Time for a global Ban on Lethal Drones.

I disagree. They can be a great tool in the war on terror. We just need a president who has his finger on the button and has morals and respect for the law. I.o.w., not obama.
Can you suggest a viable Republican OR Democrat presidential prospect who would question the military industrial complex without winding up like JFK?

The Conspiracy Forum is thataway, nutcase. >>>

You wouldn't be so quick to dismiss it if you really understood how the world works.

UN Special Rapporteur on Extrajudicial, Summary or Arbitrary Executions Christof Heyns has urged a pause in the corporate progress towards a new world order where machines have the authority to murder human beings.

Heyns wants a global moratorium on the development and deployment of lethal autonomous robots (LARs) which differ from drones in that the former decide when to attack a target without any human input on their choice.

United Nations News Centre - UN human rights expert urges global pause in creation of robots with ‘power to kill’

Which probably sounds comforting to Yemenis although al-Qa'ida might be unhappy about the loss of new recruits:

"SANAA, Yemen -- The United States’ launching of eight drone strikes in Yemen in the span of 13 days has ignited widespread outrage in the country.

"The anger over the strikes, which came as an al-Qaida-related threat shuttered U.S. embassies and consulates in Yemen and 15 other countries, has overwhelmed attention to the threat itself, which many here view skeptically anyway.

“In the end, I think the American reaction has been far more than has been reasonable,' said Abdulghani al Iryani, a Sanaa-based political analyst. 'It comes off almost as a show of strength. But, ultimately, it may end up backfiring, as al-Qaida is getting more attention now than they would have even if they carried out an attack.'"

SANAA, Yemen: Yemenis outraged at spate of U.S. drone strikes - Guantánamo - MiamiHerald.com

What's the one thing any country addicted to war can not afford to run out of?
Enemies.
There seems to be little chance of that occurring as long as thousands of innocent Muslims continue to die from US drones and whatever comes next.

Is there any reports on how to stop insane humans from killing other sane humans that want to live peacefully and with freedom to choose how to live?

Drone-destroy the motherscratchers.

I hate that piss-ant Obama, but he gets a :thup: from me re: Drones.

My son's brother in law flies those puppies. Ordinance-laden.

Dispatch with haste. Fuckin' A.

tumblr_lb01o6tn481qe0eclo1_r8_500.gif.html
tumblr_lb01o6tn481qe0eclo1_r8_500.gif.html
UN Special Rapporteur on Extrajudicial, Summary or Arbitrary Executions Christof Heyns has urged a pause in the corporate progress towards a new world order where machines have the authority to murder human beings.

Heyns wants a global moratorium on the development and deployment of lethal autonomous robots (LARs) which differ from drones in that the former decide when to attack a target without any human input on their choice.

United Nations News Centre - UN human rights expert urges global pause in creation of robots with ‘power to kill’

Which probably sounds comforting to Yemenis although al-Qa'ida might be unhappy about the loss of new recruits:

"SANAA, Yemen -- The United States’ launching of eight drone strikes in Yemen in the span of 13 days has ignited widespread outrage in the country.

"The anger over the strikes, which came as an al-Qaida-related threat shuttered U.S. embassies and consulates in Yemen and 15 other countries, has overwhelmed attention to the threat itself, which many here view skeptically anyway.

“In the end, I think the American reaction has been far more than has been reasonable,' said Abdulghani al Iryani, a Sanaa-based political analyst. 'It comes off almost as a show of strength. But, ultimately, it may end up backfiring, as al-Qaida is getting more attention now than they would have even if they carried out an attack.'"

SANAA, Yemen: Yemenis outraged at spate of U.S. drone strikes - Guantánamo - MiamiHerald.com

What's the one thing any country addicted to war can not afford to run out of?
Enemies.
There seems to be little chance of that occurring as long as thousands of innocent Muslims continue to die from US drones and whatever comes next.

Is there any reports on how to stop insane humans from killing other sane humans that want to live peacefully and with freedom to choose how to live?

OMG, he's worried about Muslims taking his freedom

Last edited:
People 100 years ago could of argued for the airplane to be illegal
People 300 years ago could of argued for the gun to be illegal

You see there's always going to be people that argue a stupid case for the same reason.

The gun, manned aircraft, and the unmanned drone all have a human being deciding when to take the life of another human being; that's about to change:

"LARs (lethal autonomous robots) differ from armed drones and other remotely controlled weapons systems because they have the ability to decide when to attack a target, Christof Heyns, Special Rapporteur on extrajudicial, summary or arbitrary executions, stressed.

“'While drones still have a "human in the loop" who takes the decision to use lethal force, LARs have on-board computers that decide who should be targeted,' Mr. Heyns said as he presented his latest report to the UN Human Rights Council.

“War without reflection is mechanical slaughter,'

I hate war but it is a reality. Whether we use drones or boots on the ground, there's going to be innocent people killed or hurt.

I hate knowing innocent people die but I also hate knowing our people die. Having said that, I prefer drones but I am totally against the LARs.

In war you make the other mother fucker die with the least amount of death on your side. I'd support turning half of our airforce into drones and drone bombers....

We don't have to risk the lives of our people because of technology. Some people seem to think we should be riding horses. :( Truly Obama is killing the terrorist and you're bitching? If Obama doesn't kill the terrorist you're bitching. Is there any winning?

When did America declare war on Yemen?

However, this minor technical detail that turns a military strike into mass murder is nothing but a nothing point and I'm sure you'd love to ignore it.

Yemeni Reporter Who Exposed U.S. Drone Strike Freed from Prison After Jailing at Obama?s Request | Democracy Now!

Oh, look, America get journalists gaoled for exposing terrorist CIA drone strikes.

Just what is the world coming to when America has to actually justify its actions?

Again, in the interests of balanced posting, I can see how America could be worried about activity in Yemen.
After all, it's only 15 miles off the Florida coast and the terrorists have a massive military machine, capable of striking the American mainland with WMD in less than 45 minutes.

Sorry, I did get my geography right, didn't I?

Assuming I didn't; why is America killing suspects (Note - not convicts) in that country?

I disagree. They can be a great tool in the war on terror. We just need a president who has his finger on the button and has morals and respect for the law. I.o.w., not obama.
The use of drones is American terrorism.

"ter·ror·ism
/ˈterəˌrizəm/
Noun
The use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims.
Synonyms
terror"

Think the SEALs are worried?

https://www.google.com/webhp?source=search_app#bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&fp=175c321655c6bef4&q=definition+of+terrorism

This is stupid, a drone over Yemen is just a lightly armed plane with a longer loiter time and a pilot in an easy chair somewhere else. There isn't some sentient Hal picking out things to shoot hellfires at without a man in the loop.

"30 May 2013 – A pause in progress to 'a world where machines are given the power to kill humans,' was urged today by a United Nations independent human rights expert who called for a global moratorium on the development and deployment of lethal autonomous robots (LARs).

"LARs differ from armed drones and other remotely controlled weapons systems because they have the ability to decide when to attack a target, Christof Heyns, Special Rapporteur on extrajudicial, summary or arbitrary executions, stressed.

“'While drones still have a "human in the loop" who takes the decision to use lethal force, LARs have on-board computers that decide who should be targeted,' Mr. Heyns said as he presented his latest report to the UN Human Rights Council.'"

Can you suggest a viable Republican OR Democrat presidential prospect who would question the military industrial complex without winding up like JFK?

The Conspiracy Forum is thataway, nutcase. >>>

Do you believe the following belongs in the History Forum?

"The seeds of that hatred were planted in the 1960 election that brought Kennedy to the presidency. The Democrats stole that election from Republican candidate Richard Nixon by tampering with the vote in two states.

"In Illinois, Mafia boss Sam Giancana arranged for 10,000 votes to be cast for John F. Kennedy 'from the graveyard.'

"In Texas, the political machine of Kennedy's running mate, Lyndon Johnson, arbitrarily disqualified about 100,000 votes.

As a result, 51 electoral votes that should have gone to Nixon went to Kennedy. Had they been added to Nixon's total, he would have squeezed into the presidency by one electoral vote."

Who Killed JFK?

Again, in the interests of balanced posting, I can see how America could be worried about activity in Yemen.
After all, it's only 15 miles off the Florida coast and the terrorists have a massive military machine, capable of striking the American mainland with WMD in less than 45 minutes.

Sorry, I did get my geography right, didn't I??

See you doctor, you are suffering from severe myopia.

Georrge Phillip
machines have the authority to murder human beings.

Link please.

J/K cuz I know that's a lie and so do you.

===============

If it were D/white prez, you would be congratulating him/her on the restraint shown by not declaring war on millions of innocent people.

Good for President Obama for protecting us with a minimum collateral deaths, NO American deaths and a very small cost to the tax payers.

The use of drones is American terrorism.
Your statement, above, is impossible to soundly support.

Is this an acceptable definition of "terrorism" for you?

"ter·ror·ism
/ˈterəˌrizəm/
Noun
The use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims."

If so, the body count from US drone strikes in Pakistan alone would seem to "soundly support" the argument that the use of US drones is American terrorism.

"At the end of January 2013, the Bureau was able to identify by name 213 people killed by drones in Pakistan who were reported to be middle- or senior-ranking militants.

"A further 331 civilians have also now been named, 87 of them children.
But this is a small proportion of the minimum 2,629 people who appear to have so far died in CIA drone strikes in Pakistan.

"The Bureau’s work suggests 475 of them were likely to have been civilians.

"'At the moment we know the names of fewer than 20% of those killed in Pakistan’s tribal areas. At least 2,000 deaths still remain publicly anonymous,’ said Chris Woods, who leads the Bureau’s covert drone war team.'"

Naming the Dead: Bureau announces new drones project: The Bureau of Investigative Journalism

Georrge Phillip
machines have the authority to murder human beings.

Link please.

J/K cuz I know that's a lie and so do you.

===============

If it were D/white prez, you would be congratulating him/her on the restraint shown by not declaring war on millions of innocent people.

Good for President Obama for protecting us with a minimum collateral deaths, NO American deaths and a very small cost to the tax payers.

At this moment few machines have the authority to kill humans, at least beyond the Korean peninsula:

"'War without reflection is mechanical slaughter,' he added. 'In the same way that the taking of any human life deserves as a minimum some deliberation, a decision to allow machines to be deployed to kill human beings deserves a collective pause worldwide.'

"While much of their development is shrouded in secrecy, robots with full lethal autonomy have not yet been deployed, according to Mr. Heyns’ report. However, robotic systems with various degrees of autonomy and attack capability are currently in use

"He cites, for example, Samsung Techwin surveillance and security guard robots, deployed in the demilitarized zone between the two countries of the Korean peninsula, which detect targets through infrared sensors.

"'They are currently operated by humans but have an 'automatic mode.'”

Ho-hum! And what ever became of bans on landmines, depleted uranium, napalm, exploding bullets, etc.?

The satanic cult of war profiteers and the militarists reigns supreme in the modern world, and the rulers of the USA are the chief devils of the cult.

Nothing will change until a general global collapse puts an end to the brainwashed insanity of our "advanced" so-called civilization.

Meanwhile, don't be surprised if you or your children wind up being bombed by drones.

After all, it is so profitable to destroy countries and then re-build them -- and the USA has been untouched, so far!! The war profiteeers must be salivating at the thought of the money to be made arranging general mayhem and destruction in the USA and then forcing the survivors to pay for re-constructing their country!
I'm expecting Catholics in Mexico to stand in for Muslim's in Pakistan and Yemen once the US can no longer afford to borrow enough money to kill civilians on the opposite side of the globe, but it never occurred to me the US homeland might one day face the prospect of rebuilding itself while its one percent moves off-world?

Kissinger would be impre$$ed.
Well, it is the obvious next stage of Advanced Capitalism, isn't it?

The militarists hardly need to move off-world, though. I'm sure they can direct the destruction of the United States quite comfortably from the Bahamas or the Virgin Islands.

Interestingly, though, in the back of my mind was the opening of H.G. Wells, The War of the Worlds.
My paraphrase:

No one would have believed in the first years of the twenty-first century that this country was being watched keenly and closely by intelligences greater than consumer-units and yet as mortal; that as consuner-units busied themselves about their various concerns, they were scrutinised and studied, perhaps almost as narrowly as a man with a microscope might scrutinise the transient creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water. With infinite complacency, consumer-units went to and fro between Big-Box Stores about their little affairs, serene in the assurance of their empire over credit cards. It is possible that the infusoria under the microscope do the same. No one gave a thought to the ancient ruling classes as sources of human danger, or thought of them only to dismiss the idea of their power to control modern "democratic" societies. It is curious to recall some of the mental habits of those departed days. At most, consumer-units fancied there might be other societies of consumer-units, perhaps inferior to themselves and ready to welcome foreign investment. Yet across the gulf of commercial transactions, minds that are to consumer-units as theirs are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this source of military profit with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us. And early in the twenty-first century came the Great Disillusionment.

ya know ... I'm married to someone who can paraphrase books read 30 years ago and get it, spot on.

its scary.

Forum List

Back