There will be secession and Civil War in the US --- if we invade Syria

"...I would try Bush here in the USA in federal court."
Perhaps.

Given the grave doubts, and the shadow under which the Iraqi War casus belli dwells, perhaps we owe it to our own dead and wounded...

I would support an Independent Tribunal reporting to Congress and the Justice Department, with the power to subpoena any goddamned piece of Intel or Evidence that they wanted, and to subpoena any goddamned person they wanted to, in order to get to the bottom of the Iraq Weapons-of-Mass-Destruction / Iraq War Casus Belli bug-a-boo, and...

If... IF... the Tribunal issued findings of Presidential culpability, with recommendations to prosecute for Crime A or B or C, then I would support such a prosecution...

But it would be long, hard, skeptical, benefit-of-every-doubt-in-the-world path, to reach that finding and recommendation...

Still, it seems likely to have the support of some considerable percentage of the American People, and it would be good to learn (or confirm) the truth, and to put that behind us...

But turning Shrub or his crew over to the ICC or some-such?

Not a snowball's chance in hell... for any of several intuitively obvious reasons.

Then again, there's only a snowball's chance in hell that any such legitimate Independent Tribunal would ever be convened, thus empowered, or thus concluded...

2dA, you have exposed your own silliness.

Using cruise missiles on Assad is not the neo-cons' invading Iraq and staying there for ten fucking years.

Think, you silly loon.

- the major purpose of the government is to:

- advocate progressive taxation

- oppose growing and negative influence of large corporations

- support organized labor and trade unions

- provide a living wage

- support a universal health care system

Where does "The2ndAmendment" get his bizarre ideas?"

The Declaration of Independence says otherwise:
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men.

What do you suppose obama's plan is to secure those chemical weapons after the missile strikes?

Al queada will do a good job?
Thee weapons will disappear once obama stops thinking about them?
Russia will take care of it?

There is no plan.

We debate openly in all these forums, but he chicken out when he is challenge one on one in the bull ring.

He is the only poster on my ignore list, because he does not engage in an honest fashion.

This goes way beyond the fact that he's far left loon, pretending to be a Republican - he lacks any semblance of integrity, his entire argument in EVERY case is "I know you are but what am I?"

We debate openly in all these forums, but he chicken out when he is challenge one on one in the bull ring.

He is the only poster on my ignore list, because he does not engage in an honest fashion.

This goes way beyond the fact that he's far left loon, pretending to be a Republican - he lacks any semblance of integrity, his entire argument in EVERY case is "I know you are but what am I?"

True, the mods needs to put a lease on the bitch

[

I'm no talking about the bullshit Legalities behind War A or B or C...

I'm talking about getting us into a War, regardless of the underlying apologia...

By the way, the apologia for jumping into Vietnam was damned-near as specious as that for Iraq...

No... I was pointing out that Dems are just as good at getting us into bullshit wars as Pugs... casus belli A or B or C notwithstanding...

No, you see the thing was, in Vietnam, we had a treaty called SEATO. We were inviited in by the valid, elected government. And there was a compelling interest to keep communism from spreading.

Incidently, the guy who made the initial commitments to Vietnam was Dwight D. Eisenhower. He even proposed to JFK on the way out that the US militarily occupy Laos to keep the N. Vietnamese from moving weapons into the South.

And the point that you have to go back 40-50 years to find an example of a Democrat getting us into a "bullshit" war is telling.

:lol: You can't argue the facts or the context.

Unkotare is engaged in the Rainman dance.

If and whenever you folks want to post evidence to support assertion, go for it.

:lol: You can't argue the facts or the context.

so much irony I am surprise the board has not went down because of the weight.

JakeFakey is nothing if not predictable. He's not original, logical, honest, intelligent, or rational, but he IS predictable. So, that's something.

fat-dude-with-uzi.jpg

Republicans know the war is coming so they are building up their "reserves". Their "fat" reserves.

Forum List

Back