They can't define what an assult weapon is, but they will ban them...

it a ban on a common and widely used mechanism for firearms, and is thus unconstitutional under the 2nd amendment.
No it isn't. Semi automatic rifles are still permitted. In what chamber are you echoing?

Look at that towns proposal, it covers all semi-autos.
This is a lie.

This also exhibits rightwing hypocrisy.

Conservative dogma is supposed to favor local government, as local governments know best how to govern in accordance with the wishes of their residents.

This community has elected to enact perfectly Constitutional firearm regulatory measures consistent with Second Amendment jurisprudence; no Second Amendment rights are being ‘violated.’

And rather than supporting the wishes of this local community conservatives instead attack and attempt to vilify how this community decides to regulate firearms.

Nope, not constitutional, and again, local governments can't override the US Constitution, which is why the 2nd amendment association is already suing them.

Imagine that... Some snowflake in Illinois wants to Ban the following...

The list is long and includes all the following models or duplicates thereof: AK, AKM, AKS, AK-47, AK-74, ARM, MAK90, Misr, NHM 90, NHM 91, SA 85, SA 93, VEPR, AR-10, AR-15, Bushmaster XM15, Armalite M15, Olympic Arms PCR, AR70, Calico Liberty, Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle, Dragunov SVU, Fabrique NationalFN/FAL, FN/LAR, FNC, Hi-Point Carbine, HK-91, Kel-Tec Sub Rifle, SAR-8, Sturm, Ruger Mini-14, and more.

Shit is getting deep boys and girls...

Town votes to ban assault rifles, fine violators $1,000 a day
from this article:

The village defines an “assault weapon” broadly, including rifles with fixed magazines that are capable of accepting magazines holding more than ten rounds, certain pistols with detachable magazines, and certain shotguns.

The town has additionally banned so-called high capacity magazines.

“Large capacity magazine means any ammunition feeding device with the capacity to accept more than ten rounds,” the ordinance states.
-----
they still don't know exactly what the fuck a magazine is but they can define an assault rifle?

If that town had any courage at all, they would jail their leaders and press criminal charges. Last time I looked, it was a crime to violate someone's rights.
oh - the court date is coming. get your popcorn ready.

masonry_preview_2x.jpg

Wow, I'd never seen this clip before.

Damn, what the hell was she thinking?

I see jillian thinks that bullying kids "since middleschool" deserves a funny.

Jillian, do you want these killings to continue? You think it's funny?

Have you researched how many of these school shooters were bullied for years before the incidents? Or how many of them (likely all), were put on anti-depressants or ADHD drugs prior to the shootings?

You want to stop these from happening, end the barbaric practice of Medicating under developed children's brains and shun those that ADMIT to bullying.

Killers kill, it's what they do. Taking away one tool will simply lead them to the next tool.

You have no answers, but what more can you say? You're a troll that does what a troll does, she trolls.

Have you researched how many of these school shooters were bullied for years before the incidents? Or how many of them (likely all), were put on anti-depressants or ADHD drugs prior to the shootings?

You want to stop these from happening, end the barbaric practice of Medicating under developed children's brains and shun those that ADMIT to bullying.

Killers kill, it's what they do. Taking away one tool will simply lead them to the next tool.

You have no answers, but what more can you say? You're a troll that does what a troll does, she trolls.

Dude why do you even bother with her..... she consistently highlights why she is the stupidest member on the USMB..... doesn't even qualify as a troll.:2up:

Dude why do you even bother with her..... she consistently highlights why she is the stupidest member on the USMB..... doesn't even qualify as a troll.:2up:

True, all these discussions seem to focus on the tool a killer uses to kill. They want to take the focus from what created the killer in the first place. Killers, by their very nature will kill, it's what killers do.

In the case of school killings there seem to be two factors that no one want's to discuss.

1. Nearly all (likely all, but some of the required information has been sealed by courts) have been either on antidepressant (SSRI's) or ADHD Drugs, and,

2. Nearly all have been bullied relentlessly, driving them to become loners.

It would seem clear to anyone with a brain that, if you really want to end the shootings, you need to confront those two factors.

These shootings are a relatively new phenomenon. Why:

The use of SSRI's and ADHD medications on children are a relatively new course of treatment. Combined with a dramatic increase in bullying = creating Monsters.

If you create a Monster, who in their right mind is shocked when the Monster appears?

"In a 2009 national survey, some 20 percent of high school students reported being bullied on school property in the year prior. But thanks to the rise of social media and the Internet, bullying is no longer confined to just school property or hours. These days, it can happen anywhere and at anytime - including at home after school, when kids are texting more or using Facebook and Twitter. In 2007, about 4 percent of 12- to 18-year-olds reported having been cyber bullied during the school year. And given the increasing popularity of social media, plus the number of recent suicides in the news, it seems that population may be growing"

I wonder if these are being actively ignored because so many don't want to rid society these drugs because they themselves are on them, or, have their own children on them. Much easier to medicate a child into submission then to discipline them yourself.

Jesus, in the link I posted earlier, that chick admitted he was pushed away from the very community he was being forced to be a part of, and they didn't think this would happen?

Stupid is what stupid does I guess.

You sure are eager to give absolute trust and absolute irrevocable power over your life to your government that lies to you about everything it does, cheats you at every level. That either makes you the bravest man in the world or its biggest fool.
No, it makes you a constructor of strawmen because you have nothing else apart from gunsplainin' when your examples explode in your face.

Which strawmen? Nothing but history which I and others have already shown over and over. You are obviously blind, just do not want to see---- working for the anti-gun lobby? WHAT has exploded in my face? Why do you always try to use nebulous and circuitous BULLSHIT to explain conclusions you cannot even support with facts?

Forum List

Back