🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Think Carbon Dioxide is not a pollutant?

Oxygen could become a pollutant, if there was too much of it in the atmosphere.
Oxygen makes people happy. :lol:

Why Anthropogenic climate change is bogus:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuoP1c5Uimc"]The History behind the Climate Change Fraud 1/5 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfdqLZEEn-w"]The History behind the Climate Change Fraud 2/5 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZJUGoA5dFU"]The History behind the Climate Change Fraud 3/5 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://youtu.be/hvy5lsg9pCs"]The History behind the Climate Change Fraud 4/5 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://youtu.be/qOtru-qHSVY"]The History behind the Climate Change Fraud 5/5 - YouTube[/ame]

Isn't it amazing how much Christopher Monckton looks like a cross between Rodney Dangerfield and Marty Feldman.
Yeah. Isn't it wonderful how Lord Monckton goes after the truth, finds out what it is, and shares it so clearly and succinctly to demystify all the liars looking for handouts based on junk science. :eusa_angel:

Christopher Monckton is a complete and utter fool.

Surely at some point or another, you folks realize that the majority of the most well-known and outspoken AGW deniers aren't qualified to speak on the subject.

Yeah. Isn't it wonderful how Lord Monckton goes after the truth, finds out what it is, and shares it so clearly and succinctly to demystify all the liars looking for handouts based on junk science.

Yeah... yeah sure. But, seriously; Feldman and Dangerfield. He could be their son. Really.

And why do you call him "Lord"?
I'm not British, but in his nation, distinguished persons may be given the title of "Lord" for any number of reasons from distinction in public or educational matters, or inheritance from a distinguished family. It's THEIR country, not mine. I would not for example, clamor for the title of "Princess Prairie Flower" on account of one of my direct ancestors distinguishing himself in war (as did his grandson), 3 generations ago. We simply don't view life from the same perspectives on this side of the pond as to steal thunder from other generations, even if we're proud of them. ;)

Does my silly answer match your silly question? :lol:

No, that is incorrect. A lordship is a specific honorific that is given to members of the House of Lords. Monckton is not, and never has been, a member of the House of Lords.

That alone should tell you that the man is a complete doofus.

No, that is incorrect. A lordship is a specific honorific that is given to members of the House of Lords. Monckton is not, and never has been, a member of the House of Lords.

Perhaps he should be given a lordship. Because he's not afraid to say who's naughty about exaggerating the facts.

<giggle>​

CO2 Does not drive climate, never has.
It certainly doesn't, but the hot air being proffered around by the hot-headed handout crowd seems to bring them ill-gotten gains when they exaggerate, obfuscate, and escalate fraud-filled spiels to gain the green gold they get by making people feel like good Samaritans for following them. :rolleyes:

Our bud Abraham is constantly struggling to be at odds with the entire reference and science section of mankind's library..
I don't think the Oxford dictionary would screw up the various appelations of lordship...

lord: definition of lord in Oxford dictionary (British & World English)

a man of noble rank or high office; a nobleman: lords and ladies were entertained here&#8226;(Lord) (in the UK) a title given formally to a baron, and less formally to a marquess, earl, or viscount (prefixed to a family or territorial name):
Lord Derby

&#8226;(the Lords) (in the UK) the House of Lords, or its members collectively.
&#8226;(Lord) (in the UK) a courtesy title given to a younger son of a duke or marquess (prefixed to a Christian name):
Lord John Russell
&#8226;used in compound titles of other people of authority:
Lord High Executioner
&#8226;historical a feudal superior, especially the owner of a manor house.
&#8226;a master or ruler:
our lord the king
&#8226;(Lord) a name for God or Christ:
give thanks to the Lord

Being a politico is only one path to true lordship.. ((About 19 Pounds sterling will BUY you a lordship, but your friends will snicker. ))

And since Mockton is a genuinely a viscount -- lord of the descendency of his manor -- that prefix is legitimate if you like to or have to acknowledge that sort of thing..

Abe must have gotten this political ammo from one of his truly UNBIASED sources of info like skepticalrabidscience or the primadonnas at rationalewiki...

Last edited:

Our bud Abraham is constantly struggling to be at odds with the entire reference and science section of mankind's library..
I don't think the Oxford dictionary would screw up the various appelations of lordship...

lord: definition of lord in Oxford dictionary (British & World English)

a man of noble rank or high office; a nobleman: lords and ladies were entertained here•(Lord) (in the UK) a title given formally to a baron, and less formally to a marquess, earl, or viscount (prefixed to a family or territorial name):
Lord Derby

•(the Lords) (in the UK) the House of Lords, or its members collectively.
•(Lord) (in the UK) a courtesy title given to a younger son of a duke or marquess (prefixed to a Christian name):
Lord John Russell
•used in compound titles of other people of authority:
Lord High Executioner
•historical a feudal superior, especially the owner of a manor house.
•a master or ruler:
our lord the king
•(Lord) a name for God or Christ:
give thanks to the Lord

Being a politico is only one path to true lordship.. ((About 19 Pounds sterling will BUY you a lordship, but your friends will snicker. ))

And since Mockton is a genuinely a viscount -- lord of the descendency of his manor -- that prefix is legitimate if you like to or have to acknowledge that sort of thing..

Abe must have gotten this political ammo from one of his truly UNBIASED sources of info like skepticalrabidscience or the primadonnas at rationalewiki...

Moncton has a passport identifying him as a lord. This is even less an issue than Obama's birth certificate.

A lot of global warming deniers claim Carbon Dioxide is not a pollutant.

I've got an experiment I'd like them to try.

I really want them to try this.

Put your head in a plastic bag and seal it off.

See how long you can live in an atmosphere of Carbon dioxide.

Ummmm, yeah. I see you have about as much scientific knowledge as most of the idiots out there. I suggest you look at what the real results of your little stupid experiment are and then get back to us when you have a tad more knowledge than the average rodent.

By that standard water is a pollutant. Fuck, if I use that standard, a vacuum, which is the total absence of everything, is a pollutant.

If you knew anything about science you would know that oxygen is a poison.

Let's not take that route.

The "pollutant" argument is just semantic nonsense. An atmosphere of nitrogen or even O3 (ozone) is just as incapable of supporting life. That's not the point.

The point is that we can have too much (and too little) of a good thing. The GHGs in the atmosphere keep the Earth at a temperature comfortable for human life and all the other life that's evolved here. As has been noted, the biggest contributor to that is water vapor but CO2 and methane and a dozen other lesser compounds have their input into the process. And, of course, CO2 keeps the world's plants alive.

That our atmosphere contains some CO2 is not the result of a human choice. That it contains significantly more than it did prior to the industrial revolution IS. Unfortunately, for the most part of that period, we were ignorant of what the effect of that would be. Now we know better but, still, some folks don't want to act. They are afraid of losing the lifestyles to which they've become accustomed. And many don't like agreeing to act because they see it as a political surrender. The objections of others are religiously-based. And some are simply stupid.

AGW is quite real. It has not ended. It will hurt us all. We need to act. Those are true statements.

If all those statements are true you should have no problem giving exact numbers and detailed evidence that show how much an increase in carbon dioxide, which will result in longer growing seasons, more food production, and a substantial increase in arable land, will hurt us.

The most prominent element of our atmosphere is nitrogen. Limit yourself to nothing but a nitrogen atmosphere and see how long you can live.
Your premise is flawed and your experiment is idiotic. A tree would die if it had nothing but an oxygen atmosphere, does that mean oxygen is a pollutant?

You would die if you had a 100% oxygen atmosphere, which is why the OP is so stupid.

I'm giving you the link to wiki because that seems to be the limit of your understanding. Monckton is an "hereditary peer" in other words he inherited the title and the sobriquet of "Lord".
Not that you could ever understand something that complex....

Christopher Monckton, 3rd Viscount Monckton of Brenchley

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Page semi-protected

The Right Honourable
The Viscount Monckton of Brenchley
OStJ

photograph
In Washington, D.C. (January 2010)

Personal details

Born
14 February 1952 (age 61)

Political party
UK Independence Party

Spouse(s)
Juliet Mary Anne Malherbe Jensen

Relations
Rosa Monckton (sister), Timothy, Jonathan and Anthony (brothers)

Parents
Major-General Gilbert Monckton (deceased) and Marianna Letitia Bower

Alma mater
Churchill College, Cambridge
University College, Cardiff

Occupation
Politician, journalist

Religion
Roman Catholicism

Christopher Walter Monckton, 3rd Viscount Monckton of Brenchley, SMOM (born 14 February 1952) is a British public speaker[1] and hereditary peer. He is known for his work as a journalist, Conservative political advisor, UKIP political candidate and for his invention of the mathematical puzzle Eternity.[2]

Early on in his public speaking career topics centred on his mathematical puzzle and conservative politics.[1] In recent years his public speaking has garnered attention due to controversial views on climate change,[3][4][5][6] the European Union[7] and social policy.

Christopher Monckton, 3rd Viscount Monckton of Brenchley - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A more pertinent question is "Do you believe humans should not seek to limit the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere to earlier levels because "it is not a pollutatant" or because plants need it to survive?

Why is that a pertinent question?

Forum List

Back