Toyota opening new plant in North Carolina

You get way more for your money by buying non-American. For one, your not paying thousands in legacy costs. I ran into an old friend of mine and we were talking about the old gang. One of the guys we hung out with got a job at Chevy at the age of 18 as a painter. He retired at 50 with full pension and medical benefits for the rest of his life. I'm not paying for that. Let American car buyers pay for my friend to stay home and eat potato chips.

When I talked to my mechanic that one time, he told me the reason foreign cars seldom need repair is instead of the company pandering to union employees with outrageous wages and benefits, they take their money and buy quality parts instead. Better parts, way less repairs. Even the engineering is so much better.
I only buy Honda's and Toyotas. I drive a Tundra and my wife has 2021 Honda Pilot. Both made in the US in non Union plants.

The last thing I would do is buy a vehicle made by the UAW.

By the way, as I am sure you know, thanks to the stupidity of President Worthless Negro the American taxpayer go stuck with the bill for those bloated pensions at GM and Chrysler.

We currently own a Kia Forte, a Ford Escape and a Jeep Patriot. Traded our Malibu in on the Jeep, it had just under 200,000 miles and had been driven by our son for 3 years including a cross country trip after he graduated high school. Never in the shop once for anything other than tires and breaks. The biggest problem with it was you had to remove the bumper to change the headlights. Did that once and paid someone to do it after that.

We have had no problems with any of our current vehicles.

Forum List

Back