🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

To the 4% who are supporting Jeb Bush...

What the hell is wrong with you? :dunno:

I could say the same for Lindsey Graham supporters but I don't think he has any.

But seriously... what is the deal with Jeb? Have we not had enough of the Bush dynasty?

I admit, I totally don't understand the establishment GOP. They want to turn their backs on the conservative base of the party and chase some pipe dream of "moderatism" which is nothing more than capitulation to the liberals. You're not being moderates, you're being idiots who don't understand conservative philosophy IS the moderate position to liberal extremism.
LOL..4% of what? ......

Although Jeb Bush isn't my top choice I do have more confidence in his ability to get elected and push through legislation taking the country to the right than any of the neophyte candidates. My view of pipe dreamers are (1) Democrats and (2) right wingers who exhibit similar capabilities in the art of pouting.
Jeb Bush would be 4 years of shitty economy. No foreign policy and capitulation to democrats in the name of bi-partisanship.....And a switch from a GOP controlled Congress to Democrat. Combine that with rising interest rates( yes the Fed is about to raise interest rates after holding them flat in deference to Obama) which will all end in an economic meltdown.....Energy prices will rise as the value of the dollar falls vs other major currencies.
I could be wrong. I don't think so though. Hopefully we will never find out.

Conservatives are conservatives, liberals are liberals, and moderates are moderates.

Conservatives are the moderate alternative to extremists. "Moderates" are liberals who aren't extremists.. Liberals are full-on radical extremist ideologues and dangerous to society.

That's the kind of thinking that has led Republicans to losing the Presidential popular vote in five of the past six elections.

Republicans can't turn off moderates and expect to win. Nominating more conservative candidates makes it harder for the GOP.

No, the last several elections the GOP has insisted on nominating "moderates" who are actually non-radicalized liberals and they have gotten their clocks cleaned because if you're going to be an ideologue you may as well be a radical one.

It's difficult for a true conservative to rise to the top because conservatism encompasses a variety of ideologies and they tend to cancel each other out. Whenever a candidate comes along who understands Conservatism is a philosophy and not an ideology and who can articulate why the conservative philosophy is the moderate alternative to radical extremism, they win. Every time.

You're a liberal who favors more liberal policies and bigger government. You're going to say whatever it takes to continue getting liberal candidates on both sides. It doesn't matter that what you're saying is a lie, all that matters is your agenda. Because, again, you are an ideologue.

It seems to me that Jeb Bush has been sleep walking through his campaign. He's like Hillary in a way, thinks it's his turn, that it's inevitable. Trouble is, even with those supposed advantages, a weak kneed creep is not what voters want. It is not surprizing that Ted Cruz is doing so well. People who are paying attention are looking for a conservative that really is a conservative, not a republican whore.

Jeb and Hillary know it is a marathon race. The amateurs start with a sprint in need of recognition in order to be taken seriously and (with exception of Trump) to attract money. That's the only value in peaking in popularity at this time. I expect Jeb to get serious after the holidays and Hillary will be able to coast up until her convention.

As for the what people are looking for, I see some similarity between the situation of the Republicans in 2016 and the Democrats in 1972. The Democrats revolted against the moderates after their experience with LBJ and now after GWB we have the Republicans doing much the same in rejecting moderates but heading to the right instead of the left.

It seems to me that Jeb Bush has been sleep walking through his campaign. He's like Hillary in a way, thinks it's his turn, that it's inevitable. Trouble is, even with those supposed advantages, a weak kneed creep is not what voters want. It is not surprizing that Ted Cruz is doing so well. People who are paying attention are looking for a conservative that really is a conservative, not a republican whore.

Jeb and Hillary know it is a marathon race. The amateurs start with a sprint in need of recognition in order to be taken seriously and (with exception of Trump) to attract money. That's the only value in peaking in popularity at this time. I expect Jeb to get serious after the holidays and Hillary will be able to coast up until her convention.

As for the what people are looking for, I see some similarity between the situation of the Republicans in 2016 and the Democrats in 1972. The Democrats revolted against the moderates after their experience with LBJ and now after GWB we have the Republicans doing much the same in rejecting moderates but heading to the right instead of the left.

It really is hilarious watching the left spew their delusions into this forum.

It really is hilarious watching the left spew their delusions into this forum.
The Republicans dilemma is they are the conservative party and the nation keep inching towards more liberalism. Some Republicans are simply unable to inch or accept more liberalism. Their answer is to inch toward more conservatism. Two conservative parties have already died in our history, maybe with Trump it is this conservative party's turn?

Republicans took your advice in the last two elections. They lost. So much for your loser advice.
Loser advice or loser positions? It isn't going to get any better doubling down.
Both. The "loser positions" were the positions you endorse, dumbass.
Loser positions?!?! WE WON!!! :banana: :beer: :mm:
Yep, at times we move toward liberalism too fast and then have to stop by electing Republicans. But America will continue its slow liberal march, too fast for some, not fast enough for others. The question is Trump, would he destroy the Republican party or not? If he did, a fourth conservative party would have to be formed, America needs both parties, liberal and conservative.
The little dancers are cute.

Forum List

Back