This Sold for $9.3 Million?

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
9140-lot-332-miro-sans-titre.jpg

You have got to be kidding me!!! :uhoh3: I've seen 6-year olds do better! :eusa_whistle:And, okay, the story does say that ALL THREE sold for the above amount. The one shown only went for 1.3M. Anyhow, shake your head at the story @ Southeby?s Sells Joan Miro Paintings for $9.3 Million - TIME

You have got to be kidding me!!! :uhoh3: I've seen 6-year olds do better! :eusa_whistle:And, okay, the story does say that ALL THREE sold for the above amount. The one shown only went for 1.3M. Anyhow, shake your head at the story @ Southeby?s Sells Joan Miro Paintings for $9.3 Million - TIME

I only get angry, actually I'm freaking out, if taxpayers money is used to buy such shit for public museums or other official displays like government buildings etc.

If any Idiot is spilling out his own money for it, I am fine with that. More precisely, it brings a smile to my face because I admire a smart fraud applied to rich dumbasses.

Lemme guess ... You're not an artist, right.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Would you care to tell me what art classes you took. Or what medium you worked with?

Obviously not. He was able to identify shit when he saw it.

My aunt who fled Marxisr Russia was a trained ballerina and a talented artist - her favorite medium was charcoals. My parents were musicians and artists and took me to art galleries when I was very young. I've dabbled in oils and water colors but do not have the talent for that. I've spent a fair amount of time in art galleries such as the National Gallery in D.C. as well as many, many throughout Europe.
I don't know how "qualified" that makes me but I do appreciate the Masters and those with true talent.

This simply doesn't live up to any standard I recognize. :eusa_whistle:

I am and I can tell garbage when I see it.

Lemme guess.... you're a moron, right?

I only get angry, actually I'm freaking out, if taxpayers money is used to buy such shit for public museums or other official displays like government buildings etc.

If any Idiot is spilling out his own money for it, I am fine with that. More precisely, it brings a smile to my face because I admire a smart fraud applied to rich dumbasses.

A well played scam, I tip my hat to the grifter that pulled this off.

That painting is a Miro baby! You could say its like a Picasso.... and we know those tend to be pricey....very, very pricey.

I know what you all mean ... but.. the painting is unique and only one of its kind, and that's how it is with certain famous paintings. :dunno:

I'm not an artist but i know art when I see it and that ain't art

And if you sell again that paiting is a couple of years, its going to be valued at 20 million dollars.

Ugly or not they are called "masterpieces"... they increase in value as time goes by.

Some are completely cluless about art....they might just as well ... butt out :tongue::lol:

I'm crap at painting but there's hope yet for my masterplan of finding a rich moron to buy a totally shite painting.

why would spending money on art trouble you.

we should invest more in art and music.

I'm crap at painting but there's hope yet for my masterplan of finding a rich moron to buy a totally shite painting.

I know, but thing is, one has to die first.... to become a legend and all that. Dead painters are worth more that living ones.

Would you care to tell me what art classes you took. Or what medium you worked with?

Rocky Mountain College of Art
Art Institute of Colorado
FIT in New York City
New York Art and Design
Various and many symposiums through the years

I started where everyone starts - oils - but my first love is watercolor which I taught for years. I now sell my art in several galleries and just came back from a successful selling trip to the Caribbean where I sold every piece I took with me and took orders for more. I also sell in shops in other US cities.

That is not to say I'm a authority on Miro, or any other artist, but art is worth whatever the market will pay. Quit being a prig about and just deal already.

Forum List

Back