Toddler dies because anti-vac parents gave an herbal remedy for meningitis. They are now on trial.

Tell me do you know if this was viral or bacterial meningitis?
If it was the latter a vaccine would not have helped
What does that have to do with being anti-vaccine?

I only mentioned it because the article did. The main issue was their refusal to consult a real doctor rather than some quack.

I take the side of letting the parents care for their kids as they see fit.

Even when their ignorance will result in the death of an innocent?

Yes.

What about if the parents think taking care of their kids includes beating that results in their kids death?

What if we all farted rainbows?

I only mentioned it because the article did. The main issue was their refusal to consult a real doctor rather than some quack.

Yes.

What about if the parents think taking care of their kids includes beating that results in their kids death?

As long as parents took care of their kids, I wouldn't care.

Yes.

There was no intent to harm the kid. You have no right to tell anyone what to believe.

This is what happens when you trust unqualified quacks more than proven science. Now they'll spend the rest of their lives regretting their ignorance.

A toddler got meningitis. His anti-vac parents gave him an herbal remedy. The toddler died. Now his parents are on trial.

On March 5, the Canadian government opened its trial against David and Collet. The charge: failing to provide their 19-month-old son, Ezekiel, the necessaries of life. According to prosecutors, David and Collet stubbornly refused to take their sick son to see a doctor, instead giving him home remedies such as smoothies containing hot pepper, ginger root, horseradish, onion and apple cider vinegar. Even after warnings from a family friend who is a nurse, the anti-vaccine couple took him to a naturopath for echinacea — an herb believed to stimulate the immune system — instead of to a doctor for an exam.

There are vaccines for bacterial meningitis.

Yes.

There was no intent to harm the kid. You have no right to tell anyone what to believe.
You aren't a parent, I'll bet.

These same statists are the types who would force chemo on a child who has pancreatic cancer. There's zero chance of surviving more than a few years, but they are the state and thus must get their way, making sure those possible years are a hell of chemotheraphy, surgeries, etc.

Not surprising that you cheer on parents murdering their children.

Really surprised?

We should all applaud liberals propensity for murdering their own offspring. It's a means of keeping them from overpopulating. Crude, t'is true, but effective. Pity it's not universal.
Do you have nothing to say about parents withholding the benefits of modern medicine from their children? Just turning this into another anti-abortion thread, Henry?

This is what happens when you trust unqualified quacks more than proven science. Now they'll spend the rest of their lives regretting their ignorance.

A toddler got meningitis. His anti-vac parents gave him an herbal remedy. The toddler died. Now his parents are on trial.

On March 5, the Canadian government opened its trial against David and Collet. The charge: failing to provide their 19-month-old son, Ezekiel, the necessaries of life. According to prosecutors, David and Collet stubbornly refused to take their sick son to see a doctor, instead giving him home remedies such as smoothies containing hot pepper, ginger root, horseradish, onion and apple cider vinegar. Even after warnings from a family friend who is a nurse, the anti-vaccine couple took him to a naturopath for echinacea — an herb believed to stimulate the immune system — instead of to a doctor for an exam.

True, but it seems more of a problem that they are anti-medicine than anti-vac. It can be cured by antibiotics.

Last edited:
These same statists are the types who would force chemo on a child who has pancreatic cancer. There's zero chance of surviving more than a few years, but they are the state and thus must get their way, making sure those possible years are a hell of chemotheraphy, surgeries, etc.
That is absolutely NOT a good comparison. Because meningitis MIGHT kill you is a reason to withhold antibiotics? So might pneumonia. Or an abcessed tooth. No antibiotics for them either?
This OP is about a couple who do not believe in the medicines developed by science, or the vaccines that have directly or indirectly protected them from fatal diseases their whole lives. They are stupid, plain and simple. Their child paid for it with his life.

Last edited:

Tell me do you know if this was viral or bacterial meningitis?
If it was the latter a vaccine would not have helped
Quoted from the OP:
Ezekiel died from bacterial meningitis and empyema, two conditions routinely cured with antibiotics, a medical examiner told the court last week, according to the Lethbridge Herald.
A nurse who had seen the child and advised the parents to take him to the doctor had guessed it might be viral meningitis but she was wrong.

Yes.

Modern medicine isn't a belief system, you moron. It is developed based on scientific fact. Have antibiotics and vaccinations saved hundreds of millions of lives? Sure. If you personally choose not to use them, be my guest, but I don't understand how any parent could deny it to their child.

True, but it seems more of a problem that they are anti-medicine than anti-vac. It can be cured by antibiotics.
Yes. The information I found said most children aren't immunized against meningitis until age 11. That was just another part of the parents' idiot belief system.

Stand 4 Truth -

Follow the trial there...
Childhood Vaccine Schedule
Odium, a good article, but how factual can it be when the NIH doesn't suggest immunization against meningitis until age 11? The point would be moot in Ezekiel's case.
You should look carefully at what you are trusting for news.
I don't do any shots. We build our kids immune systems and aside from an ear ache when my son was a few months old NONE of my kids have been sick.

Forum List

Back