Top five oil companies see 300% jump in profits in first quarter. Wow those poor oil companies.

HandleTheTruth

Platinum Member
Apr 26, 2022
The top five oil companies alone—Shell, ExxonMobil, BP, Chevron, and ConocoPhillips—brought in more than 300 percent more in profits than in the first quarter of 2021. That is a total of more than $35 billion in profits in just three months.May 17, 2022
1655007811138.png

Home › ...

These Top 5 Oil Companies Just Raked In $35 Billion While Americans Pay More at ...

• Banned
35 billion dollars in three months. Wow.

It's good to short oil and blame the president.

Cha ching.

• Banned
You have no clue on why their profits soared and they don't control the price of oil.
Oh you don't want to see what they get in subsidies from our government. 😂
You have no clue on why their profits soared and they don't control the price of oil.
Prices buddy boy prices. Shorting oil. All I heard from republicans for years is we have this hundreds of years of oil.

Just can't find it now it seems.

When prices go up 300% and profits go up 300%.

There is your problem.

The top five oil companies alone—Shell, ExxonMobil, BP, Chevron, and ConocoPhillips—brought in more than 300 percent more in profits than in the first quarter of 2021. That is a total of more than $35 billion in profits in just three months.May 17, 2022
View attachment 656829
Home › ...

These Top 5 Oil Companies Just Raked In $35 Billion While Americans Pay More at ...

:rolleyes:
And in 2020 those same 5 oil companies lost $76 billion.

You have absolutely no understanding of economics. Scuzball leftists like you are only motivated by your childish petty jealousies.

Oh you don't want to see what they get in subsidies from our government. 😂

Prices buddy boy prices. Shorting oil. All I heard from republicans for years is we have this hundreds of years of oil.

Just can't find it now it seems.

When prices go up 300% and profits go up 300%.

There is your problem.

The price went up because there was a large drop in oil production from the latter end of the Trump Presidency.

• Banned
:rolleyes:
And in 2020 those same 5 oil companies lost $76 billion.

You have absolutely no understanding of economics. Scuzball leftists like you are only motivated by your childish petty jealousies.
And had record oil company bankruptcies under Trump. And I don't think it was that much can you provide a link to back up your claims.

• Banned
300% jump in gas prices.

300% jump in profits.

That Biden is really making them alot of money 😂😂😂

That is if you believe Biden wants to make them record never seen before profits.

Keep believing idiots.

I feel bad for Putin, Trump, Americans, oil companies, 'price gaugers', and everyone else Joe 'The Buck Stops Here' Biden has blamed for HIS forced 'transition' that has caused record-setting gas prices.

If I was big oil I'd blame Biden also.

Gets the idiots that believe that off their backs.

35 billion dollars in three months. Wow.

It's good to short oil and blame the president.

Cha ching.
Spin all you'd like, every informed adult knows the POTUS reaps the political consequences of the people being angry about astronomical fuel prices. Lulz.

Don't worry their profits will go down with the price of gas.

When they decide to do so.
Instead of waiting for that to happen, as Biden and Butigieg say, if you can't afford the price of gas (in this Democrat-forced transition) go out and buy a $60,000 electric car!

:p

View attachment 656829
Home › ...

Again -- twice in one night -- you've chosen media sources that SCREW with facts/stats to GET YOU to be more progressive and make you look stupid.. It's right in the NAME of the source you used here. AmericanProgress.

WHY would you compare a newly REBOUNDING ECONOMY to an economy in 2021 still locked in MAJOR IMPOSED lock-downs and recession?

Companies already benefited from inflated gas prices in 2021 as the economy bounced back from the COVID-19 pandemic shutdowns—in fact, the top 25 companies made more than $205 billion in profits in 2021—but the recently announced first-quarter profits for 2022 are even more astounding.

The top five oil companies alone—Shell, ExxonMobil, BP, Chevron, and ConocoPhillips—brought in more than 300 percent more in profits than in the first quarter of 2021. That is a total of more than $35 billion in profits in just three months.

WHY did they SHIFT the variables and goal posts from stating the TOTAL profits for TOP 25 companies as $205BILL to focusing on the JUST THE TOP FIVE this year? The top 25 made about $50B per quarter in 2021. NOW -- they compare to that TOP FIVE making $38BILL in Q1 of 2022?

This is math/statistical malpractice. And just comparing things that need a LOT of clarifying, but YOU bought the green salami TWICE tonight in 2 different threads and topics.

Funny my Shell stock is totally flat. Hasn't budged an inch. No such news on my stock app.

Forum List

Back