Time person of the year

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Something different this year.

Why the Silence Breakers Are TIME's Person of the Year 2017

person-of-year-2017-time-magazine-cover1.jpg

I'm really disappointed that Rose McGowan didn't make that cover. I hope Ronan Farrow got credited for breaking the Weinstein horror story.

With the recognition of Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, Trump affected the world more than a few gossips.

If they were looking for the entity that has had the most impact on America and is also impacting other countries, it is #MeToo. Trump is also impacting us, very badly in fact, and around the world, but I think it is better to make #MeToo 'person of the year.' No need to feed Trump's rampant narcissism. Also, this #MeToo phenomenon will continue to have impact for decades, while Trump's messing up the country and the world will, in time, be reversed.

Last edited:
With the recognition of Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, Trump affected the world more than a few gossips.
Women reporting abuse are not, NOT, gossips. Dismissing them like that is the very thing that has caused the problem from the beginning. You are what has been referred to as part of the problem, not part of the solution.

Forum List

Back