Train Derailment in Seattle Area

Shows why we need more investment in our infrastructure

Our rail infrastructure is among the worst in the free world
So your position is the government knowingly let an unsafe train leave the station.

Typical leftist rant, they always shoot their own kneecaps.

Every day
Our rail infrastructure is a mess
Ride it sometimes and you will flash back to the 1950s
I’ve done 90 thru Camp Pendleton. Never an issue.

View attachment 166589

I've taken the Acela

You hit 130 mph in some stretches and have to slow down to 40 mph in others

Easy for anyone to make a train derail. There’s one group I know of that maybe finally figured it out.

I know....putting a penny on the track will do that
I’m a certified Brakeman, Dufus.

Do you watch out for pennies?

pennies-railroad.jpg

My heart goes out to the families that were anticipating its arrival with their loved ones...a week before Christmas...so heartbreaking.

My understanding is they just upgraded the rail to a high speed track. This was it's inaugural run. Many feared this would happen, even with the upgrades. The train was estimated to be going between 70-80 mph.

My understanding is they just upgraded the rail to a high speed track. This was it's inaugural run. Many feared this would happen, even with the upgrades. The train was estimated to be going between 70-80 mph.

That makes for a nasty derailment

A really bad wreck folks, I just went ahead and blamed Trump to save some regressive the trouble. Prayers to the families.

An inaugural ride on Amtrak's new line meant to speed train service in Washington state turned deadly Monday after a train carrying more than 80 people derailed outside of Tacoma — causing several train cars to tumble from a highway overpass, killing six people, officials said.

At least six people were killed after Amtrak train 501 derailed about 7:30 a.m. along Interstate 5 as it was leaving the new Tacoma station, a U.S. official told The Associated Press. The official added that track obstruction is being investigated as a possible cause.

1513616389300.jpg

An Amtrak train derailed south of Seattle early Monday, causing "injuries and casualties," according to officials. (Washington State Patrol Trooper Brooke Bova)

Pierce County Sheriff's Spokesman Ed Troyer initially said "multiple fatalities" were reported.

Amtrak train derails in Washington state onto Interstate 5; 'multiple fatalities' reported

A really bad wreck folks, I just went ahead and blamed Trump to save some regressive the trouble. Prayers to the families.

An inaugural ride on Amtrak's new line meant to speed train service in Washington state turned deadly Monday after a train carrying more than 80 people derailed outside of Tacoma — causing several train cars to tumble from a highway overpass, killing six people, officials said.

At least six people were killed after Amtrak train 501 derailed about 7:30 a.m. along Interstate 5 as it was leaving the new Tacoma station, a U.S. official told The Associated Press. The official added that track obstruction is being investigated as a possible cause.

1513616389300.jpg

An Amtrak train derailed south of Seattle early Monday, causing "injuries and casualties," according to officials. (Washington State Patrol Trooper Brooke Bova)

Pierce County Sheriff's Spokesman Ed Troyer initially said "multiple fatalities" were reported.

Amtrak train derails in Washington state onto Interstate 5; 'multiple fatalities' reported
obstruction? I just heard,,,now we can all be suspicious about this tragedy

upload_2017-12-18_12-14-57.png

Anarchists bragged about sabotaging railroad in the past in Washington, in a now deleted post where they poured concrete on to railways.

Joe Biggs

But first, this was on ABC news on May 8.

FBI Warns Of Train Derailment Threat
FBI Warns of Train Derailment Threat - ABC News

OK, here we go with the story. Disturbing Reports from experienced rail folks on another site called Free Republic that I don't know if you can link to on this site: Here's one-----

"my buddy's on scene on the tracks ... he just called me ... he said there's a crater in the track that the FBI won't let anybody near ... bomb squad on scene with bomb sniffer dogs ... i believe the engineer is one of the fatalities but not confirmed ... now we've seen plenty of derailments ... he said he'd never seen nothing like it ... concrete ties obliterated ... cat poles hanging ... my opinion ... something forced that train off the track"

Edit: Should be 'Amtrak' in title.

At least five dead in Philadelphia Amtrak derailment - UPI.com
I thought it happened in Washington state?

Forum List

Back