Todays youth and future generations.

I'm sorry, if you don't see anything wrong with the way kids behave these days, you must be a kid and part of the problem.

Dude its not just based on my girlfriends daughter I just gave a quick example. There are many other facts and examples that back my opinion of feeling concerned about future generations. I stated "here is an example" You look like an idiot for not looking at the big picture
No, you spent your entire rant on your girlfriend's daughter's behaviour while extrapolating it to all youth. One person's behaviour is not the 'big picture' ffs.

Females are the worst, they need to get their fat asses back to the kitchen where they belong and stop screwing everything with a pulse.

Babies are not born disrespectful or ungrateful, they are raised to be that way.

And you do need to break your post into paragraphs, it's bitch to read otherwise.

...... each generation gets worse and worse. ......

Each generation says that as soon as they reach a certain age. They convince themselves it's a truth, when in fact it is a perception. People never learn.

Dude its not just based on my girlfriends daughter I just gave a quick example. There are many other facts and examples that back my opinion of feeling concerned about future generations. I stated "here is an example" You look like an idiot for not looking at the big picture
No, you spent your entire rant on your girlfriend's daughter's behaviour while extrapolating it to all youth. One person's behaviour is not the 'big picture' ffs.
Ok I started the post with my opinion. I stated my observation of what I see and how kids are treating their parents now a days, and compared it to when I was growing up. I stated that I see big difference. Then I gave an example pertaining to my opinion. Its not like its hard to see how kids are becoming more disrespectful. I was simply writing about a personal experience in hopes to see if I'm the crazy one and if I'm the only one that sees something wrong with that behavior. I could sit here post about every kid but I'm sure that everyone would get bored and stop reading. It was meant to start a discussion for other parents that experience the same to engage in. She is exhibiting the type of behavior that I'm referring to that makes me feel sorry for future generations. Calling me an idiot is uncalled for. If you are not a parent or ever dealt with kids how can you actually provide any valuable feedback and/or criticism. I'm not the only one that notices that kids are growing up way to fast to be able to ease into adult hood. They think they are grown way sooner then they are and feel they know it all and lack respect for authority. End Result is they become an adult with bad attitude and are lost. The BIG PICTURE is children are becoming more and more disrespectful, not all, but they are. ITs not right to break your parents heart for no reason. If you cant understand that I was using an example to describe behavior that not just her but many other kids are acquiring, maybe you should mind your own business. not once did I say this is how every kid behaves, it is simply an example of how kids are disrespectful and how they are treating their parents now a days.

Babies are not born disrespectful or ungrateful, they are raised to be that way.

And you do need to break your post into paragraphs, it's bitch to read otherwise.
You are right babies aren't born disrespectful. I disagree with its based on the way they were raised. I believe children are influenced by media and other kids. I have seen parents try everything with no success. Growing up in my generation we would get punished and/or beat and when we got grounded, we couldn't leave our room. Knowing if we tried to sneak out we would just be in more trouble. Kids now a days take punishment as a joke and parents get thrown in jail for even poking their kid. Parents are literally scared to punish their own children. Fearing they will be throw in jail or their child wont love them anymore.

I don't have any children of my own yet. But I do have friends and have had dated girls who had children of their own. I want to discuss and see what other people have to say about this topic. Kids now a days are becoming worse and worse. They think you have to respect them before they respect you? Where did they get that from? When I was growing up I was taught you need to respect your elders and earn respect. Kids haven't even lived and or done anything to really earn respect. They talk to their parents like they are nothing. Treat and disrespect them to no end. Expect their parents to do everything and get mad if their parents wont give them couple bucks. I just recently experienced a situation first hand that I would like to get comments on and thoughts. ok. My girlfriend is 38 years old and has 3 children, girl 19, boy 16, girl 14. My girlfriend had her first kid and got married and got her first home at the age of 19. She is a cosmetologist right out of highschool. She raised 3 kids by herself due to her husband leaving and not wanting anything to do with the kids. Raising 3 kids working multiple jobs isn't easy but she pushed through it to give her kids everything. Her house burned down twice and always made it happen to be in a new place asap. Did everything for her kids made countless sacrafices so her kids had everything they needed and wanted. She is a great mother, very kind, and has a good heart. She never treated her kids bad or talk to them in any disrespectful way. She Is now temporarily disabled because the cartilage in her knees is deteriorating and cant stand for to long and do what she loves doing, cutting hair. She also has diabetes and couple other things wrong. so she has to survive on a limited income provided by the government until she gets a knee replacement. Ok so her 19 year still lived at home and has a job making minimum wage but still makes more then her mother. My girlfriend had to renew her welfare and since her 19 year old still lived with her my girl had to put it down. Since her daughter makes more then her and lives with her mom. They decreased her foodstamps substantially and cash assistance. They automacially assume the daughter helps out and contributes, and that is not the case. Her mother will ask her to do small things around the house to help out, but her daughters response is that she works. Her daughter never cleans up after herself never pays anyone back, doesn't help around the house, wont even give her mom a ciggeratte when her mom would buy her the pack. her daughter will take her clothes make-up ect. But gets so mad and disrespects and yells at her mom when her mom gets her things back. She never helps out with bills or food but has no problem eating the food. She would order pizza and don't offer her mom any but her mom always offer her pizza when she orders. her daughter is dating a boy who she seems to like and they been dating for a year now. His parents think she is an angel. She acts like she is the best child that she loves her mom and does more for other people then her own mother. One of her daughter friends stole 50,000 dollars out of her mothers(my girlfriend) fathers safe he had hidden in the house, and treats them better then are own mother. If everyone including her boyfriend and his parents actually knew how she treated her mother would they think of her the same? She also told her mother that she needs to respect her before he gets respect from her. Her mother said to her that she couldn't believe she treats her the way she does and at her age she had 2 jobs house and raising kids. her daughter responded it doesn't matter what your past accomplishments are it matters what you do now, knowing her mom has all these medical problems stopping her from living life at the moment. Her mom did everything for her and she has no respect for her.
I feel sorry for the future generations. When I was growing up my father would punch me square in my mouth if I even thought about disrespecting my mother. Now a days you will be thrown in jail if you even poke your kid, back then cops would also scold the child and tell them not to disrespect their mother. To think this generation is going to run the world one day, scary hu?
I have two of them in my house right now. By the time my oldest moves out I'll need to move in with her.

But you know what they don't do? Take 3 novels to get their point across. Seriously, my ex wife tought them well. You could learn a thing or two...

I don't have any children of my own yet. But I do have friends and have had dated girls who had children of their own. I want to discuss and see what other people have to say about this topic. Kids now a days are becoming worse and worse. They think you have to respect them before they respect you? Where did they get that from? When I was growing up I was taught you need to respect your elders and earn respect. Kids haven't even lived and or done anything to really earn respect. They talk to their parents like they are nothing. Treat and disrespect them to no end. Expect their parents to do everything and get mad if their parents wont give them couple bucks. I just recently experienced a situation first hand that I would like to get comments on and thoughts. ok. My girlfriend is 38 years old and has 3 children, girl 19, boy 16, girl 14. My girlfriend had her first kid and got married and got her first home at the age of 19. She is a cosmetologist right out of highschool. She raised 3 kids by herself due to her husband leaving and not wanting anything to do with the kids. Raising 3 kids working multiple jobs isn't easy but she pushed through it to give her kids everything. Her house burned down twice and always made it happen to be in a new place asap. Did everything for her kids made countless sacrafices so her kids had everything they needed and wanted. She is a great mother, very kind, and has a good heart. She never treated her kids bad or talk to them in any disrespectful way. She Is now temporarily disabled because the cartilage in her knees is deteriorating and cant stand for to long and do what she loves doing, cutting hair. She also has diabetes and couple other things wrong. so she has to survive on a limited income provided by the government until she gets a knee replacement. Ok so her 19 year still lived at home and has a job making minimum wage but still makes more then her mother. My girlfriend had to renew her welfare and since her 19 year old still lived with her my girl had to put it down. Since her daughter makes more then her and lives with her mom. They decreased her foodstamps substantially and cash assistance. They automacially assume the daughter helps out and contributes, and that is not the case. Her mother will ask her to do small things around the house to help out, but her daughters response is that she works. Her daughter never cleans up after herself never pays anyone back, doesn't help around the house, wont even give her mom a ciggeratte when her mom would buy her the pack. her daughter will take her clothes make-up ect. But gets so mad and disrespects and yells at her mom when her mom gets her things back. She never helps out with bills or food but has no problem eating the food. She would order pizza and don't offer her mom any but her mom always offer her pizza when she orders. her daughter is dating a boy who she seems to like and they been dating for a year now. His parents think she is an angel. She acts like she is the best child that she loves her mom and does more for other people then her own mother. One of her daughter friends stole 50,000 dollars out of her mothers(my girlfriend) fathers safe he had hidden in the house, and treats them better then are own mother. If everyone including her boyfriend and his parents actually knew how she treated her mother would they think of her the same? She also told her mother that she needs to respect her before he gets respect from her. Her mother said to her that she couldn't believe she treats her the way she does and at her age she had 2 jobs house and raising kids. her daughter responded it doesn't matter what your past accomplishments are it matters what you do now, knowing her mom has all these medical problems stopping her from living life at the moment. Her mom did everything for her and she has no respect for her.
I feel sorry for the future generations. When I was growing up my father would punch me square in my mouth if I even thought about disrespecting my mother. Now a days you will be thrown in jail if you even poke your kid, back then cops would also scold the child and tell them not to disrespect their mother. To think this generation is going to run the world one day, scary hu?
I have two of them in my house right now. By the time my oldest moves out I'll need to move in with her.

But you know what they don't do? Take 3 novels to get their point across. Seriously, my ex wife tought them well. You could learn a thing or two...
That is a good one! I do tend to go over board and not take my time to use paragraphs. When I got something to say I just go!

`
`

Very little filial piety practiced in the US anymore. But that's not necessarily a bad thing.
I just looked up the definition for Filial Piety, I never knew there was a word to sum it up. thank you. Its no necessarily a good thing either. Children don't realize how bad they can hurt their parents feeling, and that's sad. I'm not saying I was a perfect child, I didn't treat my parents the best and said things I didn't mean. I wondered down the wrong path and got into some major trouble. It took me loosing my father to realize how bad I treated my parents. Let me tell you I feel horrible about it. life is to short and he didn't deserve the way I treated him at all. He was an amazing father and I wish I could go back in time. It sucks it took that to open my eyes. Now I treat my mother a lot better because I don't want her to die thinking I didn't love her as to I'm sure my father did. All I want is to send my point across in hopes another child or person doesn't have to experience the hurt I feel.

Forum List

Back