This Is Not The Party Of Reagan

BertramN

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2016

How many times have we heard the few, less militant conservatives say “This is not the party of Reagan” when referring to the current GOP? Well, they are wrong.

Ronald Reagan set the course that led the Republican Party to its current state. It was Reagan that declared the federal government to be untrustworthy. It was Reagan that proclaimed the poor to be “welfare queens”. It was Ronny that told the public that the elderly did not deserve Social Security and Medicare, and that both programs put an unnecessary burden on taxpayers. The list goes on and on.

No, Reagan was the architect of today’s Republican Party. But like all unpleasant truths, Republicans are in denial of this fact.

Former GOP rep: Republican convention 'almost like a lynching'

No shit,,,

Reagan supported infrastructure, science, r&d and education ;) Reagan did support capitalism but I couldn't name one president in the history of this country that didn't.

I love capitalism but that doesn't mean that we go back to 1790.

Reagan also supported amnesty for 3 million illegals
The international space station
Advance tech
Increasing taxes

The modern republican party is nothing like Reagan.

I can't say I would ever compare Reagan to Trump. But what I will say is that this is the first Republican nominee that has the guts to say what's really going on since Reagan.

A few months ago my father and I were working on one of my apartments. Like my father, I'm really into politics. He's old now and pretty much liberal in many ways. However he loves Trump and talks about him all the time.

I brought up the situation of Russia buzzing our ships. So I asked my father, if Trump were President today, do you think Russia would have ever pulled a stunt like that? We both bust out laughing.

Trump is a scary fellow, and that's exactly the kind of leadership we need today. The current wimp is somebody our foes don't fear and even laugh at. He handed over Iraq to ISIS: a country we spent years trying to straighten out, he traded five of our top terrorists in captivity for some lowly American deserter, and he just gave the world sponsor or terrorism 400 million dollars.

Love him or hate him, one has to ask, would Trump have done any of those things if he were President the last 8 years????

How many times have we heard the few, less militant conservatives say “This is not the party of Reagan” when referring to the current GOP? Well, they are wrong.

Ronald Reagan set the course that led the Republican Party to its current state. It was Reagan that declared the federal government to be untrustworthy. It was Reagan that proclaimed the poor to be “welfare queens”. It was Ronny that told the public that the elderly did not deserve Social Security and Medicare, and that both programs put an unnecessary burden on taxpayers. The list goes on and on.

No, Reagan was the architect of today’s Republican Party. But like all unpleasant truths, Republicans are in denial of this fact.

Former GOP rep: Republican convention 'almost like a lynching'

No shit,,,

Reagan supported infrastructure, science, r&d and education ;) Reagan did support capitalism but I couldn't name one president in the history of this country that didn't.

I love capitalism but that doesn't mean that we go back to 1790.

Reagan also supported amnesty for 3 million illegals
The international space station
Advance tech
Increasing taxes

The modern republican party is nothing like Reagan.
Which is pretty pathetic, as Reagan was no prize.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Forum List

Back