There will be secession and Civil War in the US --- if we invade Syria

[

I'm no talking about the bullshit Legalities behind War A or B or C...

I'm talking about getting us into a War, regardless of the underlying apologia...

By the way, the apologia for jumping into Vietnam was damned-near as specious as that for Iraq...

No... I was pointing out that Dems are just as good at getting us into bullshit wars as Pugs... casus belli A or B or C notwithstanding...

No, you see the thing was, in Vietnam, we had a treaty called SEATO...

Golly-gosh-gee-willickers, Mister Wizard, but I just found out about the SouthEast Asia Treaty Organization ten seconds ago when I saw your extremely helpful post...
50_50.gif

"...We were inviited in by the valid, elected government..."

Yep. That was the Official Party Line, alright, although your average Vietnamese had never so much as seen a voting booth by the time of the request for assistance.

"...And there was a compelling interest to keep communism from spreading..."

Indeed. Just like there is a compelling interest to keep Militant Islam from spreading; yet another hate-filled totalitarian approach to human social organization.

"...Incidently, the guy who made the initial commitments to Vietnam was Dwight D. Eisenhower..."

Indeed.

Ike knew what he was doing.

LBJ did not.

"...He even proposed to JFK on the way out that the US militarily occupy Laos to keep the N. Vietnamese from moving weapons into the South..."

Smart guy, Ike, when it came to military strategy and tactics and organization and logistics and the politics incumbent upon all of that in the context of a multinational allied venture.

"...And the point that you have to go back 40-50 years to find an example of a Democrat getting us into a "bullshit" war is telling."

Trouble is, you have to go back that far to find a Democratic President with (1) Balls and (2) a crisis of sufficient proportions so as to warrant full-scale warfare.

Franklin Roosevelt? Now there was a Democratic President with Balls. He tried to keep us out of it, and then tried to delay our entry for as long as possible until we were ready, and meanwhile kept feeding inventory to our allies to keep the eventual possibility of a multinational multi-front assault alive for future use.

Harry Truman? He, too, was a Democratic President with Balls; handling Korea as best he could while being hobbled by new developments on the nuclear front and by this new thing called the UN that stood in his way for so long. Just as well, probably, given that America was still war-weary at the time, but he did a damned-fine job, under the circumstances.

JFK? Now there was a card-player; although the Cuban Missile Crisis was mostly a Navy show, and JFK was an old Navy Man. Still, he also did a damned-fine job of hanging onto Berlin when The Wall went up, and other, lesser Air and Land challenges.

LBJ? A masterful politician in some respects, but a cowboy, and one who had to rely heavily upon his advisors to talk him through the basics in Vietnam with other challenges, and who eventually screwed the pooch, politically, and damned-near militarily. LBJ's administration was the beginning of the Slide of the Democratic Party in terms of wartime leadership.

Jimmah Abdul Carter? Don't make me laugh. The scenes from the Iranian desert and the world laughing at us for 444 days says it all.

Bill Clinton? The failed Somalia intervention (Blackhawk Down)? Lobbing some cruise-missles at Muslims (Afghanistan) or a few bombs on Saddam's radar-sites? But he DID get us into a high-altitude bombing campaign on BEHALF of the Muslims in Bosnia, didn't he?

Barack Obama? He INHERITED his wars; he didn't start them. He closed the one (Iraq) down in rather ignominious fashion and let the Enemy know when we'd be pulling out of the other one, to the detriment of our efforts there, but he (1) ranted and railed against both wars, then (2) sustained the one for years rather than shutting it down.

So, yeah, we have to back 40 years or more to find a Democratic President with the Balls to start one on any kind of appreciable scale AND where the stars aligned to that one was appropriate, but that's also largely a matter of what was happening in the world during their watches, and, of course, a couple of our more recent Democratic Presidents have demonstrated all the Military Acumen of a Cocker Spaniel.

No... I paraphrase and stand by my original remarks... both parties are culpable.

Both Repugs AND Dummies have manged to get us into the shit, and usually in a bullshit fashion, repeatedly, within living memory.

BOTH parties have blood on their hands... a great deal of it... literally and figuratively... there are no innocents in this context.

Last edited:
Wow! The r-wing fascists are really getting bent over Syria.

Last I checked, the left wing fascists are the one's wanting to launch cruise missiles at a bunch of suicidal rag heads to keep the oil flows running.

Sounds to me like you're the bad guy here.

Last anyone with a brain checked, fascism is rightwing, not left.

That is correct. I was sensationalizing.

The lefts version of fascism is marxism. Which liberal democrats in the U.S. are.

Marxist. All marxist should be apprehended and then condemned to the gallows or firing line.

Unwarranted hyperbole aside, those who assume rule in Syria will be chosen by Syrians. Perhaps there will be a little heart eating, but here in Sane World, we tend to doubt that very much.

And a bombing campaign would certainly not be indiscriminate or target chemical weapons stockpiles. Hitting one of those would certainly wreak more havoc than necessary and our military planners have forethought that you apparently lack.

The 'wag the dog" excuse does not work after we watched people dead and dying from a chemical weapons attack. You took your shot and missed.

If the chemicals are incinerated, they'll be destroyed dumbass.
Another swing and miss! What do you know about chemistry? About nerve agents, blood agents and dispersal rates? Seems like something you should take into consideration before you toss that supposedly empty can of Raid into the campfire.

And you called ME dumbass!?! Call your Mom. It's time she picked you up and took you home.

More than you'll ever know dumbass.

I've actually had weeks of schooling regarding chemical warfare. Here's the depth of your "education":

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8LFyyiv93s]Family Guy - Ding Fries Are Done with lyrics - YouTube[/ame]

I'll bet you're one of the retards who "think" you deserve $15 an hour to answer a 'ding' fries are done, but you'd be furious to find out your quarter pounder now costs $8.

Last edited:
Nope, for several reasons.
First and foremost is apathy. That would require turning off the tube and going outside.
Second, no matter how much folks may talk about their disenchantment with the status quo, individuals, local and state governments have their lips permanently attached to the government teat.

There will be secession and probably a civil war here, but it won't be over Syria.
You're daft!

No one will take part in open insurrection in the United States so long as we are safe, secure, educated and fed. Insurrection comes from desperation, not from suggestions by talk radio hosts or morons on message boards. You don't know what you're wishing for if you wish civil war on the United States. There won't be a trailer park left for you to hide in if you ever committed insurrection.

You have the gall to call anyone daft?

Name a "radio host" that isn't a moonbat that's suggested anyone piss on a tree let alone resist leftist tyranny. You're a seriously delusional fuckstick if you "think" anyone on "the right" is advocating insurrection.

Even the loopy bullshit from the OP isn't advocating a revolt. His concerns of a revolt are insipid as well, as you've pointed out
"so long as we are safe, secure, educated and fed" Though I would argue you're not educated, safe, or secure, but certainly over fed. He may just be so fed up by brainless ass spelunkers like you that he hopes for a violent means to wipe out the hordes of dangerously ignorant assholes who vote for people like your moonbat messiah.

I agree with you that he has no clue how much of a bone chilling nightmare that would be for all of us. Those who "survive" may wish they had not.

I say regardless, we need to run these bufoons out of town on a rail. I'm so sick of their shit

-Geaux

10-4, we need to defeat them so badly they flee to North Korea or Cuba crying. They'll never have as much freedom to be so completely stupid as they are here. There are countries where their stupidity is FORCED upon people, and they're desperate to escape.

I think once the Castro regime demands we stop allowing people to float south of the Florida Keys we'll know we've won. Yet I've noticed NONE of these assholes have made the first effort to escape this "rightwing" hell hole and abscond to the NK/Cuban utopia.

I'm hearing all the chatter and channels among the Free Men in the United States. Secession, blanket nullification and Civil War within the United States is at hand if the Hybrid Progressive/Neocon Leviathan starts World War 3. This will be equivalent to suspending the Constitution or confiscating firearms. There is no Constitution if Obama starts World War 3 without Congressional approval. It will be time to restore the Rule of Law.

Progressives among the Nations started World War I.
League of Nations

Progressives among the Nations started World War II.
United Nations.

Progressives among the Nations are starting World War III.
Final Goal: New World Order

You will do no more harm to the Free Men of the World. If you draft us into your corporate wars, in order to reduce the Freedoms of Mankind any further, in order to degrade our Dignity, in order to denigrate our Spirits; if you ignite this Earth with the flames of War and the Fires of Satan; we will Resist, we will Restore the Rule of Law.

No more shall you Terrorize the World, and Demolish entire Nations, nor enslave the Newborn through Debt and Bondage.

Your reign shall end.

---------------------------------------------------------

Want to resist the New World Order?

Get all your local gun owners together and make a large banner:

If you want to draft us, come and get us.​

They can't fight a war without men.

And while you're at it, stop paying taxes when World War 3 starts.

What are they gonna do, send some drafted Libtard Obama bedwetters to enFORCE their Unholy and Unconstitutional Mandates?

Wow! The r-wing fascists are really getting bent over Syria.

Hmm..., Weren't Progressive Marxists bent out of shape about Iraq, after the were for it?

God damn this thread has been going on for days, and none of the RW radicals have revolted yet to start their war. They keep trying to talk everyone else into doing it first. Pussies hahahahaha!!!!!

While you guys fantasize about civil war, you sure missed a great opening day of college football!

God damn this thread has been going on for days, and none of the RW radicals have revolted yet to start their war. They keep trying to talk everyone else into doing it first. Pussies hahahahaha!!!!!

While you guys fantasize about civil war, you sure missed a great opening day of college football!

Actually the idiots who consistently call for a civil war are neo confederates.... Not right wing at all.... More like democrats before 1980

If you think we should get involved in Syria, then go enlist in the military and demand to be one of the first ones sent over there you war whore!

Not me... I say fuck Syria. But the GOP has been screaming for Obama to do something in Syria for almost a year now. But if I know Obama, he will do the right thing and make the right moves to counter Assad thus Assad will be disposed within 6 months after Obama takes action. President Obama is brilliant that way.

I say leave Syria alone and don't get involved period. So, if Assad is removed, who replaces him? Someone from the Muslim brotherhood? We all see how well that went in Egypt! Yeah, Obama was really brilliant with Egypt. Last thing we need to do is screw up Syria even more. Let them figure out their own problems. The GOP are the only ones screaming for action...:eusa_whistle::cuckoo::lol:
How about allowing another country to deal with it first, instead of us thinking we should always be the super hero in the world?

Why not put the onus on Russia to deal with Syria and this gas attack, I mean since they want to be on Syria's side, and yet here they are as part of the global community in which stands for laws and standards in which are agreed upon in the world, so why not flip it on to them, and then say to them handle it since you are closer to them than we are ? Once we do this, then we can sit back and see if a nation like Russia is as civilized as they say they are or maybe their not, and if not then we will know what we are dealing with as found within them also.

Last edited:
Nah, the libertarians are not that foolish to threaten civil war.

That's tin foil lunacy from the far reactionary right, whom the conservatives look at with horror.

Forum List

Back