They can't define what an assult weapon is, but they will ban them...

Does the right to bear arms...
... supersede the safety...
... and well being of others?

That seems to be the question...
... our society is struggling with.

It's a very simple answer... NO, their safety does not supersede my Constitutional Rights. Never has and never should.

Last edited:
Does the right to bear arms...

... supersede the safety...

... and well being of others?

That seems to be the question...

... our society is struggling with.

A better question is whether the forced inability of law-abiding citizens to defend ourselves and uphold our constitutional rights because of the actions of a very tiny few makes us a safer, freer and better society for all, and whether taking away guns like this has actually ever worked to make anyone more safe, more free---- or less? History says otherwise.

Quit whining you big baby. You're not Rambo, even if you did get that camo vest on sale.

I knew the left would be taking us in this direction.

My 50 year old Marlin semi-auto .22 with a fixed 18 shot magazine, is now an assault weapon and would be banned in this town.

So don't go to that town dummy. It's their town, they can do what they want.

Imagine that... Some snowflake in Illinois wants to Ban the following...

The list is long and includes all the following models or duplicates thereof: AK, AKM, AKS, AK-47, AK-74, ARM, MAK90, Misr, NHM 90, NHM 91, SA 85, SA 93, VEPR, AR-10, AR-15, Bushmaster XM15, Armalite M15, Olympic Arms PCR, AR70, Calico Liberty, Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle, Dragunov SVU, Fabrique NationalFN/FAL, FN/LAR, FNC, Hi-Point Carbine, HK-91, Kel-Tec Sub Rifle, SAR-8, Sturm, Ruger Mini-14, and more.

Shit is getting deep boys and girls...

Town votes to ban assault rifles, fine violators $1,000 a day

Illinois

Home of Chicago where the murder rate in 2016 was 206 times the national rate

All their gun laws really work so they want more

Tissue?

The list is long and includes all the following models or duplicates thereof: AK, AKM, AKS, AK-47, AK-74, ARM, MAK90, Misr, NHM 90, NHM 91, SA 85, SA 93, VEPR, AR-10, AR-15, Bushmaster XM15, Armalite M15, Olympic Arms PCR, AR70, Calico Liberty, Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle, Dragunov SVU, Fabrique NationalFN/FAL, FN/LAR, FNC, Hi-Point Carbine, HK-91, Kel-Tec Sub Rifle, SAR-8, Sturm, Ruger Mini-14, and more.

Illinois

Home of Chicago where the murder rate in 2016 was 206 times the national rate

All their gun laws really work so they want more

What would you say if I told you that the guns being used to shoot people in Chicago originate in bordering states with lax gun laws?

Would you be honest and say “ Yes, I know. But I intentionally leave that out because it is a fact that would make my dishonest point seem stupid”?

70% of all murders take place in very small areas of just 5 counties in the entire country but since those murders are predominantly young minorities killing other young minorities you don't give a shit
Reducing the firearms in circulation will reduce the firearm homicide rate. This is shown by the experience of other developed nations, whatever point you were trying to make, unsuccessfully, in your rant.

70% of all murders take place in very small areas of just 5 counties in the entire country but since those murders are predominantly young minorities killing other young minorities you don't give a shit
Reducing the firearms in circulation will reduce the firearm homicide rate. This is shown by the experience of other developed nations, whatever point you were trying to make, unsuccessfully, in your rant.
In the last 20 years, homicide rates have plummeted, while the number of firearms in circulation has soared.

In other words: you fail.

In the last 20 years, homicide rates have plummeted, while the number of firearms in circulation has soared.

Has the number of gun homicides “plummeted”? How about gun suicides?

It’s a good start

I would make it simpler.......anything capable of being fired at a rate above 100 rpm is an assault rifle

That just shows how much of an idiot you are.

So a handgun in the hands of a practiced rapid reloader and shooter would be an assault weapon, but in the hands of a normal person it wouldn't be?

Who cares about suicides?

There won't be a reduction of the number of firearms in circulation. Even if you could stop even a single gun from ever going nanufaxmctured again, there would not be a significant reduction in guns owned because most American gun owners are not going to give up our arms.

Hell, I've started buying guns from people who i think might turn theirs in (if commanded to) as a means to ensure they don't get taken out of circulation.

My 50 year old Marlin semi-auto .22 with a fixed 18 shot magazine, is now an assault weapon and would be banned in this town.

So I assume you support Alabama towns banning abortions, right?

What about a ban in place after 10 weeks?

I do. I also care about accidental gun deaths. Especially among little kids.

Weird, huh?

I do.

Well sorry but someone offing themselves with a gun is no reason to restrict MY access to one. Why not prevent all traffic from crossing the golden gate bridge because jumpers seem to have a soft spot for it?

Some are trying, and they might even succeed for a while. Not for long though. Religious nuts have pushed their luck almost as much as gun nuts have. The pendulum is headed the other way.

I do.

Well sorry but someone offing themselves with a gun is no reason to restrict MY access to one. Why not prevent all traffic from crossing the golden gate bridge because jumpers seem to have a soft spot for it?

I’m certain there are lots of reasons to restrict YOUR access to firearms. But we aren’t talking about you.

More guns leads to more gun deaths. Simple math.

And, here is the proper way to react to a widely used method of suicide:

Fewer suicides occurring at Golden Gate Bridge

Some are trying, and they might even succeed for a while. Not for long though. Religious nuts have pushed their luck almost as much as gun nuts have. The pendulum is headed the other way.

you didn't answer the questions.

I do.

I’m certain there are lots of reasons to restrict YOUR access to firearms. But we aren’t talking about you.

More guns leads to more gun deaths. Simple math.

And, here is the proper way to react to a method of suicide:

Fewer suicides occurring at Golden Gate Bridge

Correlation is not causation.

Yes, the PROPER way to deal with something, deal with the people in question, not a blanket ban on crossing the bridge, which is what gun control basically is.

Thanks for proving my point, dippy.

you didn't answer the questions.

Why should I? If my answer doesn't agree with you, you'll just whine anyway.

Forum List

Back