Thread that's long overdue

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Just kinda occured that a thread to thank members of law enforcement (and other first responders like fire fighters, EMS/EMT, etc.) outta exist where people can thank these heroes and maybe offer personal stories of how their lives were effected by them.

Like to do my 'shout-out' to the local fire department for the apartment fire we had a few years back. Was night when I was in bed and awoke to whatever woke me up and then noticed the power was out. Getting up n dressed I headed outside to see if our security officer knew what was going on. Moment I got out front I noticed seemingly every emergency vehicle in town was here and a police officer ordered me away from the building. Asking why walking towards him he explained "Because of the fire." Turning around I noticed the adjacent building to mine was ablaze. We were evacuated to a nearby church while they put it out. Other than the embarassment of bed-head and not thinking to grab my cigs walking outside and suffering the worst nic-fit ever the rest of the night, I was unharmed.

And another to the police who responded to my 911 call for the crazy psycho ex banging on my door one morning. Or so I thought...Once officers arrived and made contact with me and I saw who it was, we both did a double-take as I explained, "That's not my ex-girlfriend." And her, "This isn't the apartment I thought it was." Gave us all a good laugh. One of the officers saying something I'll edit a bit here, "Women are crazy yo." :) Always laugh remembering that moment. :) I called because the ex had threatened to come over and make a scene. But peering through the peephole I couldn't quite make out who it was, just that it was a female. Evidently she went outside for something while visiting a friend and got locked out. Pounding on my, the wrong apartment, and not being let in she got upset thinking the guy she was sleeping with was giving her her walking papers.

Finally, like to thank all first-responders for doing the jobs few are willing to for insufficient pay and benefits when they should earn at least as much as Congressmen working a helluva lot harder and longer.

"Blessed are the peace makers, for they shall be called the children of G-d."

I agree. First responders perform important work in the community. For example, how they initially care for the victims of auto accidents can make a big difference in terms of the prospects for the victim's complete recovery.
uduhuzuq.jpg

Just kinda occured that a thread to thank members of law enforcement (and other first responders like fire fighters, EMS/EMT, etc.) outta exist where people can thank these heroes and maybe offer personal stories of how their lives were effected by them.

Like to do my 'shout-out' to the local fire department for the apartment fire we had a few years back. Was night when I was in bed and awoke to whatever woke me up and then noticed the power was out. Getting up n dressed I headed outside to see if our security officer knew what was going on. Moment I got out front I noticed seemingly every emergency vehicle in town was here and a police officer ordered me away from the building. Asking why walking towards him he explained "Because of the fire." Turning around I noticed the adjacent building to mine was ablaze. We were evacuated to a nearby church while they put it out. Other than the embarassment of bed-head and not thinking to grab my cigs walking outside and suffering the worst nic-fit ever the rest of the night, I was unharmed.

And another to the police who responded to my 911 call for the crazy psycho ex banging on my door one morning. Or so I thought...Once officers arrived and made contact with me and I saw who it was, we both did a double-take as I explained, "That's not my ex-girlfriend." And her, "This isn't the apartment I thought it was." Gave us all a good laugh. One of the officers saying something I'll edit a bit here, "Women are crazy yo." :) Always laugh remembering that moment. :) I called because the ex had threatened to come over and make a scene. But peering through the peephole I couldn't quite make out who it was, just that it was a female. Evidently she went outside for something while visiting a friend and got locked out. Pounding on my, the wrong apartment, and not being let in she got upset thinking the guy she was sleeping with was giving her her walking papers.

Finally, like to thank all first-responders for doing the jobs few are willing to for insufficient pay and benefits when they should earn at least as much as Congressmen working a helluva lot harder and longer.

"Blessed are the peace makers, for they shall be called the children of G-d."

That's very nice of you. It's sad the right has decided that First Responders are leeches when in fact every one is a hero.

Forum List

Back