Train Derailment in Seattle Area

now we wait for the cause...anyone want to predict?
1. Trump tweeted something about coffee 5 minutes before the accident.

2. Repeal of Obamacare.

3. This is what tax cuts cause.
not Bush?
Bush lied, tracks died.
well I am 56% sure that climate change had something to do with the derailment

I agree, we should have listened to the Global Warming maniacs when they warned everyone about the rising sea levels and then we could have avoided train derailments like this one :smoke:

i wonder if Brian Ross is on the case

^^^^ No but Godzilla is :smoke:

upload_2017-12-18_19-25-4.png

upload_2017-12-18_19-26-12.png

Why would the train be going 80MPH around such a sharp curve? It seems like they would know to slow down in curves like that.
It's the last turn before a long straight stretch between Philly and Trenton. My guess is the conductor thought he was already past that corner and opened it up for the straight.

Shows why we need more investment in our infrastructure

Our rail infrastructure is among the worst in the free world

My understanding is they just upgraded the rail to a high speed track. This was it's inaugural run. Many feared this would happen, even with the upgrades. The train was estimated to be going between 70-80 mph.

That makes for a nasty derailment

No kidding, they are say six died, that to me is surprising if that holds true.

now we wait for the cause...anyone want to predict?
1. Trump tweeted something about coffee 5 minutes before the accident.

2. Repeal of Obamacare.

3. This is what tax cuts cause.
not Bush?
Bush lied, tracks died.
well I am 56% sure that climate change had something to do with the derailment

I agree, we should have listened to the Global Warming maniacs when they warned everyone about the rising sea levels and then we could have avoided train derailments like this one :smoke:
Joy Blowfart: It was global warming that caused the train to speed up to 265 an hr approaching a 45 degree angle turn, where 13 cars fell off the tracks and over 2000 people died! and keep in mind that all Trump Supporters are causing global warming !!!

FBI Warns of Train Derailment Threat

Al Qaeda published an entire magazine on how to derail trains in Europe and America

"For more than a year this idea has been extensively been researched by a group that has dedicated most of its efforts and time to come-up [sic] with a profound yet simple method in designing this tool.

"So that the Lone Mujahid [someone engaged in jihad] can carry along with him in his fight to bring great destruction upon the West's security, military and economy — by the Help of Allah.

"We now leave you with this exciting and interesting issue."

In Sunday's 94-page issue, the terrorist group's writers outline different methods to derail trains, train routes to target, among other advice. The electronic magazine also has a spread containing "words of wisdom" from various Mujahideen, including Osama bin Laden.

The magazine also features a detailed 18-page-long guide on how to build a "derail tool" with cardboard, an empty plastic container, part of a rubber tyre, pipes, iron wires, screws, sheet metal, and cement. The apparatus does not require any electronic or construction tools so followers can "remove any traces for suspicion."

When placed on train tracks, the tool is expected to interfere with the train's movement and cause it to divert from its tracks.

As the perpetrator does not physically need to be on the train during the derailment, the operation "is not a martyrdom op" and "can be repeated," the magazine said. It will also be "easy to hide your tracks from forensics" after the attack, it boasted.

Yup yup.

`
WSDOT doesn’t have any theory yet about what caused the derailment, said Janet Matkin, spokeswoman for the WSDOT’s rail division.

There are no switches or road crossings in the immediate area, she said. However, the corridor in general passes through many neighborhoods and roads.“We’re still trying to figure out the cause,” Matkin said.

However, an official who was briefed on the investigation but not authorized to discuss it publicly told the Associated Press on condition of anonymity that preliminary signs indicate the Amtrak train may have struck something on the track before going off the rails.The official said because the tracks were new it was unlikely to be a maintenance issue - source.
`
All speculation at this point.

Why would the train be going 80MPH around such a sharp curve? It seems like they would know to slow down in curves like that.

Right before the bridge, there is a sizable curve in the track and it's believed that the train was going about 80mph at the time.

Washington state Amtrak train derails and falls on highway | Daily Mail Online

It is part of the Obama's "stimulus" plan. The first piece of legislation he signed. The same bill that set up death panels.

Forum List

Back