Thug goes for gun vs cop, gets shot; Family: "Cop shoulda handled it better...he was just drunk"

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
Man shot by police officer in Athens

A classic Dindu Nuffin here folks. Cop patrolling a late night parking lot and spots people drinking liquor in the lot. Illegal. He then sees one has a pistol hanging out his pocket. Uh oh. As he gives commands....thug reaches for the pistol and gets himself shot.

What do his homies say?? The cop "shoulda handled it differently....he shoulda seen be was drunk".

Oh yes. The old "Dont hold him accountable for going for a gun because you should've known he was just drunk".

Cops should just quit. Just fuck it.....resign. All of em.

Man shot by police officer in Athens

A classic Dindu Nuffin here folks. Cop patrolling a late night parking lot and spots people drinking liquor in the lot. Illegal. He then sees one has a pistol hanging out his pocket. Uh oh. As he gives commands....thug reaches for the pistol and gets himself shot.

What do his homies say?? The cop "shoulda handled it differently....he shoulda seen be was drunk".

Oh yes. The old "Dont hold him accountable for going for a gun because you should've known he was just drunk".

Cops should just quit. Just fuck it.....resign. All of em.

They always blame someone else, taking personal responsibility for one's own actions just isn't in these people.

But I'm sure none of you see any problem with allowing guns in bars, amiright?

Guns 'n' booze - what could possibly go wrong?

It's on the front page of liveleak.com

You should check out worldstar.com too

Classic case of not thinking it through. How do you know guns were allowed in the bar? Was he carrying legally? If this thug was willing to break the law by carrying illegally, why do you think he would honor the “no guns in bars rules?”

Classic case of not thinking it through. How do you know guns were allowed in the bar? Was he carrying legally? If this thug was willing to break the law by carrying illegally, why do you think he would honor the “no guns in bars rules?”

I wasn't referring to this specific bar, but didn't some state legislature recently pass a law allowing guns in places where alcohol is served?

I wasn't referring to this specific bar, but didn't some state legislature recently pass a law allowing guns in places where alcohol is served?

They may have, but when you think about it, it is no worse than serving someone that drives up to the bar. We are then assuming he will not get intoxicated. Deaths by drunken drivers are the price we pay. We likewise have to assume a person legally carrying in a bar would not get intoxicated and the price we pay is someone shot or a dead stupid thug. If we want to regulate something, lets get rid of bars and solve two problems.

You are wrong. I believe that most people are fully aware of the dangers of allowing weapons in bars especially those men and women with concealed carry permits.

In Florida where I live you even if you have a permit you cannot carry a weapon into a place whose primary purpose is serving alcoholic beverages. This means that you can carry into a liquor store since they sell liquor but don't serve it. You can also go into a restaurant and order a drink with your dinner since the primary purpose of the restaurant is to serve food, not alcohol. However, if you go into the bar to have a plain coke you have broken the law. Concealed-carry law can be complicated, so if you ever consider carrying you must be an expert on the laws in your state.

Once I went to a restaurant that had a waiting list. The waiter told me that I could go into the bar and have a drink while I was waiting to be called. I told her I was carrying a weapon and could not go into the bar area. She simply smiled and told me that I would have a table shortly.

Another time I went to purchase a bottle of vodka from a bar/liquor store. The liquor store had two entrances, one from the outside and the other inside through the bar area. The outside door was locked so a knocked on the door to get the clerk's attention. He motioned for me to go around through the bar area. I told him I was armed and was not allowed to go into the bar, not even for a moment. He let me in through the outside entrance and everything was fine.

Those who cannot see the dangers of bringing a gun to a bar are fools and I seriously doubt that most people are completely unaware of, or indifferent to, the danger.

You are wrong. I believe that most people are fully aware of the dangers of allowing weapons in bars especially those men and women with concealed carry permits.

In Florida where I live you even if you have a permit you cannot carry a weapon into a place whose primary purpose is serving alcoholic beverages. This means that you can carry into a liquor store since they sell liquor but don't serve it. You can also go into a restaurant and order a drink with your dinner since the primary purpose of the restaurant is to serve food, not alcohol. However, if you go into the bar to have a plain coke you have broken the law. Concealed-carry law can be complicated, so if you ever consider carrying you must be an expert on the laws in your state.

Once I went to a restaurant that had a waiting list. The waiter told me that I could go into the bar and have a drink while I was waiting to be called. I told her I was carrying a weapon and could not go into the bar area. She simply smiled and told me that I would have a table shortly.

Another time I went to purchase a bottle of vodka from a bar/liquor store. The liquor store had two entrances, one from the outside and the other inside through the bar area. The outside door was locked so a knocked on the door to get the clerk's attention. He motioned for me to go around through the bar area. I told him I was armed and was not allowed to go into the bar, not even for a moment. He let me in through the outside entrance and everything was fine.

Those who cannot see the dangers of bringing a gun to a bar are fools and I seriously doubt that most people are completely unaware of, or indifferent to, the danger.

04guns-graphic-popup.jpg

:dunno:

Forum List

Back