Thousands of workers flee Foxconn iPhone factory in china

Actually there is a lot in just that one fact, and no way I said that was all of it. You want a book, and I don't bother with those who won't do their own research before posting. I'm not going to document hundreds of years of corporate welfare for you here. You will just have to do your own work. I'm never concerned with what people like or don't like about history.
I also dont have time for all the corporate hate you are carrying around

The narrow question was your claim that the federal government paid corporations to offshore American jobs

And if true on any large scale it's worth discussing

The CCP stubbornly maintains a zero covid policy as if this is still 2020

IPhone workers live inside the factory compound and not allowed to leave

So thousands have jumped the fence

Because the CCP controls the mass transit the only way to get home is to walk

And the trip may be a thousand miles or more

Foxconn and Trump conned us.

Foxconn has moved much of its iphone production out of china thanks to trump and covid19
I thought they were Taiwan?

And where did they move to? It sure isn't Wisconsin. Trump/Foxconn fucked Wisconsin. Bigly.

This is the perfect example of what Republicans and corporations want to do. Take over and take advantage. This was a bad deal. Trump's deal. Maybe the worse deal in US history. Trump owns this

As part of the agreement, Foxconn was set to receive subsidies ranging from $3 billion to $4.8 billion (paid in increments if Foxconn met certain targets) over fifteen years. Had it been paid out, it would have been by far the largest subsidy ever given to a foreign firm in U.S. history.

It is the world's largest contract manufacturer of electronics. While headquartered in Taiwan, the company earns the majority of its revenue from assets in China and is one of the largest employers worldwide.

This is who Trump does business with?

Then Foxxcon made money selling the land we GAVE them.

Did Microsoft buy Foxconn in Wisconsin?

Microsoft bought 315 acres of land from Foxconn at that time. Construction is already underway on the data centers on this property. The data centers store Microsoft's digital data, data storage drives and network equipment.

Foxconn has moved much of its iphone production out of china thanks to trump and covid19

I thought they were Taiwan?

And where did they move to? It sure isn't Wisconsin. Trump/Foxconn fucked Wisconsin. Bigly.

This is the perfect example of what Republicans and corporations want to do. Take over and take advantage. This was a bad deal. Trump's deal. Maybe the worse deal in US history. Trump owns this

As part of the agreement, Foxconn was set to receive subsidies ranging from $3 billion to $4.8 billion (paid in increments if Foxconn met certain targets) over fifteen years. Had it been paid out, it would have been by far the largest subsidy ever given to a foreign firm in U.S. history.

It is the world's largest contract manufacturer of electronics. While headquartered in Taiwan, the company earns the majority of its revenue from assets in China and is one of the largest employers worldwide.

This is who Trump does business with?

Then Foxxcon made money selling the land we GAVE them.

Did Microsoft buy Foxconn in Wisconsin?

Microsoft bought 315 acres of land from Foxconn at that time. Construction is already underway on the data centers on this property. The data centers store Microsoft's digital data, data storage drives and network equipment.

See post #25

Moving from China to India doesn't help American workers in any way.

It's just moving from cheap labor to even cheaper labor.
It helps America by not feeding the chinese dragon as much of our wealth

Ot helps America by not feeding the chinese dragon as much of our wealth

I find it sad how we get so upset that people in China want to make a living and have things just like we do.

You are upset with the country as opposed to the businesses that took the jobs there in the first place.

It helps America by not feeding the chinese dragon as much of our wealth

Corporations love this. If wages get too high in China, move to India. If it gets too expensive there, move to Africa. Pit countries against each other.

That's why I love to hear wages in Mexico and China are going up.

I find it sad how we get so upset that people in China want to make a living and have things just like we do.

You are upset with the country as opposed to the businesses that took the jobs there in the first place.
You have the understanding of international political-economics of a house cat

China would not be a serious threat to peace in asia and a threat to smaller nations like Taiwan and the Philippines if not for all the wealth it has gained through trade with America

You have the understanding of international political-economics of a house cat

China would not be a serious threat to peace in asia and a threat to smaller nations like Taiwan and the Philippines if not for all the wealth it has gained through trade with America

We are the constant threat to peace everywhere.

Corporations love this. If wages get too high in China, move to India. If it gets too expensive there, move to Africa. Pit countries against each other.

That's why I love to hear wages in Mexico and China are going up.
Its not only about wages

China shut itself down even more and for much longer during the covid scare than we did here in America

When production slowed down or ceased in china due to misguided government policy consumers in the west were screwed

The consensus of nations in the region is that china is the greatest threat to them

Interesting that you seem to think you speak for them

How many countries have they bombed?

How many have we?

Interesting that you seem to think you speak for them

How many countries have they bombed?

How many have we?
They are making security treaties with the US to oppose chinese aggression

Forum List

Back