This is why we need a living wage

So you have no problem subsidizing businesses with our tax dollars? Bet you cry like heck when it comes to a single mom on welfare though....

The persistent democrat lie...

We don't subsidize businesses - that's just a lie you tell on behalf of your union.

You of the left demanded that 50% of the population be given taxpayer fund - not Walmart - but democrats.

Except it's not enough to pay for a place to live and food to eat.

When you go to the store, do you demand that prices be raised, because the tomato you bought doesn't cost enough to support a family of 5 for a week?

When Walmart or anyone else hires a person, they are purchasing a service, nothing more. They are not adopting a child to care for, they are purchasing the labor of a person at a mutually agreed upon price.

Look, your Union bosses have stolen everything they can from the public sector - you need to rob Walmart to pay for the outrageous benefits that the welfare rats known as government workers get - I understand. Walmart has money and you want it - there are unfunded pensions for government welfare rats that need to be paid for..

If it's enough to pay the rent in a shithole and put rice and beans on the table it's enough to live on. You dont need a car,cell phone,TV or any other luxury item.

You can rent a cheesy all bills paid apartment in Houston for 650.00 a month.
So yeah you can live on min wage.

Si, but how do you feed your 35 niños?

¿Qué pasa con los niños?

When you go to the store, do you demand that prices be raised, because the tomato you bought doesn't cost enough to support a family of 5 for a week?

When Walmart or anyone else hires a person, they are purchasing a service, nothing more. They are not adopting a child to care for, they are purchasing the labor of a person at a mutually agreed upon price.

Look, your Union bosses have stolen everything they can from the public sector - you need to rob Walmart to pay for the outrageous benefits that the welfare rats known as government workers get - I understand. Walmart has money and you want it - there are unfunded pensions for government welfare rats that need to be paid for..

Bulcrap. Walmart is stealing our money in the form of welfare to their workers. I would rather pay for it upfront in the cost of their merchandise.

Bulcrap. Walmart is stealing our money in the form of welfare to their workers. I would rather pay for it upfront in the cost of their merchandise.

Walmart gets welfare?

Nope, that is a deliberate falsehood by your Union. You in the public sector are essentially on welfare, you do jobs no one cares about or would pay for out their own pockets. You retire at 50 with outrageous pensions that no actual worker ever gets - then you want to steal from Walmart, to stuff into your own pockets. That's the truth of it.

Walmart gets welfare?

Nope, that is a deliberate falsehood by your Union. You in the public sector are essentially on welfare, you do jobs no one cares about or would pay for out their own pockets. You retire at 50 with outrageous pensions that no actual worker ever gets - then you want to steal from Walmart, to stuff into your own pockets. That's the truth of it.

Again, bulcrap. First of all I'm not a liberal. Second of all, it's true, Walmart pays it's workers so little they qualify for welfare, that means we the taxpayer are subsidizing them. Like I said, I'd rather pay it upfront in the prices on their merchandize. You, apparently, want it hidden so you can think low wage workers are lazy and stupid.

Walmart gets welfare?

Again, bulcrap. First of all I'm not a liberal. Second of all, it's true, Walmart pays it's workers so little they qualify for welfare, that means we the taxpayer are subsidizing them. Like I said, I'd rather pay it upfront in the prices on their merchandize. You, apparently, want it hidden so you can think low wage workers are lazy and stupid.

Do you think its better to be paid more than you are worth? The reason I ask is I think just the opposite. I would rather there be an incentive for people to get off welfare and better themselves. I'd rather pay on the back end. Either way we are going to pay. I just would like the effect of having more people better themselves.

Again, bulcrap.

It's all true, and you know it.

First of all I'm not a liberal. Second of all, it's true, Walmart pays it's workers so little they qualify for welfare, that means we the taxpayer are subsidizing them.

False - a deliberate lie by your union. Walmart offers many entry positions, which means they employ those who are on welfare. Your union claims that if these people were not given jobs by Walmart - somehow magically, they wouldn't be on assistance. Of course that's a lie - as you know. In fact, the amounts these people would collect with be far greater, if they were not employed.

But the REAL issue is that Obama now gives Welfare to anyone making less than $52K per year. A Quick Guide to SNAP Eligibility and Benefits ? Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

About 50% of the nation is on some sort of aid - and that isn't even counting the leaches who "work" for government," sucking the lifeblood out of the taxpayers.

Like I said, I'd rather pay it upfront in the prices on their merchandize. You, apparently, want it hidden so you can think low wage workers are lazy and stupid.

You'd rather rob Walmart to pay for your own pension - which is what Unions are attempting to do. This whole campaign of lies is designed to force Walmart into the corrupt monopoly union, where they can be raped and pillaged to fill the unfunded pension chests of millions of government workers (welfare bums.)

Again, bulcrap.

First of all I'm not a liberal. Second of all, it's true, Walmart pays it's workers so little they qualify for welfare, that means we the taxpayer are subsidizing them.

False - a deliberate lie by your union. Walmart offers many entry positions, which means they employ those who are on welfare. Your union claims that if these people were not given jobs by Walmart - somehow magically, they wouldn't be on assistance. Of course that's a lie - as you know. In fact, the amounts these people would collect with be far greater, if they were not employed.

But the REAL issue is that Obama now gives Welfare to anyone making less than $52K per year. A Quick Guide to SNAP Eligibility and Benefits ? Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

About 50% of the nation is on some sort of aid - and that isn't even counting the leaches who "work" for government," sucking the lifeblood out of the taxpayers.

Like I said, I'd rather pay it upfront in the prices on their merchandize. You, apparently, want it hidden so you can think low wage workers are lazy and stupid.

You'd rather rob Walmart to pay for your own pension - which is what Unions are attempting to do. This whole campaign of lies is designed to force Walmart into the corrupt monopoly union, where they can be raped and pillaged to fill the unfunded pension chests of millions of government workers (welfare bums.)

Yeah, paying more for their goods so they can pay their employees a descent wage is "robbing" them.

Walmart gets welfare?

Do you think its better to be paid more than you are worth? The reason I ask is I think just the opposite. I would rather there be an incentive for people to get off welfare and better themselves. I'd rather pay on the back end. Either way we are going to pay. I just would like the effect of having more people better themselves.

I prefer to pick and choose who I pay for good services, my payment is my incentive. If we pay up front for everything there is no monetary incentive for one to provide good services... the country crumbles.

I prefer to pick and choose who I pay for good services, my payment is my incentive. If we pay up front for everything there is no monetary incentive for one to provide good services... the country crumbles.

Yep..Half up front,the other half on completion to my standard.

Yeah, paying more for their goods so they can pay their employees a descent wage is "robbing" them.

Your union doesn't want "a decent wage," they want Walmart employees paying dues to SEIU - which will fund your retirement.

In Southern California, the minimum wage is 8.25 an hour - Walmart starts at 9.18 and goes up from there.

Your union is waging a campaign of lies - in an attempt to rob Walmart - and by extension, anyone who shops at Walmart.

You on the public employment dole already get more than 95% of workers get - how much is enough? Is there no end to the greed of the public employee unions?

Your union doesn't want "a decent wage," they want Walmart employees paying dues to SEIU - which will fund your retirement.

In Southern California, the minimum wage is 8.25 an hour - Walmart starts at 9.18 and goes up from there.

Your union is waging a campaign of lies - in an attempt to rob Walmart - and by extension, anyone who shops at Walmart.

You on the public employment dole already get more than 95% of workers get - how much is enough? Is there no end to the greed of the public employee unions?

Do you know anything at all about me? I'm a homemaker. I don't belong to a union. Even when I was working for the DOD I didn't belong to a union. I did belong to a union when I was working for United Airlines, but that was the Machinist union, not the SEIU.

I don't care if Walmart gets a union or not, I want them to pay a living wage. In the richest country in the world, the lowest paid worker should make a living wage and everything should go up from there.

Do you know anything at all about me? I'm a homemaker. I don't belong to a union. Even when I was working for the DOD I didn't belong to a union. I did belong to a union when I was working for United Airlines, but that was the Machinist union, not the SEIU.

I don't care if Walmart gets a union or not, I want them to pay a living wage. In the richest country in the world, the lowest paid worker should make a living wage and everything should go up from there.

Why should the lowest wage be a living wage and what does living wage even mean? Is that some sort of feel good statement? Fine call the current minimum wage the living wage as I'm not aware of anyone dying on minimum wage in this country. Do you know anyone that has died because their wage was to low in the past decade or two?

Last edited:

You propagate Union lies, which is the usual behavior of government leeches.

Unions in America are a monopoly - names may vary, but the AFL/CIO run all the unions.

Then you should ask stores where you shop to raise prices, or volunteer to pay double and ask that half of the difference go to the employees, and the rest to the union bosses.

When I buy something, I shop for the lowest price. Do you search the Internet to make sure you pay the highest price for like items?

When I bought my first Rebel, I got it from Walmart because they were $100 cheaper than Bestbuy - Walmart pays their employees more than Bestbuy does - would you have bought at the higher price? When I bought my 5Si, I bought from TigerDirect, because they were the cheapest by far. I have no idea what Tiger pays their employees - and couldn't care less...

Last edited:

What is a living wage?

Again, bulcrap.

In our town we saw an add where "Mcdonalds" was going to help it's employee's qualify for welfare, now what do you have to say about that ? Also she is right, where as with the illegals, entry level young mothers/workers, and other such manual or low skilled labor forces in America, we the tax payers have been subsidizing the companies who have been working them for a while now, and this was so that their help can live and eat while working for them either above or under the table. The scam has been caught and the people are livid about what they have found out in all of this now, so the spin just gets faster and faster as the gates close faster and faster on it all.

Forum List

Back