of our country and it's age. He should celebrate it every year like the rest of us do. On July 4th, 2014 the nation celebrated it's 238 birthday. Not hard to figure out what the age is in 2015 or 2016.

Since the studying of the Constitution involves a study of history and Obama is supposed to be a Constitutional scholar, it's one of those facts that doesn't need math. For someone supposedly as smart as he is, it should be something burned on the brain much like people say they can recall where they were when JFK was shot and 9/11/01 occurred.

-Geaux
============

Hey dumbass, you subtract 1776 from 2016 to get the age of the nation. You do not divide 1776 by 2016!

You see, people are so quick to judge other people because they make a mistake, so quick to insult.

Maybe you should stop and think for a few seconds. Think about all the possibilities of what has happened to me in the last few days, weeks months, and then try and figure out what's going on inside my head.

No, that would require effort. So instead, YOU INSULT.

Which is worse, making a mistake, or INSULTING?
Try to remember that every time the left starts up shit about Trump's speeches.

"He said Two Corinthians, not 2nd Corinthians!!!!"

Forum List

Back