🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

There’s now a bipartisan bill to protect Mueller’s investigation from Trump

And the next few years too, at the least.

Meanwhile, what's getting done in Washington?

It's not "Congress" that's a problem. Congressmen are OK.

The Senate, notsomuch. My Senator, well, I've seen him do a lot of the right things, but he's only 1 out of 50 and even so, I don't trust him further than I can throw him. He's probably a pretty good dude. I feel for people in other states.
Every rabid partisan Republican hack bitches and moans about how every congressman is corrupt to the bone, but yet and still insists that THEIR congressman is "a pretty good dude."

lol.jpg

And the new legislation is to take that power away from the president because he can't be trusted.
He's tried at every turn to derail the investigations. Enough of that crap..

Well, I am sorry but the Legislative Branch can't remove power from the Executive Branch any more than the Executive Branch can remove power from the Legislative Branch. We have Constitutional separation of powers for a reason.

I hate that you're a dumbass who doesn't know how our government works but there's nothing I can do about that.

A special counsel shouldn't have been appointed in the first place. We now know the process was corrupted by Comey's fraudulent actions and his own admissions. In any event, this is purely a matter for the DOJ. Congress has nothing to do with it. They can decide to hold a Congressional hearing if they like but they don't control the Executive Branch.
Crucially, the order written by Rosensteinestablishing the special-counsel investigation is very broad. It states that the special counsel is “authorized to conduct the investigation” that includes “any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump” as well as “any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation.”

And the White House is cooperating with the investigation. You will notice it was the DOJ who authorized the investigation and therefore, it is the DOJ who can also end the investigation. Mueller is not some rogue actor without oversight. Surely you don't believe we should vest that kind of power in one man?

Now you can be a cocky little smart ass about it because you know as well as I that Mueller isn't likely to be fired. That would be a very bad political move and would probably ignite articles of impeachment for Trump. Still, as a matter of point, that doesn't change the chain of command and who Mueller answers to.

I used to teach government so a (((swing)) and a miss.
Comey knew Trump would lie when he had his meeting with him thus he took notes to document the encounter. Trump's downfall was firing Comey, a good man.
Guess what, the FBI may be able to testify against Trump in court.
Your pussygrabber opened up a can of worms but we all know he's his own worse enemy.

Well, if you used to teach government then you know what I'm saying is true and you're simply gaslighting. That is, telling a lie confidently while isolating from the truth. Separation of Powers... a fundamental of our form of government. Your argument is as silly as saying President Trump can issue an EO to override a SCOTUS ruling.

Comey admitted that he leaked his memo to the media for the purpose of getting a special counsel appointed. That's fraud. He should be charged and tried under the Espionage Act. As for Mueller, he should be dismissed by the AG. There is no crime or evidence of a crime involving the President. This has gone on long enough.
Incorrect. Trump admitted obstruction of justice live on TV during the Lester Holt interview and he is indeed currently under investigation for obstruction of justice.
And keep dreaming any charges being filed against Mueller, Sean.

Trump admitted no such thing. He can't be under investigation for obstruction of justice because there isn't a crime for him to obstruct the justice of. And I said nothing about charges against Mueller, Rachel.

Good to see the Congress working together for a good cause.
The odds continue to stack up against Trump.

Top Senate legislators are moving to protect former FBI Director Robert Mueller’s investigation into Russian election interference in case President Donald Trump tries to derail it.

On Thursday, Sens. Thom Tillis (R-NC) and Chris Coons (D-DE), two members of the Senate Judiciary Committee, announced they would introduce a bill to allow Justice Department special counsels, like Mueller, to challenge their removals in court. A three-panel judge would then get to adjudicate the challenge — meaning Trump could be overruled should he try to fire the special counsel.

The decision is a preemptive attempt to curtail the president, who has publicly criticized Mueller and derided the Russia investigation. In an interview with the New York Times, Trump even flirted with the idea that he’d fire Mueller if the former FBI director’s investigation winds up looking at Trump’s finances.

Talk about opening a constitutional can of worms. I don't see SCOTUS letting it stand if it should get by a veto, I seriously doubt it will ever come to a vote.

This investigation doesn't need any more derailments due to Trump's guilty conscience.
The fact that it is bipartisan means it's very likely to stand.

Um, it hasn't been derailed at all. You still read to much into this. Look Jr. think back to slick Willy when he was impeached. Did that REALLY hurt him at all? And they had him to. Lying under oath. Had he been allowed to run three terms he would have been elected again conviction and impeachment and all. At best, Muller picks off a guy or two, Trump pardons them and y'all got nothing until 2024. Say Muller finds an inconsistency or lie, charges Trump and he is impeached. Trump go's nowhere, gets reelected (if the laws allow) or gets a like minded candidate elected and then you still got nothing.

And the new legislation is to take that power away from the president because he can't be trusted.

Well, I am sorry but the Legislative Branch can't remove power from the Executive Branch any more than the Executive Branch can remove power from the Legislative Branch. We have Constitutional separation of powers for a reason.

I hate that you're a dumbass who doesn't know how our government works but there's nothing I can do about that.

A special counsel shouldn't have been appointed in the first place. We now know the process was corrupted by Comey's fraudulent actions and his own admissions. In any event, this is purely a matter for the DOJ. Congress has nothing to do with it. They can decide to hold a Congressional hearing if they like but they don't control the Executive Branch.
Crucially, the order written by Rosensteinestablishing the special-counsel investigation is very broad. It states that the special counsel is “authorized to conduct the investigation” that includes “any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump” as well as “any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation.”

And the White House is cooperating with the investigation. You will notice it was the DOJ who authorized the investigation and therefore, it is the DOJ who can also end the investigation. Mueller is not some rogue actor without oversight. Surely you don't believe we should vest that kind of power in one man?

Now you can be a cocky little smart ass about it because you know as well as I that Mueller isn't likely to be fired. That would be a very bad political move and would probably ignite articles of impeachment for Trump. Still, as a matter of point, that doesn't change the chain of command and who Mueller answers to.

Ken Star?

Top Senate legislators are moving to protect former FBI Director Robert Mueller’s investigation into Russian election interference in case President Donald Trump tries to derail it.

On Thursday, Sens. Thom Tillis (R-NC) and Chris Coons (D-DE), two members of the Senate Judiciary Committee, announced they would introduce a bill to allow Justice Department special counsels, like Mueller, to challenge their removals in court. A three-panel judge would then get to adjudicate the challenge — meaning Trump could be overruled should he try to fire the special counsel.

The decision is a preemptive attempt to curtail the president, who has publicly criticized Mueller and derided the Russia investigation. In an interview with the New York Times, Trump even flirted with the idea that he’d fire Mueller if the former FBI director’s investigation winds up looking at Trump’s finances.

Talk about opening a constitutional can of worms. I don't see SCOTUS letting it stand if it should get by a veto, I seriously doubt it will ever come to a vote.

This investigation doesn't need any more derailments due to Trump's guilty conscience.

Um, it hasn't been derailed at all. You still read to much into this. Look Jr. think back to slick Willy when he was impeached. Did that REALLY hurt him at all? And they had him to. Lying under oath. Had he been allowed to run three terms he would have been elected again conviction and impeachment and all. At best, Muller picks off a guy or two, Trump pardons them and y'all got nothing until 2024. Say Muller finds an inconsistency or lie, charges Trump and he is impeached. Trump go's nowhere, gets reelected (if the laws allow) or gets a like minded candidate elected and then you still got nothing.
Clinton was found not guilty

Clinton was found not guilty

Of the lying? Hm, weird. Still wouldn't have mattered.

Comey knew Trump would lie when he had his meeting with him thus he took notes to document the encounter. Trump's downfall was firing Comey, a good man.
Your pussygrabber opened up a can of worms but we all know he's his own worse enemy.

Well, if you used to teach government then you know what I'm saying is true and you're simply gaslighting. That is, telling a lie confidently while isolating from the truth. Separation of Powers... a fundamental of our form of government. Your argument is as silly as saying President Trump can issue an EO to override a SCOTUS ruling.

Comey admitted that he leaked his memo to the media for the purpose of getting a special counsel appointed. That's fraud. He should be charged and tried under the Espionage Act. As for Mueller, he should be dismissed by the AG. There is no crime or evidence of a crime involving the President. This has gone on long enough.
Incorrect. Trump admitted obstruction of justice live on TV during the Lester Holt interview and he is indeed currently under investigation for obstruction of justice.

Trump admitted no such thing. He can't be under investigation for obstruction of justice because there isn't a crime for him to obstruct the justice of. And I said nothing about charges against Mueller, Rachel.
He most certainly did admit obstruction.
He said he fired Comey because of being investigated with the Russian thing.
That's clear obstruction of justice. Mueller has multiple examples of Trump trying to derail the investigation. Gee you can't figure out why he was so determined to end the investigations.

Even Fox News knows convening the grand jury is serious.

“Let me tell you something,” Gasparino told Fox News’ Neil Cavuto. ”[Mueller] wouldn’t have impaneled a grand jury unless he thought there was something there.”

“I mean this is serious,” he added. “I don’t know how else to put it.”

Hilarious you think this is nothing. The fact you and your buddy trump are even talking about pardoning shows it's dead serious..
No way trump gets reelected. Well he's done such a great job with healthcare and is on top of all the issues right?
We now have a vantage point you didn't have before Nov. We now know he has no idea what he's doing and is extremely overmatched as prez..

Last edited:

Hilarious you think this is nothing. The fact you and your buddy trump are even talking about pardoning shows it's dead serious..
No way trump gets reelected. Well he's done such a great job with healthcare and is on top of all the issues right?
We now we have a vantage point you didn't have before Nov. We now know he has no idea what he's doing and is extremely overmatched as prez..

Man you got it bad.

So, lets say this bill passes, does anyone honestly believe trump will sign it?

[QUOTiE="Reasonable, post: 17855994, member: 61588"]I used to teach government so a (((swing)) and a miss.

Trump admitted no such thing. He can't be under investigation for obstruction of justice because there isn't a crime for him to obstruct the justice of. And I said nothing about charges against Mueller, Rachel.[/QUOTE]

Comey knew Trump would lie when he had his meeting with him thus he took notes to document the encoer. Trump's downfall was firing Comey, a good man.

Trump obstruction is the crime. Obstructing an investigation

And the next few years too, at the least.

Meanwhile, what's getting done in Washington?

It's not "Congress" that's a problem. Congressmen are OK.

The Senate, notsomuch. My Senator, well, I've seen him do a lot of the right things, but he's only 1 out of 50 and even so, I don't trust him further than I can throw him. He's probably a pretty good dude. I feel for people in other states.
Every rabid partisan Republican hack bitches and moans about how every congressman is corrupt to the bone, but yet and still insists that THEIR congressman is "a pretty good dude."

lol.jpg

Not so much anymore. I think the political parties are evolving. I do not believe we will have typical politicians anymore. Not as extreme as we have now, but a new happy medium is coming. So it's known, I think all politicians are crooked motherfuckers. Even the ones from my state as well as anyone else's.

We now we have a vantage point you didn't have before Nov. We now know he has no idea what he's doing and is extremely overmatched as prez..

Man you got it bad.
I just speak the truth. Something you Trumpies can't admit. Your cult has it bad..

So, lets say this bill passes, does anyone honestly believe trump will sign it?
That will be even more damning evidence against him if he doesn't sign it.
Amazing you cant see the truth right in front of your eyes.

Man you got it bad.
I just speak the truth. Something you Trumpies can't admit. Your cult has it bad..

When did you start that?

Forum List

Back