Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters

Natural Citizen

American Made
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 8, 2016
That is the question.

WvlX9FJ.jpg

I don't know where you live but in Arizona if you don't tint you'll be fried.

I'm in Delaware. For now. I've got my properties up for sale, though, with the intention of getting off the east coast. The plan is to maybe spend half the year in Mexico and the other half in the southwest United states.

Those Arizona summers are no joke, though. There's a guy on a car forum I'm on who lives in Arizona who posted his car's external temperature reading at over 110 degrees few days ago.

Really, it kind of slipped my mind to put the car into the perspective wit hthe fact that I'm moving until you mentioned Arizona.

That is the question.

WvlX9FJ.jpg
Tint? That is a vague word, how dark should the tint be?
If you get it too dark, night time can be an issue as it will block out some of your light vision.
A friend got his too dark and he hit a kid on a bike several years ago in the evening. No harm to the kid, though.
But, my friend said he couldn't see the kid because of the tint. He had it removed.

I don't know where you live but in Arizona if you don't tint you'll be fried.

I'm in Delaware. For now. I've got my properties up for sale, though, with the intention of getting off the east coast. The plan is to maybe spend half the year in Mexico and the other half in the southwest United states.

Those Arizona summers are no joke, though. There's a guy on a car forum I'm on who lives in Arizona who posted his car's external temperature reading at over 110 degrees few days ago.

Really, it kind of slipped my mind to put the car into the perspective wit hthe fact that I'm moving until you mentioned Arizona.
Your going to spend half the year in Mexico? You are braver than me. Even in the old days, the saying around here was "Mexico is great until something goes wrong". Be careful down there.

If you get it too dark, night time can be an issue as it will block out some of your light vision.
A friend got his too dark and he hit a kid on a bike several years ago in the evening. No harm to the kid, though.
But, my friend said he couldn't see the kid because of the tint. He had it removed.

Yeah, I was thinking about that, too. I already have a really tough time driving it at night as it is, just because the car is so low, compared to the rest of the cars and trucks on the road, I get blinded from the front as well as the rear. At least with those new LED headlights everybody's using. I don't really drive it at night much, but still, when I am driving at night, I'd like to actually see.

I think I'm gonna tint them, though, just based off what Mike and Oddball were saying mainly. But that's a great point you make there. I'll probably go light enough to see, maybe I can some kind of film installed that might help reduce that extreme blue/white light and still keep the sun light out.

I was gonna get some of those yellowish looking night time driving shades. They'll probably look stupid on me, but they might help out with the LED lights blinding me from every drection.

Last edited:
Your going to spend half the year in Mexico? You are braver than me. Even in the old days, the saying around here was "Mexico is great until something goes wrong". Be careful down there.

Yeah, I think so. The better half's parents built a beautiful home there in northern Baja some years ago and still own it. It's in gated community, right on the cliff, overlooking the pacific ocean. Heck, the cops even change your tire for you down there if you're broke down on the side of the road. Actually, funny story, she backed into a bus or a van or some kind of Mexican taxi down there and nobody called the cops or anything. She just gave em the money to cover the damage and everyone was on their way. Plus, she's way familiar with the area, having been a mission worker down there and whatnot. And we're both fluent.

Last edited:
That is the question.

WvlX9FJ.jpg
To a great extent, the darkness of tint has nothing to do with its UV reduction. It’s strictly visual. Most tint shops have displays that show the UV reduction of the various colors.

That is the question.

WvlX9FJ.jpg
To a great extent, the darkness of tint has nothing to do with its UV reduction. It’s strictly visual. Most tint shops have displays that show the UV reduction of the various colors.
Hey, all I know is that at night time with dark tint, it made it difficult.
Lighter tint probably is a better choice, not so much with the dark tint.

Most states have legal tint statutes. The police have a device to test your tint, and you'll get a ticket of your tint is too dark.
Also, there are various grades and prices of tint products. Just because your tint is dark doesn't mean it stopping the UV rays and heat going into your car. ... :cool:

Yeah, I think so. The better half's parents built a beautiful home there in northern Baja some years ago and still own it. It's in gated community, right on the cliff, overlooking the pacific ocean. Heck, the cops even change your tire for you down there if you're broke down on the side of the road. Actually, funny story, she backed into a bus or a van or some kind of Mexican taxi down there and nobody called the cops or anything. She just gave em the money to cover the damage and everyone was on their way. Plus, she's way familiar with the area, having been a mission worker down there and whatnot. And we're both fluent.
I did the Baja drive with some buddies many years ago from TJ all the way to Cabo. One of the best road trips ever! That sounds like a sweet setup for sure.

Forum List

Back