Would Dems have nominated Harris in an actual Primary?

Not doing a poll. Just thought it would be an interesting discussion. I suspect they would not have nominated her. I'd like to think they would have nominated someone with broad appeal who could win independent and never-Trump Republicans votes. But the two-party shitshow doesn't really want candidates with broad appeal, so who knows.

What do you think?
Hell no. She is categorically unlikeable and lousy campaign timber.

Trump did not participate in a primary. Would he have won if he had actually debated Haley?
That's also a good question. I suspect not, but Trumpsters aren't exactly a discerning debate audience.
You guys can try this all you want, but Harris was on the ticket with Biden,. By the rules she gets his votes.
Maybe. I've read otherwise. Sounds to me like Biden was just the fall guy to get her nominated. That's why they sacrificed him in the debate debacle. They had to have known he would crash and burn.
And she's about to win the presidency because Americans have shown that they do not want some old ass man to be president. The majority of Americans did not want and was not going to vote in a Trump-Biden rematch. You right wingers kept demanding that Democrats get rid of Biden.
I'm not a 'right winger'. I wanted them to dump Biden in hopes they'd nominate a Dem I could actually vote for. But they had other plans
The leson is going to be yours. The people are supporting Harris. Democrats who could run against Harris are not doing so.
I suspect they're just throwing in the towel on this cycle and eyeing 2028.
So you republicans can take your disingenuous whining and stick it. Trump has to now run against a younger candidate and all the usual attacks are not going to get you anything but defeat. We all heard the crazy coming out of his mouth at the convention. I do not think Americans will be electing a 78 year old convicted felon whose mind is gone.
I think they will. They'll vote for the orange jackass regardless. Because they are that fed up with Democrats, and Harris won't address their complaints. Dems can't seem to get this through their heads, but people have had enough of their nonsense.

I wonder how long it will take before Democrat leadership are blaming Republicans for their force feeding Kamala as a Republican choice.🤔

Not doing a poll. Just thought it would be an interesting discussion. I suspect they would not have nominated her. I'd like to think they would have nominated someone with broad appeal who could win independent and never-Trump Republicans votes. But the two-party shitshow doesn't really want candidates with broad appeal, so who knows.

What do you think?
I can't think of any alternative candidate who would be able to garner the support of so many of those alternatives so readily, while energizing a racially-diverse and younger electorate, and attracting financial support.

The ill-considered choice of the hillbilly elegist by the sexual abuser/business fraud/convicted felon guarantees Harris the votes of most women. I expect that Harris will choose her running mate far more judiciously.

I can't think of any alternative candidate who would be able to garner the support of so many of those alternatives so readily, while energizing a racially-diverse and younger electorate, and attracting financial support.

The ill-considered choice of the hillbilly elegist by the sexual abuser/business fraud/convicted felon guarantees Harris the votes of most women. I expect that Harris will choose her running mate far more judiciously.
Do you think she would have won if Biden had not run for a second term? Via the usual primary process?

Last edited:
It's literally a coronation, and makes you wonder if this was the plan all along.
I think it was. But that's obviously pure speculation. I think it was a mistake, regardless. Unless they've just given up, and figure letting her lose will keep her out of the 2028 primaries.

That's also a good question. I suspect not, but Trumpsters aren't exactly a discerning debate audience.

Maybe. I've read otherwise. Sounds to me like Biden was just the fall guy to get her nominated. That's why they sacrificed him in the debate debacle. They had to have known he would crash and burn.

I'm not a 'right winger'. I wanted them to dump Biden in hopes they'd nominate a Dem I could actually vote for. But they had other plans

I suspect they're just throwing in the towel on this cycle and eyeing 2028.

I think they will. They'll vote for the orange jackass regardless. Because they are that fed up with Democrats, and Harris won't address their complaints. Dems can't seem to get this through their heads, but people have had enough of their nonsense.
Biden was no fall guy. He was going to stay in and I bet had he not contracted COVID he'd still be running. Harris is the best choice for this time. And I get real tired of people calling common sense priorities far left. There is no democrat out there who would have beat Harris in a primary if she had run in a Democratic party. This ain't 2019, and Harris has been VP. She is a better candidate now than then. The people who are going to vote for a convict are voting for a chance at returning America to whites only. No candidate that presents anything different has a chance at the MAGA vote. It's time white grievance died because Whites have consistently voted for candidates who moved the jobs from the rust belt out of this country; and they fell for the race hustle that told them how non whites were taking their jobs away. It's time these whites dropped the fake white grievance and wake the fuck up.

Better or worse?
Better. You will see.
Reality is a harsh mistress and the reality is Harris would have never gotten the nod
Noone would have beat Harris in a primary. Reality tells us that Trump would have gotten destroyed by Haley in debates. There was no republican primary. So you guys can spin and gaslight all you want but that is the reality here.

No one serious would vote for Harris for anything serious. If Trump loses, it is due to voting against him, not for very much.
Sentimental attachment because of gender (she is defined by everyone as a woman) or skin color or that the poor old President had to quit doesn't serve the country well. Competence is what's needed. The duopoly has seen to it that this is not on offer from either of its candidates.

Better. You will see.

Noone would have beat Harris in a primary. Reality tells us that Trump would have gotten destroyed by Haley in debates. There was no republican primary. So you guys can spin and gaslight all you want but that is the reality here.

A turnip would have beat her. I mean she did soooo well in the 2020 primary

Better. You will see.

Then, why don't the Democrats run Noone?

Forum List

Back