🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

This is a nice "screw you" from the SC General Assembly..... and not racist at all!

Quit watching msnbc stupid fuck and learn

Learn from where? What's your source for "learnin"

Not every gun owner is a racist white supremacist.

But every racist white supremacist is a gun owner!

Including the perpetrator of this latest atrocity committed in the name of racist white supremacy.

The SC legislature should have removed the confederate flag for at least 9 days while they pass legislation to get rid of it entirely IMO.

This is an abomination:

150619-south-carolina-confederate-flag-mn-0740_d123d921cd7d59cc1aa7cb092a610174.nbcnews-ux-600-480.jpg

And it is still flying at full-mast at the capitol in South Carolina. Puke.

South Carolina s Confederate Flag Not Lowered to Half-Staff After Massacre - NBC News

In solemn tribute to the nine people gunned down at a Charleston church, two flags atop the statehouse in Columbia, South Carolina, were lowered to half-staff on Thursday. They will stay there for nine days in honor of each victim.

But in a bewildering display, a Confederate flag on statehouse grounds is still flying high. It wasn't an oversight. It's because of state law.

South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley has jurisdiction over how and when state flags fly — but the Confederate flag is under the authority of the state's General Assembly, lawmakers told NBC News. It can't be changed in any way without a sign-off from the General Assembly.

The flag — as well as other historically named icons and places — is legally protected under the 2000 South Carolina Heritage Act. The rebel banner continues to draw criticism from South Carolinians who say it keeps the symbol of slavery and the Civil War alive.

South Carolina General Assembly:

South Carolina General Assembly - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

House: R78 / D 46
Senate: R28 / D 18

Republican hypermajorities in both Houses of the SC General Assembly.

Way to go, RW racists!! Well done!!!

:thup:

Discuss. Have racists won, here?

I say: yes, they have.
your tampon leaking bitch? Its on private land, dumb fuck

The Statehouse in SC is NOT private land. It is public land. Hint: the word "State" in "Statehouse" should be a big clue for you, l'il slugger.
that land where those stars and bars sits is FUCKING PRIVATE LAND

I know the history of it...

This is an abomination:

150619-south-carolina-confederate-flag-mn-0740_d123d921cd7d59cc1aa7cb092a610174.nbcnews-ux-600-480.jpg

South Carolina s Confederate Flag Not Lowered to Half-Staff After Massacre - NBC News

In solemn tribute to the nine people gunned down at a Charleston church, two flags atop the statehouse in Columbia, South Carolina, were lowered to half-staff on Thursday. They will stay there for nine days in honor of each victim.

But in a bewildering display, a Confederate flag on statehouse grounds is still flying high. It wasn't an oversight. It's because of state law.

South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley has jurisdiction over how and when state flags fly — but the Confederate flag is under the authority of the state's General Assembly, lawmakers told NBC News. It can't be changed in any way without a sign-off from the General Assembly.

The flag — as well as other historically named icons and places — is legally protected under the 2000 South Carolina Heritage Act. The rebel banner continues to draw criticism from South Carolinians who say it keeps the symbol of slavery and the Civil War alive.

The Statehouse in SC is NOT private land. It is public land. Hint: the word "State" in "Statehouse" should be a big clue for you, l'il slugger.
I get such a kick out of people whining that it's not at half mast, when there are only two choices.

Up, or down.

No in between

Uhm, no.

Half-mast is definitely an option.

"The flag is part of a Confederate War Memorial, and is not on a pulley system, so it cannot be lowered, only removed,” Raycom Media reporter Will Wilson tweeted."

Why South Carolina s Confederate flag isn t at half-staff after church shooting - The Washington Post

Ahhh, so the method of flying that specific flag is just as antiquated and useless as the flag itself.

Well, in that case, they should just take it down. But of course, they won't.

Not til they vote on it again.

They voted to take off the statehouse, and moved it to a memorial.

"
The law that moved the flag was quite detailed: The flag could not fly from the capitol dome, but had to appear at a memorial near the dome and could appear in legislators’ offices. Legislators even specified the type of flag, its placement, and the dimensions of its display.

“This flag must be flown on a flagpole located at a point on the south side of the Confederate Soldier Monument, centered on the monument, ten feet from the base of the monument at a height of thirty feet,” it read. “The flagpole on which the flag is flown and the area adjacent to the monument and flagpole must be illuminated at night and an appropriate decorative iron fence must be erected around the flagpole.”

Which you would have known, if you had bothered to take a look at the link I posted.

Quit watching msnbc stupid fuck and learn

Learn from where? What's your source for "learnin"

Not every gun owner is a racist white supremacist.

But every racist white supremacist is a gun owner!

Including the perpetrator of this latest atrocity committed in the name of racist white supremacy.

The SC legislature should have removed the confederate flag for at least 9 days while they pass legislation to get rid of it entirely IMO.

This is an abomination:

that land where those stars and bars sits is FUCKING PRIVATE LAND

I know the history of it...

No. you are a liar.

The Confederate Monument is ON THE GROUNDS of the South Carolina Statehouse, on the North Side. The Statehouse and all of it's land are PUBLIC property.

South Carolina State House - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Take it down for a week for pity sake. The shooter openly displayed that very flag. Might as well hoist the apartheid flag right alongside.

Doesn't matter to me if they take it down, or leave it up.

If SCOTUS can decide it's OK to burn the US flag, I don't see flying any flag to be a problem.

Nine people murdered and the outrage is over how high one flag is flying wow.

This is an abomination:

I get such a kick out of people whining that it's not at half mast, when there are only two choices.

Up, or down.

No in between

Uhm, no.

Half-mast is definitely an option.

"The flag is part of a Confederate War Memorial, and is not on a pulley system, so it cannot be lowered, only removed,” Raycom Media reporter Will Wilson tweeted."

Why South Carolina s Confederate flag isn t at half-staff after church shooting - The Washington Post

Ahhh, so the method of flying that specific flag is just as antiquated and useless as the flag itself.

Well, in that case, they should just take it down. But of course, they won't.

Not til they vote on it again.

They voted to take off the statehouse, and moved it to a memorial.

"
The law that moved the flag was quite detailed: The flag could not fly from the capitol dome, but had to appear at a memorial near the dome and could appear in legislators’ offices. Legislators even specified the type of flag, its placement, and the dimensions of its display.

“This flag must be flown on a flagpole located at a point on the south side of the Confederate Soldier Monument, centered on the monument, ten feet from the base of the monument at a height of thirty feet,” it read. “The flagpole on which the flag is flown and the area adjacent to the monument and flagpole must be illuminated at night and an appropriate decorative iron fence must be erected around the flagpole.”

Which you would have known, if you had bothered to take a look at the link I posted.

I read the entire WAPO article, thank you very much.

Take it down for a week for pity sake. The shooter openly displayed that very flag. Might as well hoist the apartheid flag right alongside.

If SCOTUS can decide it's OK to burn the US flag, I don't see flying any flag to be a problem.

It's okay for a private citizen to do those things. This flies on taxpayer owned government land.

It's okay for a private citizen to do those things. This flies on taxpayer owned government land.

As part of a memorial.

Take it up with the SC General Assembly.

They ok'ed it, they moved it to current position.

As part of a memorial.

Yes, I know. I'm expressing my opinion that they should vote to take it down. This is an opinion board.

It is a problem for a lot of people because it's a symbol of racism. Someone should take that flag down and burn it.

This is an abomination:

It is going to be a real uncomfortable summer for the neo confederates next door in S.C.

State and National flags should not be lowered for such events. Regardless of the race of the victims.

As part of a memorial.

Yes, I know. I'm expressing my opinion that they should vote to take it down. This is an opinion board.

Yes

It's an opinion board.

and in my opinion, if assholes can get away with burning the US flag

other assholes can keep the stars and bars flying over a memorial.

After all, "It's just a piece of cloth".

Moral Monday movement spreads through the South

Moral Monday movement spreads through the South

I predict there will be a lot of non violent acts of civil disobedience in SC as was in NC . I was in the first group arrested in 2013 over a thousand were arrested that summer and then all charges dropped

I think the reaction by the neo confederates in South Carolina will be much more violent .

Forum List

Back