Tom Hanks newest: Finch

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
A man, a dog and a robot traveling cross country in a post apocalypse world.
A massive solar storm stripped off a portion of Earths atmosphere. The entire planet is dead.
The movie is about the three traveling across the U.S. trying to get to an area Finch thinks there might be a pocket of thicker atmosphere.
Then we learn Finch has another motivation.

A solid movie, not spectacular scenery, no big action scenes... just a story about a man and his dog.... and a robot.

Worth seeing.

Hanks is long past the peak he enjoyed with his classic epic film Bachelor Party , a few years back.

Nowadays he mostly portrays tards like Forest Gump.

Last edited:
This has I Am Legend feels.

Without the vampires?

Legend10.jpg

I watched the movie last week. It was OK but nothing of note. It was one of these movies that I finished but if I had been interrupted and had to turn it off I would have probably never gone back to finish it.

That robot was almost an embarrassment to watch.

What about them?

In Richard Mattheson's 1954 novel, "I Am Legend", the world was populated by vampires, with only a single living human remaining.

In 1964, Vincent Price played the character Neville in a faithful adaptation, featuring vampires, called "Last Man on Earth".

In 1971, another version,'Omega Man', starring Charlton Heston made the 'bad guys' look like vampires, but without actually calling them vampires.

In the 2007, Will Smith vehicle, "I Am Legend", they turned them into zombies*, presumably because everyone was in to zombies in 2007.

* '28 Days Later' fast viral zombies, not Romero slow zombies.

In Richard Mattheson's 1954 novel, "I Am Legend", the world was populated by vampires, with only a single living human remaining.

In 1964, Vincent Price played the character Neville in a faithful adaptation, featuring vampires, called "Last Man on Earth".

In 1971, another version,'Omega Man', starring Charlton Heston made the 'bad guys' look like vampires, but without actually calling them vampires.

In the 2007, Will Smith vehicle, "I Am Legend", they turned them into zombies*, presumably because everyone was in to zombies in 2007.

* '28 Days Later' fast viral zombies, not Romero slow zombies.
NO They didn.

In The Omega Man there was a manmade pandemic that killed everyone, but some survived but became albino mutants.

Last edited:
Hanks has ruined his reputation by supporting far left extremist corrupt Democrat politicians such as Obama and Hillary.
Obama's abuses of power make Nixon look like a cub scout.
Hillary is the most corrupt person alive.
The Democrat Party's corruption is a threat to our democracy.

Hanks foray into westerns didn't turn out too well with "News of the World" and a sci-fi romp with a robot might not revive his career.

It's become painfully obvious that the "new" thing is "quest" movies. With streaming you can see a bunch of movies lumped together where the protagonist is on a "journey of self discovery" or some variation on that theme - maybe it's some teenagers finding their "voice" (whatever the f=ck that is) or a nerdy guy discovering he has super powers, et al.

As someone already noted, Finch and News of the World aren't too different. We're living in a time of poor imagination, low writing skills and no-so-competent direction.
But then again, new movies are not aimed at my demographic so I shouldn't expect much more than say a movie like "Porky's". What I miss is that even with all the teen oriented dreck that was released over the years, there still were quality cinematic productions - not so much today. What we get for serious films are things like Finch and News of the World or something like Captain Philips that ranks right up there with the best quality latex drying on a sheet rock wall. That of course, is just my opinion.

Cheers

A man, a dog and a robot traveling cross country in a post apocalypse world.
A massive solar storm stripped off a portion of Earths atmosphere. The entire planet is dead.
The movie is about the three traveling across the U.S. trying to get to an area Finch thinks there might be a pocket of thicker atmosphere.
Then we learn Finch has another motivation.

A solid movie, not spectacular scenery, no big action scenes... just a story about a man and his dog.... and a robot.

Worth seeing.

I don't watch his movies anymore.
He's always doing movies with children like Michael Jackson did before he was accused of being a pedophile.

I don't watch his movies anymore.
He's always doing movies with children like Michael Jackson did before he was accused of being a pedophile.
Yeah... I am not buying it.
M Jackson might as well have been carrying a giant sign around saying "I jerk off to children"... and a billboard outside of his kiddie park home saying the same.
The amount of denial surrounding Jackson is unmatched.
Hanks has one off-the-wall easily disproved accusation that is absurd,

Forum List

Back