Tim Walz Accused Of Stolen Valor By Other Members Of His Unit

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
Someone said he was a Command SGT Major, but I'm reading now that he didn't pass the SGT Major's Academy nor did he achieve the rank of SGT Major.

He was only conditionally assigned the position in a National Guard unit but didn't qualify for the position.

"Minnesota Governor Tim Walz, recently announced as Kamala Harris’ running mate for the 2024 election, has been accused of stolen valor by retired leaders of the Minnesota National Guard.

Retired Command Sergeants Major Thomas Behrends and Paul Herr published a scathing letter in the West Central Tribune, exposing what they claim are significant fabrications and omissions in Walz’s military record.

Walz, who served in the US House of Representatives for 12 years before being elected governor in 2018, has long touted his military service as a key component of his public image.

The retired leaders assert it is their duty to expose what they describe as a pattern of deception regarding Walz’s military career.

Key Points from the Letter:​

• Reenlistment and Academy Enrollment: Tim Walz reenlisted in the Minnesota Army National Guard on September 18, 2001, committing to a six-year term. He was selected to attend the prestigious United States Army Sergeants Major Academy but failed to complete the course, which comes with specific obligations.
  • Deployment and Promotion: In late summer 2003, Walz deployed with the 1-125th Field Artillery Battalion to Italy for Operation Enduring Freedom. Upon returning to Minnesota in 2004, he was conditionally promoted to Command Sergeant Major but did not meet the conditions required for that promotion.
  • Quitting Before Deployment: In early 2005, as his unit prepared for mobilization to Iraq, Walz abruptly quit, leaving his fellow soldiers without leadership. His rationale—claiming he needed to retire to run for Congress—has been challenged by the retired sergeants major, who argue he could have sought permission to run while remaining in service.
  • Misrepresentation of Service: The letter highlights discrepancies in Walz’s statements about his military tenure. While he claims to be the highest-ranking enlisted service member ever to serve in Congress, critics point out that he was only conditionally promoted and subsequently reduced in rank due to his departure from the academy."

Here is a summary of the timeline detailing how Tim Walz has reportedly embellished and omitted facts about his military career:​

1. September 18, 2001: Tim Walz reenlisted in the Minnesota Army National Guard for six years.
  2. Early 2003: Selected to attend the United States Army Sergeants Major Academy.
  3. Late Summer 2003: Deployed with the 1-125th Field Artillery Battalion to Italy for six months in support of Operation Enduring Freedom.
  4. Spring 2004: Returned to Minnesota and selected as Command Sergeant Major of the 1-125th Field Artillery Battalion.
  5. August 5, 2004: Photographed at a protest outside a President Bush campaign rally.
  6. September 17, 2004: Conditionally promoted to Command Sergeant Major.
  7. Early 2005: Battalion received warning order for mobilization to Iraq.
  8. May 16, 2005: Walz retired, leaving his battalion without its senior Non-Commissioned Officer as they prepared for deployment.
  9. September 10, 2005: Reduced to Master Sergeant as he failed to meet the conditions of his promotion and dropped out of the academy.
  10. November 2005: Offered to fundraise for his battalion’s Christmas trip while they trained for deployment.
  11. 2006-2007: Battalion deployed for 22 months. Walz elected to the House of Representatives in November 2006, claiming to be the highest-ranking enlisted service member ever to serve in Congress.
  12. November 1, 2006: Tom Hagen, Iraq War Veteran, wrote a critical letter to the editor of the Winona Daily News about Walz abandoning his unit. “Here are a couple of sentences from the letter: But even more disturbing is the fact that Walz quickly retired after learning that his unit -southern Minnesota’s 1-125 FA Battalion – would be sent to Iraq. For Tim Walz to abandon his fellow soldiers and quit when they needed experienced leadership most is disheartening.”
  13. Walz’s Response: Claimed he reenlisted for four years and retired a year before his battalion’s deployment, despite official records showing a six-year reenlistment and retirement before the end of this period.

The retired Command Sergeants Major of the Minnesota National Guard criticize Walz for quitting before his obligations were met, failing to complete the academy, and misrepresenting his service record, ultimately failing his country, state, unit, and fellow soldiers.

You can read Retired Command Sergeants Major Thomas Behrends and Paul Herr’s scathing letter here.

I said it:
Beware. Be Ready. The "Swift-boating" Of Tim Walz is coming. I seem to remember some rightwing nuts going after Walz back in 2018. I was there when they went after Kerry on 2004. These people cannot help themselves.

They were desperate then, they will be viciously so now. Get ready. Rightwing rags are ready to go.

He beat them back then. He will do so again. But it will get nasty.

I said it:
Beware. Be Ready. The "Swift-boating" Of Tim Walz is coming. I seem to remember some rightwing nuts going after Walz back in 2018. I was there when they went after Kerry on 2004. These people cannot help themselves.

They were desperate then, they will be viciously so now. Get ready. Rightwing rags are ready to go.

Its the truth, and you as a fascist democrat cannot abide truth in any form, proceeding forth! :wink:

"In a letter posted to Facebook in 2018 as he first ran for governor, retired Command Sergeants Major Thomas Behrends and Paul Herr said Walz retired from his 24-year tenure in the National Guard after learning that his battalion would be deployed to Iraq, despite allegedly assuring his fellow troops he would join them."

https://nypost.com/2024/08/06/us-ne...ational-guard-unit-ahead-of-iraq-deployment/#

LOL!!!

Good to know why Kamala's "staff" always ends up being a revolving door circus. Great job vetting the BLM butt licking 911 W Zionist Fascist, Kamala....

Someone said he was a Command SGT Major, but I'm reading now that he didn't pass the SGT Major's Academy nor did he achieve the rank of SGT Major.

He was only conditionally assigned the position in a National Guard unit but didn't qualify for the position.

"Minnesota Governor Tim Walz, recently announced as Kamala Harris’ running mate for the 2024 election, has been accused of stolen valor by retired leaders of the Minnesota National Guard.

Retired Command Sergeants Major Thomas Behrends and Paul Herr published a scathing letter in the West Central Tribune, exposing what they claim are significant fabrications and omissions in Walz’s military record.

Walz, who served in the US House of Representatives for 12 years before being elected governor in 2018, has long touted his military service as a key component of his public image.

The retired leaders assert it is their duty to expose what they describe as a pattern of deception regarding Walz’s military career.

• Reenlistment and Academy Enrollment: Tim Walz reenlisted in the Minnesota Army National Guard on September 18, 2001, committing to a six-year term. He was selected to attend the prestigious United States Army Sergeants Major Academy but failed to complete the course, which comes with specific obligations.
  • Deployment and Promotion: In late summer 2003, Walz deployed with the 1-125th Field Artillery Battalion to Italy for Operation Enduring Freedom. Upon returning to Minnesota in 2004, he was conditionally promoted to Command Sergeant Major but did not meet the conditions required for that promotion.
  • Quitting Before Deployment: In early 2005, as his unit prepared for mobilization to Iraq, Walz abruptly quit, leaving his fellow soldiers without leadership. His rationale—claiming he needed to retire to run for Congress—has been challenged by the retired sergeants major, who argue he could have sought permission to run while remaining in service.
  • Misrepresentation of Service: The letter highlights discrepancies in Walz’s statements about his military tenure. While he claims to be the highest-ranking enlisted service member ever to serve in Congress, critics point out that he was only conditionally promoted and subsequently reduced in rank due to his departure from the academy."
Dude, gateway pundit?

Really?

I said it:

We look at Walz, a 60-year-old U.S. Army National Guard veteran, and his military career over the years.

How long was Walz in the military?​

Walz served in the military for 24 years, enlisting in the Nebraska National Guard at 17 in 1981 and then transferring to the Minnesota National Guard in 1996. He retired in 2005 to begin his successful run for the U.S. House, representing Minnesota as command sergeant major, among the highest ranks for enlisted soldiers. His battalion went on to deploy to Iraq.

Walz specialized in heavy artillery and had proficiency ribbons in sharpshooting and hand grenades.

But during the 21 years that Walz spent working with large artillery pieces, he suffered hearing loss and tinnitus in both ears, Minnesota Public Radio reported. He was allowed to continue his service after undergoing surgery, which partially resolved his hearing loss.

Stars and Stripes reported in 2020 that Walz credited his Army experience with helping him steer Minnesota through the COVID-19 pandemic as governor.

As governor of Minnesota, Walz is commander in chief of the 13,000-soldier Minnesota National Guard. “I’m certainly proud of my military service, but it’s one piece of me,” he told Minnesota Public Radio in 2018. “It doesn’t define me.”

LOL!!!

Good to know why Kamala's "staff" always ends up being a revolving door circus. Great job vetting the BLM butt licking 911 W Zionist Fascist, Kamala....
Uh huh

5 stages Trump WH staff employ 2.jpg

You mean he had.... a life outside of the guard, as most Guard soldiers do.

He had already served 24 years in various Guard units... I think he did his bit, especially since he wasn't qualified for the billet he was holding.

If the MN Guard considered him to be mission critical, they could have issued a stoploss on him. My guess is that after he had temporarily held the position of CSM, it would have been poor showing to make him a First Sergeant or Master Sergeant on staff.

You mean he had.... a life outside of the guard, as most Guard soldiers do.

He had already served 24 years in various Guard units... I think he did his bit, especially since he wasn't qualified for the billet he was holding.

If the MN Guard considered him to be mission critical, they could have issued a stoploss on him. My guess is that after he had temporarily held the position of CSM, it would have been poor showing to make him a First Sergeant or Master Sergeant on staff.
They reduced his rank back to Master SGT.

But because he put in his retirement papers he was non-deployable.

I was on a Special Force A Team and I was immediately taken off of the team when my retirement paperwork was approved.

They reduced his rank back to Master SGT.

But because he put in his retirement papers he was non-deployable.

I was on a Special Force A Team and I was immediately taken off of the team when my retirement paperwork was approved.
So it sounds like procedures were followed.

Possibly he washed out of the Sergeant Majors Academy (as I assume a certain percentage of reserve E-8s do.)

The question is, was he actually promoted to E-9, or was he just holding an E-9 slot as an E-8.

I know when I was in the guard, they got a new Bn. Commander who decided that he liked the cut of a certain E-7's gib, forced out the E-9 who had been in that position for years, over some E-8's who were already there. This was absurd, and they quickly sacked both of them. (The E-7 was later caught doing stuff he shouldn't have been doing.) The new Bn. Cdr. came in and brought the previous E-9 back (they had known each other since the 70s when he was a platoon leader, and he was a Platoon sergeant.

Unlike the real army, the guard involves a lot more politics and personal networking, so we may not be getting the whole story here. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter. The man served for 24 years and received the highest position an enlisted soldier can hold.

Stolen Valor is democrat currency.... much like LYING is their native language.

I'm curious to see this how little soviet rodent holds up under more scrutiny. :popcorn:

GUTawvpXoAAakxe.jpg

So it sounds like procedures were followed.

Possibly he washed out of the Sergeant Majors Academy (as I assume a certain percentage of reserve E-8s do.)

The question is, was he actually promoted to E-9, or was he just holding an E-9 slot as an E-8.

I know when I was in the guard, they got a new Bn. Commander who decided that he liked the cut of a certain E-7's gib, forced out the E-9 who had been in that position for years, over some E-8's who were already there. This was absurd, and they quickly sacked both of them. (The E-7 was later caught doing stuff he shouldn't have been doing.) The new Bn. Cdr. came in and brought the previous E-9 back (they had known each other since the 70s when he was a platoon leader, and he was a Platoon sergeant.

Unlike the real army, the guard involves a lot more politics and personal networking, so we may not be getting the whole story here. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter. The man served for 24 years and received the highest position an enlisted soldier can hold.
No, SGT Major Of The Army is the highest.

And he was never a fully qualified SGT Major......so it wasn't official. He was holding a SGT Major slot in a No-Go (National Guard) unit.

I was in Special Forces while on active duty. National Guard units were pretty much a joke to us.

Forum List

Back