Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Third World wants to FORCE rich countries to bail them out of natural disasters

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
As I've been saying for a while, the whole global warming ruse is nothing more than a front for global Marxism.

Developing countries have called for legally-binding rules that force rich countries to provide money when they are affected by extreme weather events such as Typhoon Haiyan.

Currently, wealthy nations such as Britain offer donations following a natural disaster.
But last night a group of nations came together to argue extreme events, such as droughts or typhoons, are becoming more frequent because of man-made global warming.

Developing countries want to FORCE rich countries to bail them out if they're hit by natural disasters | Mail Online

I'm not so sure it is a ruse. I'm not so sure it's real, either. What I am sure of is that the United States has for decades gone above and beyond the call when it comes to emissions and efficiencies. Russia, China, India? They've done little and could give a flying fuck.

That this group of nations attempt to establish such a thing is not evidence that global warming is a "front for global Marxism". However, your use of the term :global Marxism" IS evidence that you're a paranoid, right-wing nutjob. Not proof, mind you, but evidence.

I'm not so sure it is a ruse. I'm not so sure it's real, either. What I am sure of is that the United States has for decades gone above and beyond the call when it comes to emissions and efficiencies. Russia, China, India? They've done little and could give a flying fuck.

At present Russia, China, and India are the primary sources for the increasing amount of GHGs in the atmosphere. But we, the US and Europe, put most of what is presently there into the atmosphere.

Both Europe and the US have traditionally been the big givers in the case of major disasters in the third world nations. What should be happening is that the present military heavy lift bases be supported by all nations on a GDP basis, and that those bases be on ready statis for disasters wherever they occur. China needs to learn that if they expect respect as to their status as a major power, they have to act in a manner befitting a major power. $2 million is damned miserly in the face of the disaster in the Philippines.

We will be seeing more extreme weather disasters as the climate change accelerates, and not just in third world nations. When a disaster is big enough, all of us need help from our neighbors.

As I've been saying for a while, the whole global warming ruse is nothing more than a front for global Marxism.

Developing countries have called for legally-binding rules that force rich countries to provide money when they are affected by extreme weather events such as Typhoon Haiyan.

Currently, wealthy nations such as Britain offer donations following a natural disaster.
But last night a group of nations came together to argue extreme events, such as droughts or typhoons, are becoming more frequent because of man-made global warming.

Developing countries want to FORCE rich countries to bail them out if they're hit by natural disasters | Mail Online

And you can continue to state that. Doesn't change the fact that it is totally wrong. The physics of the absorption spectra of CO2, CH4, and NOx, to name the primary players, are drivers of the present rapid warming we are experiancing. Marxism, nor any other political philosophy, has nothing to do with the warming or it's effects.

The logic behind this argument is that the industrialized nation CREATED THE MESS, so bailing out those nonindustrialized nations sffering from anthotropic climate change is only fair.

That's the argument which you can buy into or not.

More people being affected by natural disasters...

Disasters ‘displace more people’
Thu, Sep 18, 2014 - CLIMATE CATASTROPHE: Increasing natural hazards are leaving more people vulnerable than conflicts do, and global efforts are needed to build resilience worldwide, experts say
Disasters last year displaced three times more people than violent conflicts, showing the urgent need to improve resilience for vulnerable people when fighting climate change, according to a study issued yesterday. The Norwegian Refugee Council, an independent group that focuses on emergency aid, released the findings ahead of a UN summit on Tuesday aimed at building momentum for a global agreement on climate change. The report said that 22 million people were displaced last year due to disasters brought on by natural hazards, nearly three times the number who were forced from their homes due to violence.

The problem has been worsening, with roughly twice as many people displaced around the world due to disasters now than in the 1970s, even as better forecasting and relief operations have reduced the number of deaths. “It’s a wake-up call, I think, to world leaders coming here — as bad as it is today, it would be dramatically worse unless much more is invested in resilience,” Norwegian Refugee Council Secretary-General Jan Egeland said. “We have to make people in the Philippines or Chad or in Haiti as resilient as we are in Norway or in many parts of the United States.” Egeland is a former UN emergency relief coordinator who played a high-profile role drumming up international support after the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami. He cited the experience as a model, saying that the more than US$13 billion that poured in after the tsunami went not only for reconstruction, but also built up resilience for future disasters.

Such an effort needs to happen on a global scale as “we need to get people out of this vicious cycle of being vulnerable and therefore being hit very hard again,” he said. UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has called Tuesday’s summit to mobilize world leaders before next year’s conference in Paris that is meant to draft a new global agreement on climate change. The Norwegian study pointed to findings of a UN-led scientific panel, the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, which has said that human activity is contributing to the greater frequency and intensity of disasters around the planet. However, the report said that a sharp rise in urbanization and bad planning were also factors in explaining the steep rise in disaster displacement. “We are not saying here that it’s climate change that has explained the increase. It’s just as much, or more, population growth and urbanization, bad planning and more exposure to the elements,” Egeland said.

More than 80 percent of the people displaced by natural disasters last year were in Asia, the report found. The Philippines suffered the two most disruptive disasters last year, with Typhoon Haiyan — also known as Yolanda — and Typhoon Trami together displacing 5.8 million people. Relative to population size, eight of the 20 most disruptive natural disasters were in sub-Saharan Africa. The study warned of growing risks to Africa as the continent experiences higher population growth than other regions. Wealthy nations were not immune, with a typhoon in Japan’s Chubu region, tornadoes in the US and floods in the Canadian province of Alberta together displacing nearly 600,000 people. The study also warned of growing risks of natural disasters hitting nations that are also in conflict. It pointed to the 2010 floods that swamped Pakistan as an example of a disaster hitting a fragile state.

Disasters displace more people - Taipei Times

I've heard that Republicans want disaster victims to PAY to be rescued right here in this country.

The OP is spot on......only the hopelessly fail to realize it.

The UN is at the heart of this crap........a corrupt and fraudulent entity.:Boom2:

So when I'm under several feet of snow during a blizzard in Manitoba and the temperatures drop to colder temps than the surface of Mars can I demand that resorts in Fiji or Tahiti give me a place to stay till spring?

Is this a two way street? If so, I might go along with this shit. I could become a real quick believer in AGW if I could get some in January.

:lol:

So when I'm under several feet of snow during a blizzard in Manitoba and the temperatures drop to colder temps than the surface of Mars can I demand that resorts in Fiji or Tahiti give me a place to stay till spring?

Is this a two way street? If so, I might go along with this shit. I could become a real quick believer in AGW if I could get some in January.

:lol:

And you are a stupid little ass. You choose to live in Manitoba. You have to have known several feet of snow in the winter was the norm. The people of the islands did not have a rising sea to contend with until the industrial nations increased the amount of the GHGs in the atmosphere. The increase in the ferocity of typhoons is also a result of that increase.

The industrial nations actions have created problems for these third world nations. That you are simply too self centered and immoral to admit to this is your problem, not that of more intelligent people.

Forum List

Back