Thomas questions Smiths appointment

The constitution was written to assure that the president cannot just pick any guy he wants, and invent an office for him that he wants to exist. The founders would have been appalled at the thought of the president doing so to create a prosecutor to go after private citizens that opposed the president. They would have been apoplectic at the thought of such an office being created specifically to go after the chief political rival of the president.

From Wiki:

The Office of Special Counsel was an office of the United States Department of Justice established by provisions in the Ethics in Government Act that expired in 1999. The provisions were replaced by Department of Justice regulation 28 CFR Part 600,[1] which created the successor office of special counsel. The current regulations were drafted by former acting solicitor general Neal Katyal.[2]

The independent counsel was an independent prosecutor—distinct from the attorney general of the United States Department of Justice—who provided reports to the United States Congress under 28 U.S.C. § 595.

If Congress wants more Special Counsels, they have the power to re-instate the office. Until then, Jack Smith is just a guy picked by the most corrupt Attorney General in history.

If you disagree, tell me this: What law empowers Jack Smith to even empanel a secret grand jury in DC to investigate alleged crimes in Florida?

I question Thomas's appointment. What a disappointment he turned out to be. Biased and corrupt. The worse for a justice to be.
Justice Thomas stated his reasoning.
Explain how this constitutional expert is wrong.

And it can't be, "he didn't do what I want."

Forum List

Back