🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

This is a nice "screw you" from the SC General Assembly..... and not racist at all!

But whatever you do: don't accuse the left/dems of DANCING on people graves FOR their political agendas OF HATE and tearing us apart.
sick sick sick low low low

"It's just a symbol...."

Its a symbol of terrorism.

Just like this one.

isis-flag-meaning-cover.jpg

Take it down for a week for pity sake. The shooter openly displayed that very flag. Might as well hoist the apartheid flag right alongside.

Doesn't matter to me if they take it down, or leave it up.

If SCOTUS can decide it's OK to burn the US flag, I don't see flying any flag to be a problem.

It's okay for a private citizen to do those things. This flies on taxpayer owned government land.

As part of a memorial.

Take it up with the SC General Assembly.

They ok'ed it, they moved it to current position.

Yes, I know. I'm expressing my opinion that they should vote to take it down. This is an opinion board.

Yes

It's an opinion board.

and in my opinion, if assholes can get away with burning the US flag

other assholes can keep the stars and bars flying over a memorial.

After all, "It's just a piece of cloth".

Another RW against the US Constitution.

Doesn't matter to me if they take it down, or leave it up.

If SCOTUS can decide it's OK to burn the US flag, I don't see flying any flag to be a problem.

It's okay for a private citizen to do those things. This flies on taxpayer owned government land.

As part of a memorial.

Yes, I know. I'm expressing my opinion that they should vote to take it down. This is an opinion board.

Yes

It's an opinion board.

Against the Constitution?

As part of a memorial.

Yes

It's an opinion board.

Wasn't it you who wrote "...if assholes can get away with burning the US flag..."?

I'll bet you don't understand why this is statement is unconstitutional:

11350410_1588257464795960_3775425560778835858_n_zpsfeffdmyu.jpg

As part of a memorial.

Yes

It's an opinion board.

Wasn't it you who wrote "...if assholes can get away with burning the US flag..."?

Going with the "Freedom of Speech" line?

Burn a flag, Freedom of Speech,

Burn the Capitol building, arson.

What burns my ass, is I spent 20 years defending your right to be an asshole.

Yes

It's an opinion board.

There is one thing that sets the US apart from every other country on the planet - our First Amendment. Some fools call it a "god given right" but, in point of fact, many have given their lives for it. If you call that a "line", you're very ignorant of the power it has as well as our responsibility to continue to fight for the freedoms it gives us.

One of the ways we fight for those freedoms by constantly testing them. Whether is some kkk slime, Westboro, blacks protesting police brutality, a silly ass shock jock, Hustler magazine (because, in his wacko way, he fought so hard for 1st Amendment rights for all Americans, not because its the worst), you being the asshole you're accusing me of being - all of those things and more are tests that every one of us needs to fight for.

OTOH, if its true you served in the US military, you took an oath to "...support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

The "confederate" flag is a symbol of domestic terrorism.

And the US flag is a very important symbol of the Constitution you swore to "support and defend".

Last edited:
This is an abomination:

150619-south-carolina-confederate-flag-mn-0740_d123d921cd7d59cc1aa7cb092a610174.nbcnews-ux-600-480.jpg

And it is still flying at full-mast at the capitol in South Carolina. Puke.

South Carolina s Confederate Flag Not Lowered to Half-Staff After Massacre - NBC News

In solemn tribute to the nine people gunned down at a Charleston church, two flags atop the statehouse in Columbia, South Carolina, were lowered to half-staff on Thursday. They will stay there for nine days in honor of each victim.

But in a bewildering display, a Confederate flag on statehouse grounds is still flying high. It wasn't an oversight. It's because of state law.

South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley has jurisdiction over how and when state flags fly — but the Confederate flag is under the authority of the state's General Assembly, lawmakers told NBC News. It can't be changed in any way without a sign-off from the General Assembly.

The flag — as well as other historically named icons and places — is legally protected under the 2000 South Carolina Heritage Act. The rebel banner continues to draw criticism from South Carolinians who say it keeps the symbol of slavery and the Civil War alive.

South Carolina General Assembly:

South Carolina General Assembly - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

House: R78 / D 46
Senate: R28 / D 18

Republican hypermajorities in both Houses of the SC General Assembly.

Way to go, RW racists!! Well done!!!

:thup:

Discuss. Have racists won, here?

I say: yes, they have.

I think if it pisses someone off then it is worth it. I might just buy a confederate flag right now.

Yes

It's an opinion board.

Ok

Yes

It's an opinion board.

There is one thing that sets the US apart from every other country on the planet - our First Amendment. Some fools call it a "god given right" but, in point of fact, many have given their lives for it. If you call that a "line", you're very ignorant of the power it has as well as our responsibility to continue to fight for the freedoms it gives us.

One of the ways we fight for those freedoms by constantly testing them. Whether is some kkk slime, Westboro, blacks protesting police brutality, a silly ass shock jock, Hustler magazine (because, in his wacko way, he fought so hard for 1st Amendment rights for all Americans, not because its the worst), you being the asshole you're accusing me of being - all of those things and more are tests that every one of us needs to fight for.

OTOH, if its true you served in the US military, you took an oath to "...support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

The "confederate flag" is a symbol of domestic terrorism.

And the US flag is a very important symbol of the Constitution you swore to "support and defend".

"The "confederate flag" is a symbol of domestic terrorism."

Terrorism?

LOL

"And the US flag is a very important symbol of the Constitution you swore to "support and defend"."

Indeed, which is why the thought of it being walked on, and burned, is so offensive.

The "confederate flag" is a symbol of domestic terrorism.

"The "confederate flag" is a symbol of domestic terrorism."

Terrorism?

LOL

"And the US flag is a very important symbol of the Constitution you swore to "support and defend"."

Indeed, which is why the thought of it being walked on, and burned, is so offensive.

Yes, the confederate flag (which isn't, btw) is indeed a symbol used by domestic terrorists such as the kkk, white supremacists, aryan nations, yadda yadda.

Just like these are terrorist's flags:

nazi-swastika-creed-patch-1a9d.jpg

ISISflag%20copy.jpg

And its fine if you want to be "offended". Rather silly, but certainly your right.

Doesn't mean you get to use your feelings to deny First Amendment rights to Americans.

This is an abomination:

150619-south-carolina-confederate-flag-mn-0740_d123d921cd7d59cc1aa7cb092a610174.nbcnews-ux-600-480.jpg

South Carolina s Confederate Flag Not Lowered to Half-Staff After Massacre - NBC News

In solemn tribute to the nine people gunned down at a Charleston church, two flags atop the statehouse in Columbia, South Carolina, were lowered to half-staff on Thursday. They will stay there for nine days in honor of each victim.

But in a bewildering display, a Confederate flag on statehouse grounds is still flying high. It wasn't an oversight. It's because of state law.

South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley has jurisdiction over how and when state flags fly — but the Confederate flag is under the authority of the state's General Assembly, lawmakers told NBC News. It can't be changed in any way without a sign-off from the General Assembly.

The flag — as well as other historically named icons and places — is legally protected under the 2000 South Carolina Heritage Act. The rebel banner continues to draw criticism from South Carolinians who say it keeps the symbol of slavery and the Civil War alive.

I think if it pisses someone off then it is worth it. I might just buy a confederate flag right now.

Indeed, you should. That will be 20 dollars less to give to a GOP presidential candidate. I'm cool with that.

This is an abomination:

SuperDemocrat

"I'm thinking ..."

Not you're not.

But, not surprised that you would buy a "confederate" flag just to piss off people cuz you sure as hell can't think for yourself.

If you do buy it, put it next to your ISIL flag - one terrorist is the same as the next.

I get such a kick out of people whining that it's not at half mast, when there are only two choices.

Up, or down.

No in between

Well, it appears to be up........unless you're blind.

Indeed it is.

and it takes a vote of the State Assembly to take it down.

Have they voted on it?

It won't matter, it appears that those in charge in SC are brain dead.....they'll continue to root for the losers.....:D

This is an abomination:

your tampon leaking bitch? Its on private land, dumb fuck

The Statehouse in SC is NOT private land. It is public land. Hint: the word "State" in "Statehouse" should be a big clue for you, l'il slugger.

What do you expect from bigoted morons.....most of them probably don't even realize they're racists...."because they know someone that is black"!

Its more than revealing that they have to lock the con-federate flag in place.

No one has ever had to lock the American flag in place.

Easy to see reality except for the KKK in the South Carolina legislature.

This is an abomination:

SuperDemocrat

"I'm thinking ..."

Not you're not.

But, not surprised that you would buy a "confederate" flag just to piss off people cuz you sure as hell can't think for yourself.

If you do buy it, put it next to your ISIL flag - one terrorist is the same as the next.

I didn't know the Dukes of hazards were terrorist.

Forum List

Back