Toyota Touts Solid State EVs With 932-Mile Range, 10-Minute Charging by 2027

Will you admit you were wrong and never open your know it all trap ever again?
8098155-R-J-Palacio-Quote-And-that-s-when-I-punched-him-Right-in-the-mouth.jpg

China leads the field on EV's and will do better than Toyota!

Americans so far at least doesn't believe in EV's!
We believe. I even know a lot of Republicans with hybrids, Jeep, Tesla's. Companies believe. We all know gas can't be our only solution forever. If it is, we're doomed.

Americans are also starting to rewild our lawns. Stop cutting and watering lawns all summer. We're so stupid. Do you think Chinese people are wasting time and money watering and cutting grass?

I told you I found something that backs up what you are saying. American corporations do a lot of R&D

Yes academic and government research leads to corporate research or often goes straight to viable products and services. You're welcome corporations.

I never brought up ICE. You keep bringing it up though. Do you mean gas cars? It would make us a greener country where we live longer and healthier. It's like banning lead gas. You got a problem with that?

I was listening to Toby Keith tributes this weekend. He was big on gas cars and not being eco friendly. Yea, and he died at age 62 of cancer
View attachment 1005813
Sad. Such a shame. I LOVED his music. He sung a lot about his gas guzzler.

I did. Again, why ban things when these supposedly better products are "just around the corner"?

Cars are already low polluting, and I doubt our grid will be ready by 2035 or even 2060 to handle the increase in EV's the credentialed class wants to happen.

So that means only rich people will get to have cars. Which is what the left really wants.

Gen 2 is coming and looks much more viable.
As Gen 1 sales have slowed in the last year. now they may slow further as potential buyers wait for these hugely incremental stats.
That's the thing about tech: it gets much better over time. (as we've seen with solar and wind's app 90 improvement in efficiency and cost since 2010.

Toyota Touts Solid State EVs With 932-Mile Range, 10-Minute Charging by 2027​

Toyota says it has found a technological breakthrough that will allow it to bring solid state batteries to market as early as 2027.
It's one of several advanced battery technologies that will underscore the brand's new EV focus as it pivots away from its former CEO's hybrid-centric strategy.

Solid state batteries promise greater energy density, higher electric range, and faster charging that puts refueling time on-par with a gas-powered vehicle. Scientists, researchers, and automakers have spent decades trying to crack the code on their commercialization, but so far no EVs have them, including Toyota's own offerings: the Toyota bZ4X and Lexus RZ.
[.......]

I'm looking forward to seeing all the federal agencies like FBI, DEA, Secret Service, and TSA abandon their massive, gas-guzzling SUVs and start driving these EVs. Once they've established a multi-year track record of using these vehicles safely and efficiently, I'll look into buying one.

uhm----does that mean ----uhm... no more LITHIUM BATTERIES----that SPONTNEOUSLY COMBUST and kill everyone in a 10 mile radius?
Lithium Iron Phosphate batteries don't do that and provide higher amps, but they're heavier.
They can be charged faster, too.

Last edited:
We believe. I even know a lot of Republicans with hybrids, Jeep, Tesla's. Companies believe. We all know gas can't be our only solution forever. If it is, we're doomed.

Americans are also starting to rewild our lawns. Stop cutting and watering lawns all summer. We're so stupid. Do you think Chinese people are wasting time and money watering and cutting grass?

You want to live like the typical Chinese person?

I did. Again, why ban things when these supposedly better products are "just around the corner"?

Cars are already low polluting, and I doubt our grid will be ready by 2035 or even 2060 to handle the increase in EV's the credentialed class wants to happen.

So that means only rich people will get to have cars. Which is what the left really wants.
It's more about controlling people's travels than anything else.

Hybrid is the way to go for now.

But this is interesting. If it were up to you con idiots, we would never discover batteries that can go 1000 miles and charge in 10 minutes.

Luckily science isn't done by haters and science deniers like you Republicans
Democrats deny science.

Hybrid is the way to go for now.

But this is interesting. If it were up to you con idiots, we would never discover batteries that can go 1000 miles and charge in 10 minutes.

Luckily science isn't done by haters and science deniers like you Republicans
Where are these batteries now, goober? :rolleyes-41:

It's a pipe dream at the moment. :slap:

No one said anything about a ban, and when this long range Toyota hits the road you’ll be bleached bones.

I'm pointing out the ones being issued in several blue states for 2035 on the sale of new ICE vehicles.

And just because the car may work doesn't mean the grid can handle everyone trying to charge them.

Gasoline and diesel just sit there until needed, nice and compact, and then pumped quickly into a gas tank.

EV's need charging, and the power requirements for say 12 chargers rated for these batteries would be significant.

It's a good goal to be done with gas by 2035. Stop being a dick. No one's banning shit. But gas will be really expensive. So you'll probably be driving a hybrid too.

I was furious when my F150 went from this
1725390945321.png

1725390956264.png

To this
1725390983171.png

1725391174794.png

And the price doubled. Didn't hear you complain one bit about your gas car prices going up up up.

It's a good goal to be done with gas by 2035. Stop being a dick. No one's banning shit. But gas will be really expensive. So you'll probably be driving a hybrid too.

I was furious when my F150 went from this
View attachment 1005836
View attachment 1005837

To this
View attachment 1005838
View attachment 1005839
And the price doubled. Didn't hear you complain one bit about your gas car prices going up up up.

They passed laws banning the sale of them starting in 2035.

You want to live like the typical Chinese person?

The starting price for a 1990 Ford F150 Single Cab base model was $11,990, while the top of the range model started at $17,710.

Today The sticker price on a new Ford F-150 depends on the model and options, and can range from $36,875 to $84,495

So 30 years the price tripled. Went up $10K a year. So in 2035 the cost of a gas car will be $15K more than right now.

Forum List

Back