The thing I feared the most about Direct Deposit all my life happened today and it shook me up

C'mon man. I think fbj is a youngster. I can remember a time when I truly lived paycheck to paycheck when I was young and from what I hear, the problem is worse today than when I was young. Give him a break.
It doesnt matter if I live check to check or not, even if I had $30,000 in the bank, I still want the money I work for

I experienced the same thing in the 70s before direct deposit. My employer didn't have money in the bank to cover our paychecks. I deposited mine only to get three checks returned from my utility companies. He was forced to make good on them and pay the overage charges, but from then on, I went to the bank manager to make sure my paycheck would clear. It never happened again.
Nice story

It doesnt matter if I live check to check or not, even if I had $30,000 in the bank, I still want the money I work for

But people with 30k in the bank do not panic when their check is an hour late being deposited into the bank.

They do not jump in their car and drive down and demand to know what happened.

The point is; as long as it's in the bank, you don't have your money, the bank does.

so I should put it under my mattresss
Your freezer, in a mason jar is a better idea. But the point is, if it's delayed in the digital ether, or locked behind someone else's door. YOU don't have your money just the same...

Your freezer, in a mason jar is a better idea. But the point is, if it's delayed in the digital ether, or locked behind someone else's door. YOU don't have your money just the same...
so where is your moneys

I checked my bank account this morning and my paycheck wasnt there. That has never happened in my life and I had a panic attack and had to leave work and rush to the bank. Turned out it was a Internet outage and it prevented the check from posting. So they had to manually put it in for it to show. I was shaking all morning not understanding what was going on. Checking your account and seeing that your check is not there on payday is a awful feeling
That's pretty rare but it does happen. It might be a problem because of delay but you won't lose any money. Transfers between banks are as secure as it gets. These banks are FIDIC insuranced and you will never lose a cent.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back