They can't define what an assult weapon is, but they will ban them...

and whether taking away guns like this has actually ever worked to make anyone more safe, more free---- or less?
Yes, more safe and freer from the threat of massacres, as demonstrated by the safety of pupils in the other developed nations.

As history shows.

They're only safe because someone has a gun.

I knew the left would be taking us in this direction.

My 50 year old Marlin semi-auto .22 with a fixed 18 shot magazine, is now an assault weapon and would be banned in this town.

So don't go to that town dummy. It's their town, they can do what they want.

So I assume you support Alabama towns banning abortions, right?

What about a ban in place after 10 weeks?

Some are trying, and they might even succeed for a while. Not for long though. Religious nuts have pushed their luck almost as much as gun nuts have. The pendulum is headed the other way.

you didn't answer the questions.

Why should I? If my answer doesn't agree with you, you'll just whine anyway.

No, I just want to see how consistent you are about your views on rights, more particularly, how you may ignore the constitution in one respect, and use it as a shield in another.

Last edited:
Imagine that... Some snowflake in Illinois wants to Ban the following...

The list is long and includes all the following models or duplicates thereof: AK, AKM, AKS, AK-47, AK-74, ARM, MAK90, Misr, NHM 90, NHM 91, SA 85, SA 93, VEPR, AR-10, AR-15, Bushmaster XM15, Armalite M15, Olympic Arms PCR, AR70, Calico Liberty, Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle, Dragunov SVU, Fabrique NationalFN/FAL, FN/LAR, FNC, Hi-Point Carbine, HK-91, Kel-Tec Sub Rifle, SAR-8, Sturm, Ruger Mini-14, and more.

Shit is getting deep boys and girls...

Town votes to ban assault rifles, fine violators $1,000 a day
It’s a good start

I would make it simpler.......anything capable of being fired at a rate above 100 rpm is an assault rifle

That just shows how much of an idiot you are.

So a handgun in the hands of a practiced rapid reloader and shooter would be an assault weapon, but in the hands of a normal person it wouldn't be?
Classify an assault weapon based on the capabilities of the gun, not the shooter.

Makes it easier than playing alphabet soup with different models and makes

Has the number of gun homicides “plummeted”? How about gun suicides?

Who cares about suicides?

I do.

Well sorry but someone offing themselves with a gun is no reason to restrict MY access to one. Why not prevent all traffic from crossing the golden gate bridge because jumpers seem to have a soft spot for it?

I’m certain there are lots of reasons to restrict YOUR access to firearms. But we aren’t talking about you.

More guns leads to more gun deaths. Simple math.

And, here is the proper way to react to a method of suicide:

Fewer suicides occurring at Golden Gate Bridge

Correlation is not causation.

Yes, the PROPER way to deal with something, deal with the people in question, not a blanket ban on crossing the bridge, which is what gun control basically is.

Thanks for proving my point, dippy.

Nope. Multi-faceted approach. Including making it harder to achieve the goal of killing.

Skippy.

The list is long and includes all the following models or duplicates thereof: AK, AKM, AKS, AK-47, AK-74, ARM, MAK90, Misr, NHM 90, NHM 91, SA 85, SA 93, VEPR, AR-10, AR-15, Bushmaster XM15, Armalite M15, Olympic Arms PCR, AR70, Calico Liberty, Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle, Dragunov SVU, Fabrique NationalFN/FAL, FN/LAR, FNC, Hi-Point Carbine, HK-91, Kel-Tec Sub Rifle, SAR-8, Sturm, Ruger Mini-14, and more.

It’s a good start

I would make it simpler.......anything capable of being fired at a rate above 100 rpm is an assault rifle

So a handgun in the hands of a practiced rapid reloader and shooter would be an assault weapon, but in the hands of a normal person it wouldn't be?
Classify an assault weapon based on the capabilities of the gun, not the shooter.

Again, how do you define the capability. An automatic has a cyclical rate of fire, a semi auto is 100% dependent on the ability of the shooter.

Who cares about suicides?

I do.

Well sorry but someone offing themselves with a gun is no reason to restrict MY access to one. Why not prevent all traffic from crossing the golden gate bridge because jumpers seem to have a soft spot for it?

I’m certain there are lots of reasons to restrict YOUR access to firearms. But we aren’t talking about you.

Yes, the PROPER way to deal with something, deal with the people in question, not a blanket ban on crossing the bridge, which is what gun control basically is.

Nope. Multi-faceted approach. Including making it harder to achieve the goal of killing.

Skippy.

Again, they don't ban people from the bridge, or say weld the cars of their doors shut before they drive onto it.

Blanket bans are just that, and since we have that pesky 2nd amendment around, infringing on my rights is unconstitutional.

It’s a good start

Again, how do you define the capability. An automatic has a cyclical rate of fire, a semi auto is 100% dependent on the ability of the shooter.
You can still measure the rate at which a semi auto is capable of being fired at.

Take the human out of it. Rate each gun by it’s capability, if its above 100 rpm it gets classified as an assault weapon

From the now expired assault weapons ban "In general, assault weapons are semiautomatic firearms with a large magazine of ammunition that were designed and configured for rapid fire and combat use."

Next stupid straw man?

It’s a good start

You can still measure the rate at which a semi auto is capable of being fired at.

Take the human out of it. Rate each gun by it’s capability, if its above 100 rpm it gets classified as an assault weapon

So a glock pistol would be an assault weapon?

A .22 pee shooter with a detachable mag would be an assault weapon?

this will be challenged in the courts

might be the one we have been waiting for

to answer the miller question

Illinois

Home of Chicago where the murder rate in 2016 was 206 times the national rate

All their gun laws really work so they want more

What would you say if I told you that the guns being used to shoot people in Chicago originate in bordering states with lax gun laws?

Would you be honest and say “ Yes, I know. But I intentionally leave that out because it is a fact that would make my dishonest point seem stupid”?

Doesn't matter.

It seems Chicago law enforcement is incapable of enforcing their own laws.

And how come some Chicago neighborhoods have a near zero murder rate even though some neighboring states have less strict gun laws?

70% of all murders take place in very small areas of just 5 counties in the entire country but since those murders are predominantly young minorities killing other young minorities you don't give a shit
Reducing the firearms in circulation will reduce the firearm homicide rate. This is shown by the experience of other developed nations, whatever point you were trying to make, unsuccessfully, in your rant.
In the last 20 years, homicide rates have plummeted, while the number of firearms in circulation has soared.

In other words: you fail.

Why is a homicide or a suicide with a gun somehow worse than a homicide or suicide without a gun?

70% of all murders take place in very small areas of just 5 counties in the entire country but since those murders are predominantly young minorities killing other young minorities you don't give a shit
Reducing the firearms in circulation will reduce the firearm homicide rate. This is shown by the experience of other developed nations, whatever point you were trying to make, unsuccessfully, in your rant.

Yeah that philosophy works real well with drugs to doesn't it?

And I've already shown you how the gun laws of those European countries you love so much did not lower their murder rates below what they were before the gun laws were passed.

And FYI London's murder rate has surpassed that of New York City how do you explain that if gun laws lower murder rates?

It’s a good start

Yup

Illinois

Home of Chicago where the murder rate in 2016 was 206 times the national rate

All their gun laws really work so they want more

Tissue?

Yeah you are stupid enough not to understand the real numbers

Yup

That's directly infringement, so a no go.

Skippy.

Again, they don't ban people from the bridge, or say weld the cars of their doors shut before they drive onto it.

Blanket bans are just that, and since we have that pesky 2nd amendment around, infringing on my rights is unconstitutional.

I’m not advocating a blanket ban. That is you being intentionally misinformed about the issue and who wants what.

Next.

In the last 20 years, homicide rates have plummeted, while the number of firearms in circulation has soared.

In other words: you fail.

Why is a homicide or a suicide with a gun somehow worse than a homicide or suicide without a gun?

It isn’t worse. It’s easier.

Next.

Skippy.

I’m not advocating a blanket ban. That is you being intentionally misinformed about the issue and who wants what.

Next.

A ban on semi-autos is a blanket ban. That is what that town in by Chicago is doing, and that is why RKBA supporters laugh at unknowing gun grabbing twats like you when you whine about assault weapons.

Forum List

Back