Total US Debt Rises Over $18 Trillion; Up 70% Under Barack Obama

And everyone will go about their continuing to not care.

Total US Debt Rises Over 18 Trillion Up 70 Under Barack Obama Zero Hedge
ZeroHedge, now there is a reliable source for you, NOT!

Let's see The GOP National Debt was $5,807,463,412,200.06 when Bush started and $11,909,829,003,511.75 -$203 billion when he left. An increase of $5.9 trillion. There has been another $1.9 trillion in interest on the $11.7 trillion GOP National Debt for a GOP total National Debt of $13.6 trillion, not counting Bush policy carry-overs like his 2 wars and the continued care of Bush's maimed vets. Obama starts at $13.6 trillion and is at $18,005,549,328,561.45 today including interest on his share of the national debt, an increase of $4.4 trillion or 24% of the total debt.

Sorry, not the way it works. If you want to go that route, then paying veterans benefits to WWII, Korean, and Viet Nam vets should all be allocated the the presidents in power at the time of these conflicts.

I also like how you allocated the entire interest on the debt to the GOP.

Mark
I know that math is "Fuzzy" to the Right, but I only allotted $375 billion/year in interest to the GOP, the balance of the $400+ billion/year in interest to Obama.

No, the math isn't "fuzzy" to the right. It is simply wrong. Numbers don't lie.

Mark

But but Reagan!
Yep...
debt.jpg

Obama's needs to be updated.

Using this "logic" the next president will be even better. Even as we go bankrupt.

Mark
Percentages are the Rational, meaning Logical, also in this case meaning Fair way to make Valid comparisons, not something the little Partisans want to do..

No, they are not. You simply cannot use percentages to compare when you use different bases for the comparison.

If you think this is "logical", lets use percentages this way:

Reagan added 1.86 trillion to our debt. Obama to date has added 6.103 trillion.

So, in comparing presidents, Obama has increased our debt by over 228% of what Reagan did.

The math is right, and this time it makes Obama look like the bad guy.

Do you agree with this set of figures as well?

Mark
Tell you what, since you seem so dedicated to this, you take all the debt under Reagan, adjusted for inflation, and all under Obama, adjusted as well, and then post them side by side. But it will never change the math of who increased the national debt the most as a percentage.

And keep this in mind:

$1.00 in 1980 had the same buying power as $3.04 in 2014.
Annual inflation over this period was 3.32%.

Have fun...

No, it won't change the math. But, since the math is set up to make a lie look reasonable, it can be done by anyone, just like the example I gave to you.

And now, you want me to adjust for inflation? Why? My lie is just as valid as yours is. I cannot make a lie the truth by adjusting it.

Mark

Haven't you heard? Massive Debt is good now. That's what Obama and the Democrats saying.

HALLELUJAH! PRAISE BE THE SUPREME LEADER!!

Let's see The GOP National Debt was $5,807,463,412,200.06 when Bush started and $11,909,829,003,511.75 -$203 billion when he left. An increase of $5.9 trillion. There has been another $1.9 trillion in interest on the $11.7 trillion GOP National Debt for a GOP total National Debt of $13.6 trillion, not counting Bush policy carry-overs like his 2 wars and the continued care of Bush's maimed vets. Obama starts at $13.6 trillion and is at $18,005,549,328,561.45 today including interest on his share of the national debt, an increase of $4.4 trillion or 24% of the total debt.

Sorry, not the way it works. If you want to go that route, then paying veterans benefits to WWII, Korean, and Viet Nam vets should all be allocated the the presidents in power at the time of these conflicts.

Mark
I know that math is "Fuzzy" to the Right, but I only allotted $375 billion/year in interest to the GOP, the balance of the $400+ billion/year in interest to Obama.

Mark

lie ?

http://www.skymachines.com/us-national-debt-per-capita-percent-of-gdp-and-by-presidental-term.htm

There were surpluses as far as the eye can see under Clinton.

No, there weren't and that's been debunked a thousand times over since his administration. There were lower budget deficits (although a lot of that was borrowed from intergovernmental holdings), but there was never a budget surplus.

The Myth of the Clinton Surplus
Sorry, but that SAME "debunking" also debunks the myth of Bush's $161 billion deficit before the Dems took over Congress. The GOP National Debt increased $500 billion from that $161 billion "deficit." So the Clinton surplus is as real as the Bush $161 deficit, you can't have it both ways no matter how much you try.

During Clintons time in office, the debt went up $1.396 trillion dollars. These "surpluses as far eye can see" only applies to those who don't understand how the debt and surpluses and deficits work.

Mark

O has already spent more than every president. That doesn't help your chart.
That's a GOP scripted lie parroted only by foolish suckers.

The GOP cannot script math.

Mark

no, they can't. Exactly why the debt increased 189% under Reagan and 89% under 43..

but debt increases under every president.. so I'll give my opinion to the OP .

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn.

You cannot compare debt without a basis point. That is the sleigh of hand being used here and being called "math".

Mark

Mark

Mark

lie ?

http://www.skymachines.com/us-national-debt-per-capita-percent-of-gdp-and-by-presidental-term.htm

Yes, lie. Your link doesn't mean anything.

Mark

Mark

no, they can't. Exactly why the debt increased 189% under Reagan and 89% under 43..

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn.

You cannot compare debt without a basis point. That is the sleigh of hand being used here and being called "math".

Mark

and you can't accept the actual debt recorded by other presidents without injecting your BIAS bullshit and RW rhetoric ... deal with it Goober.

Yep...
debt.jpg

Obama's needs to be updated.

Using this "logic" the next president will be even better. Even as we go bankrupt.

Mark
Percentages are the Rational, meaning Logical, also in this case meaning Fair way to make Valid comparisons, not something the little Partisans want to do..

No, they are not. You simply cannot use percentages to compare when you use different bases for the comparison.

If you think this is "logical", lets use percentages this way:

Reagan added 1.86 trillion to our debt. Obama to date has added 6.103 trillion.

So, in comparing presidents, Obama has increased our debt by over 228% of what Reagan did.

The math is right, and this time it makes Obama look like the bad guy.

Do you agree with this set of figures as well?

Mark
Tell you what, since you seem so dedicated to this, you take all the debt under Reagan, adjusted for inflation, and all under Obama, adjusted as well, and then post them side by side. But it will never change the math of who increased the national debt the most as a percentage.

And keep this in mind:

$1.00 in 1980 had the same buying power as $3.04 in 2014.
Annual inflation over this period was 3.32%.

Have fun...

No, it won't change the math. But, since the math is set up to make a lie look reasonable, it can be done by anyone, just like the example I gave to you.

And now, you want me to adjust for inflation? Why? My lie is just as valid as yours is. I cannot make a lie the truth by adjusting it.
You can't make the math work out let alone your lies, so pass on both. Reagan was a Big Spender, get over it.

'Greed is good.' 'Massive Debt is good.'

So the President and Democrat fuckwits keep telling us anyway. Go figure? :cuckoo:

Mark

Mark

lie ?

Jesus, I give. Present him with numbers and he lies anyway.

Mark

Mark
Even not including the interest on the GOP National Debt, it is still a lie that Obama has run up more debt than all previous presidents.

$18,005,549,328,561.45 debt today.
$11,909,829,003,511.75 debt from all previous presidents before Obama.
$6,095,720,325,050.75 Debt after Obama.

So the President and Democrat fuckwits keep telling us anyway. Go figure? :cuckoo:

when the debt that's going to kill the world actually kills the world, you can be the first to say I TOLD YOU SO ..

deal?

'I don't worry about the deficit. It's big enough to take care of itself.'
Ronald Reagan

"Reagan proved deficits don't matter."
Dick Cheney

'I don't worry about the deficit. It's big enough to take care of itself.'
Ronald Reagan

"Reagan proved deficits don't matter."
Dick Cheney

Is their word gospel on this issue? IOW, it's okay for Obama to do it because somebody else did it in a smaller way first?

Mark

Mark

lie ?

Jesus, I give. Present him with numbers and he lies anyway.

and these idiots wonder why the people they support won't get elected in the next general election .. sshhhhhhhh .. don't tell them why.

Mark

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn.

Mark

and you can't accept the actual debt recorded by other presidents without injecting your BIAS bullshit and RW rhetoric ... deal with it Goober.

I have no problem with the actual numbers. I do have a problem with people that don't understand math making claims about something they don't understand.

Tell me, who is the better chicken farmer?

Farmer no.1 has 100 chickens, from which he gets 90 eggs a day. Recently, his production went up to 91 eggs per day for an increase of about 1% of production.

Farmer no.2 also has 100 chickens. He only got one egg a day until recently, when the hens laid 2 per day. This wildly successful chicken farmers production just increased 100%.

Now, if you cannot see that changing the basis when doing percentage comparisons is wrong, I won't be able to change your mind.

Believe what you wish, only don't be hoodwinked into believing the math told you it. It didn't.

Mark

when the debt that's going to kill the world actually kills the world, you can be the first to say I TOLD YOU SO ..

deal?

Yes we know, it's all good. Cause Obama told you so. And hey, he is good friends with Beyonce and Jay Z. So he can't be wrong. :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back