Tramp and the Courts.

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
Attack on Justices Sonia Sotomayor and Ruth Bader Ginsburg

On February 24, Trump targeted U.S. Supreme Court Justices Sonia Sotomayor and Ruth Bader Ginsburg, demanding that the two justices should recuse themselves from any cases that he is involved in.

Trump also targeted Justice Ginsburg in this attack over comments she made during his 2016 campaign, in which she said, “ I can’t imagine what this place would be — I can’t imagine what the country would be — with Donald Trump as our president.”

In February 2020, Trump attacked Judge Amy Berman Jackson, the judge who is presiding over his former adviser Roger Stone’s pending criminal case in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia. Last November, Stone was convicted of lying to congress, witness tampering, and obstructing an investigation by the U.S. House of Representatives.

n November 2018, Trump announced new rules that would bar anyone crossing the U.S.-Mexico border not through an official port of entry from receiving asylum. On November 20, Judge Jon Tigar of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit ordered the administration to accept asylum claims regardless of where migrants entered the country. Trump called the decision “a disgrace,” attacked Tigar as “an Obama judge,” and critiqued the Ninth Circuit as “really something we have to take a look at because it’s not fair,” adding, “That’s not law. Every case that gets filed in the Ninth Circuit we get beaten.”

Donald J. Trump

✔ @realDonaldTrump

Justice Roberts can say what he wants, but the 9th Circuit is a complete & total disaster. It is out of control, has a horrible reputation, is overturned more than any Circuit in the Country, 79%, & is used to get an almost guaranteed result. Judges must not Legislate Security...

7:21 AM - Nov 22, 2018

Attacks on the Judiciary Following DACA Ruling

On Tuesday, January 9th, 2018, District Court Judge William Alsup temporarily blocked the Trump administration from ending the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program, maintaining protections for 'Dreamers.' The Trump administration appealed Alsup's decision. Following Alsup's ruling, Trump tweeted:

In His Own Words: The President's Attacks on the Courts
----------------------------------------------------
He needs to be in jail , he has constantly accused the courts for decisions he did not agree with. There is a lot more to read, but I didn't quote them all. It has been going on since he before and after he took office, only the judges that rule in his favor are spared from his revengeful tweets.

It lets all judges be afraid of the Potus and his revengeful tweets.

Last edited:

On February 24, Trump targeted U.S. Supreme Court Justices Sonia Sotomayor and Ruth Bader Ginsburg, demanding that the two justices should recuse themselves from any cases that he is involved in.

Trump also targeted Justice Ginsburg in this attack over comments she made during his 2016 campaign, in which she said, “ I can’t imagine what this place would be — I can’t imagine what the country would be — with Donald Trump as our president.”

In February 2020, Trump attacked Judge Amy Berman Jackson, the judge who is presiding over his former adviser Roger Stone’s pending criminal case in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia. Last November, Stone was convicted of lying to congress, witness tampering, and obstructing an investigation by the U.S. House of Representatives.

n November 2018, Trump announced new rules that would bar anyone crossing the U.S.-Mexico border not through an official port of entry from receiving asylum. On November 20, Judge Jon Tigar of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit ordered the administration to accept asylum claims regardless of where migrants entered the country. Trump called the decision “a disgrace,” attacked Tigar as “an Obama judge,” and critiqued the Ninth Circuit as “really something we have to take a look at because it’s not fair,” adding, “That’s not law. Every case that gets filed in the Ninth Circuit we get beaten.”

Donald J. Trump

✔ @realDonaldTrump

Justice Roberts can say what he wants, but the 9th Circuit is a complete & total disaster. It is out of control, has a horrible reputation, is overturned more than any Circuit in the Country, 79%, & is used to get an almost guaranteed result. Judges must not Legislate Security...

On Tuesday, January 9th, 2018, District Court Judge William Alsup temporarily blocked the Trump administration from ending the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program, maintaining protections for 'Dreamers.' The Trump administration appealed Alsup's decision. Following Alsup's ruling, Trump tweeted:

He needs to be in jail , he has constantly accused the courts for decisions he did not agree with. There is a lot more to read, but I didn't quote them all. It has been going on since he before and after he took office, only the judges that rule in his favor are spared from his revengeful tweets.

He commented on them....schumer made threats.......you need to actually think before you post.

Donald J. Trump

✔ @realDonaldTrump

Trump is going to jail soon after Schumer, Hillary, Bush and Nixon...

Now put Trump remarks beside Schumer remark and let see the difference.

What Schumer said was disgraceful and should have never been uttered and before you proclaim my opinion is based on FOX spin, well I heard Schumer words on CSpan radio.

As for Trump, well if you have him breaking the law then impeach him, and get the Senate to Convict him and then throw him in jail but let mem state what you offered is not enough for a Conviction and Removal...

Forum List

Back