Top 30 Inventions that Changed Our Lives

What a moronic list.

The birth control pill has radically changed the world. The effects ripple out everywhere.

Hmmmm Can't agree with that list..............

How about medicine............Antibiotics..........People used to get a cold and die...........

Trains, plains and automobiles.............

Electricity, indoor plumbing........................

Much better than the list I saw.............

What about?

- electricity
- indoor plumbing
- computers

At least they had air conditioning. That has actually preserved the lives of old people more than any other single thing man has ever invented.

At least they had air conditioning. That has actually preserved the lives of old people more than any other single thing man has ever invented.

I saw some interview with an old lady years ago. She was born about 1890 and died in like 2005 or so (I'm sure the dates are off, but I know she was born in the tail of the 19th century).

Anyways, she obviously lived through a ton of technological changes. The interviewer asked what the number one invention in her lifetime was and threw out a few suggestions like the plane, radio, TV, movies. The woman said it was central heat and air. She could be warm in the winter, cool in the summer, no longer had to deal with firewood, a smoky house, and it just changed the way she lived on a day-to-day basis.

It's so easy to forget that we have comfortable homes when our grandparents had to swelter in the summer and freeze in the winter.

More power to science and technology! I do not know what we would do today without these inventions.

Forum List

Back