There will be no Don McGhan's in a second Trump term.

berg80

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2017

Trump Wanted to Order Justice Dept. to Prosecute Comey and Clinton

WASHINGTON — President Trump told the White House counsel in the spring that he wanted to order the Justice Department to prosecute two of his political adversaries: his 2016 challenger, Hillary Clinton, and the former F.B.I. director James B. Comey, according to two people familiar with the conversation.

The lawyer, Donald F. McGahn II, rebuffed the president, saying that he had no authority to order a prosecution. Mr. McGahn said that while he could request an investigation, that too could prompt accusations of abuse of power. To underscore his point, Mr. McGahn had White House lawyers write a memo for Mr. Trump warning that if he asked law enforcement to investigate his rivals, he could face a range of consequences, including possible impeachment.

The encounter was one of the most blatant examples yet of how Mr. Trump views the typically independent Justice Department as a tool to be wielded against his political enemies. It took on additional significance in recent weeks when Mr. McGahn left the White House and Mr. Trump appointed a relatively inexperienced political loyalist, Matthew G. Whitaker, as the acting attorney general.
Not that it would matter in the wake of the majority's decision yesterday. McGhan's quaint notion the prez has no authority to order the prosecution of his enemies is a thing of the past. (For those members of The Following who claim Biden has done that, eff you and read this........https://www.usmessageboard.com/threads/the-essential-utility-of-trumps-falsehoods.1110659/)

The new world order ushered in by the SC majority would also preclude the prez being prosecuted for obstruction of justice.

I. Order to McGahn to deny Trump’s order to fire Mueller

Obstructive act (p. 118): This effort “would qualify as an obstructive act if it had the natural tendency to constrain McGahn from testifying truthfully or to undermine his credibility as a potential witness[.]” There is “some evidence” that Trump genuinely believed press reports that he had ordered McGahn to fire Mueller were wrong. However, “[o]ther evidence cuts against that understanding of the president’s conduct”—and the special counsel lists a great deal more evidence on this latter point.

Nexus (p. 119): At this point “the Special Counsel’s use of a grand jury had been further confirmed by the return of several indictments.” Mueller’s office had indicated to Trump’s lawyers that it was investigating obstruction, and Trump knew that McGahn had already been interviewed by Mueller on the topic. “That evidence indicates the President’s awareness” that his efforts to fire Mueller were relevant to official proceedings. Trump “likely contemplated the ongoing investigation and any proceedings arising from it” in directing McGahn to create a false record of the earlier interaction.

Intent (p. 120): “Substantial evidence indicates that … the President acted for the purpose of influencing McGahn’s account in order to deflect or prevent further scrutiny” of Trump.

The country was fortunate McGhan was around to put a check on Don's abuses of power. Guys like him won't be around in Trump redux. The majority's opinion making that a moot point. Putting the criminal known as Individual 1 in the Oval Office with the knowledge he is above the law is the culmination of the decades long conservative project, a dream come true for Trump, and a nightmare for the country.

Lol, the tooth gnashing decibels are off the charts.
My apologies. I have a tendency to react badly when Don's Court metaphorically puts a gun in his hand and says fire away, you'll get no problem from us.

My apologies. I have a tendency to react badly when Don's Court metaphorically puts a gun in his hand and says fire away, you'll get no problem from us.

If you dipshits manage to get Trump assassinated before or after the election with your rhetoric you will earn the clusterfuck that will happen afterwards.

you want to get the normies riled up and in a mood for vengeance? keep at this shit.

The wheels are coming off the loon crazy train.
The wheels have come off the republic and you folks are cheering because you see the beneficiary of the ruling, a convicted felon, as being on your team.

If you dipshits manage to get Trump assassinated before or after the election with your rhetoric you will earn the clusterfuck that will happen afterwards.

you want to get the normies riled up and in a mood for vengeance? keep at this shit.
The tone deafness of that statement in the wake of Trump's tacit encouragement over violence and threats of such done by his mob to his "enemies" is quite something to see.

No apologies needed. The left made its bed when they projected their own criminal activities on to trump and then impeached him and then drew up bogus charges from leftist hack prosecutors. Nope, they deserve everything they have coming their way. I have no sympathy. They should have thought about the repercussions of their illegal acts but they just couldn't stop themselves.

No apologies needed. The left made its bed when they projected their own criminal activities on to trump and then impeached him and then drew up bogus charges from leftist hack prosecutors. Nope, they deserve everything they have coming their way. I have no sympathy.

No sympathy for them, only sympathy for the system they are trying to destroy.

I have a tendency to react badly

Yes... we've all seen it before.

maxresdefault.jpg

I would have asked you to prove your claim but I already know it's the same kind of bullshit you peddle all the time.

This coming from the fucked in the ass queen of bullshit on this board is comical.

No apologies needed. The left made its bed when they projected their own criminal activities on to trump
WASHINGTON — President Trump told the White House counsel in the spring that he wanted to order the Justice Department to prosecute two of his political adversaries: his 2016 challenger, Hillary Clinton, and the former F.B.I. director James B. Comey, according to two people familiar with the conversation.

Your thoughts?

Trump Wanted to Order Justice Dept. to Prosecute Comey and Clinton

The lawyer, Donald F. McGahn II, rebuffed the president, saying that he had no authority to order a prosecution. Mr. McGahn said that while he could request an investigation, that too could prompt accusations of abuse of power. To underscore his point, Mr. McGahn had White House lawyers write a memo for Mr. Trump warning that if he asked law enforcement to investigate his rivals, he could face a range of consequences, including possible impeachment.

The encounter was one of the most blatant examples yet of how Mr. Trump views the typically independent Justice Department as a tool to be wielded against his political enemies. It took on additional significance in recent weeks when Mr. McGahn left the White House and Mr. Trump appointed a relatively inexperienced political loyalist, Matthew G. Whitaker, as the acting attorney general.
Not that it would matter in the wake of the majority's decision yesterday. McGhan's quaint notion the prez has no authority to order the prosecution of his enemies is a thing of the past. (For those members of The Following who claim Biden has done that, eff you and read this........https://www.usmessageboard.com/threads/the-essential-utility-of-trumps-falsehoods.1110659/)

The new world order ushered in by the SC majority would also preclude the prez being prosecuted for obstruction of justice.

I. Order to McGahn to deny Trump’s order to fire Mueller

Obstructive act (p. 118): This effort “would qualify as an obstructive act if it had the natural tendency to constrain McGahn from testifying truthfully or to undermine his credibility as a potential witness[.]” There is “some evidence” that Trump genuinely believed press reports that he had ordered McGahn to fire Mueller were wrong. However, “[o]ther evidence cuts against that understanding of the president’s conduct”—and the special counsel lists a great deal more evidence on this latter point.

Nexus (p. 119): At this point “the Special Counsel’s use of a grand jury had been further confirmed by the return of several indictments.” Mueller’s office had indicated to Trump’s lawyers that it was investigating obstruction, and Trump knew that McGahn had already been interviewed by Mueller on the topic. “That evidence indicates the President’s awareness” that his efforts to fire Mueller were relevant to official proceedings. Trump “likely contemplated the ongoing investigation and any proceedings arising from it” in directing McGahn to create a false record of the earlier interaction.

Intent (p. 120): “Substantial evidence indicates that … the President acted for the purpose of influencing McGahn’s account in order to deflect or prevent further scrutiny” of Trump.

The country was fortunate McGhan was around to put a check on Don's abuses of power. Guys like him won't be around in Trump redux. The majority's opinion making that a moot point. Putting the criminal known as Individual 1 in the Oval Office with the knowledge he is above the law is the culmination of the decades long conservative project, a dream come true for Trump, and a nightmare for the country.
Trump needs a Columbo Family enforcer as AG

Your thoughts?

He'll get another chance next January... let's hope he has better luck.

After the majority's ruling something like this..........

..........Trump's motive for obstructing justice, is evidence that is no longer admissible in a trial.

Forum List

Back