This is the day I finally went insane with the lock down

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
I have a job with the Small Business Administration, but they have not yet sent out the computer and cell phone, so I can't work. They are not paying us for these days of forced idleness, but they want us to remain available on the off chance they finally do get around to sending us the laptop and cellphone. It is quite irritating working for the government I've discovered! Meanwhile, no one is getting their loan processed.

In the meantime, I have an application pending with a lawfirm, but he tells me he won't be hiring me on until early May. He says he understands if I take an other opportunity before then, but in these days of COVID-19, what are the chances another opportunity will present itself?

I'm bored and it's finally making me go insane...

You should find out what your states laws say about being on call. If they have to pay you for being on call then you can get some money.

You should be eligible for unemployment, and they have added an additional $600 per week, some people are making more money on unemployment than they were working full time. I would be in no rush to get back to work were I on unemployment, but I still work every day.

I have a job with the Small Business Administration, but they have not yet sent out the computer and cell phone, so I can't work. They are not paying us for these days of forced idleness, but they want us to remain available on the off chance they finally do get around to sending us the laptop and cellphone. It is quite irritating working for the government I've discovered! Meanwhile, no one is getting their loan processed.

In the meantime, I have an application pending with a lawfirm, but he tells me he won't be hiring me on until early May. He says he understands if I take an other opportunity before then, but in these days of COVID-19, what are the chances another opportunity will present itself?

I've read many of your posts. You were insane long before now.

Can you weld ? I'll hire you but you need t bring your own PPE, grinders, levels, squares, tapes,basic hand tools........
UMMM Bring your own laptop and cell too.
$7/hr to start. Review in 3 months.

Can you weld ? I'll hire you but you need t bring your own PPE, grinders, levels, squares, tapes,basic hand tools........

Damn ---- What would I do with all that money?

You'd figure out how to make it work.......
$250 rent. Free health care. $20 electric. Silence, peace, no ac, no heat, plentiful food.....
DSC_0799.JPG

$250 rent. Free health care. $20 electric. Silence, peace, no ac, no heat, plentiful food.....
DSC_0799.JPG
Rum? I don't see any rum.

Well, look at the bright side. At least you're NOT a liberal......

DSC_0799.JPG
It DOES look kind of cozy......

Forum List

Back