They do not inform you of unpaid property taxes

Againsheila

Gold Member
Nov 1, 2008
Federal Way WA
I made a very expensive mistake. We ran out of checks, so I grabbed some new checks and wrote a check for my property taxes. Turns out the checks I grabbed were for an account we hardly ever use and there was only $50. in it. My property tax check bounced. FOUR TIMES! I was not informed by the bank, I was not informed by King County. I found out only when my husband noticed we were using the wrong checks. I went to the back today, which is when I found out the check had bounced FOUR TIMES. That's four bounced check fees for property taxes and two bounced check fees for the check for the plumbers. No one informed me. You would think that a bank, at which I'd had an account for years and NEVER bounced a check would have a least sent me a letter stating that I bounced a check. Nope. Apparently that's a "courtesy" and they aren't required to do that. I joined this bank because of their customer service, which they apparently lost since I joined. My father in law joined this bank and he's not been happy and I've just poo pood his complaints because I thought this was such a good bank. As soon as I get this mess straightened out, I'm going to close that account and the next time my father in law complains about the bank, I'm going to help him find another.

They took that woman's house away from her for $6 in unpaid property taxes, wonder what they'll do to me for the bounced check. Worse, they won't let me pay whatever I owe, it's still showing that it was "paid in full". So now, I'm going to have to pay even more penalties.

I don't understand this world. Do you know how much bounced check fees are now? $30. And I have to pay that for every time they bounced the checks.

Call the bank. Be rational and explain the situation. Long-time customer, etc. I bet they'll waive the fees. It's worth a shot.

I had a couple of overdrafts last month, called up, and talked my way out of one of them.

Call the bank. Be rational and explain the situation. Long-time customer, etc. I bet they'll waive the fees. It's worth a shot.

I had a couple of overdrafts last month, called up, and talked my way out of one of them.

I went in person, they waived 2 of the 6 fees. I will be closing my account as soon as I get this mess straightened out. I don't think it should be legal to charge more than 1 nsf on the same check.

You should have online access to your account and check it every other day or so. You would have seen that the check did not post.

You should have online access to your account and check it every other day or so. You would have seen that the check did not post.

This is an account I never use. I've had it for years, but stopped using it when I stopped working. Kept some money in the account anyway. It wouldn't be an issue if I hadn't grabbed the wrong checks. Still think they should have informed me they bounced the check.

Forum List

Back