Transocean tries to limit liability for sunken rig

You state all kinds of shit with absolutely no evidence whatsoever....
Aren't you the idiot who swore up and down the liability limits could not be raised after the fact and apply in this case? What evidence did you bring to that argument, other than your own assertions?

No, you fucking moron.... I did not 'swear' anything 'up and down'. I said that it would be unconstitutional to raise the liability limit and apply it retroactively. I didn't 'swear' jack shit. I stated a fact. I said it precisely once.... not 'up and down'.

Damn, you are so fucking hysterical about anyone who disagrees with you that it is laughable.

and another thread derailed by off-topic interpersonal squabbling.

some day you mentally conditioned monkeys of both left and right leaning persuasions will realize that you play right into the hands of the ultra rich and their minions who don't give two shits about what a liberal or conservative viewpoint is on any given issue, just how much dischord they can foment so that the brain dead masses won't realize who it is that's really fucking everybody and everything.

I said that it would be unconstitutional to raise the liability limit and apply it retroactively. I didn't 'swear' jack shit. I stated a fact. I said it precisely once.... not 'up and down'.

But its not a fact. Its in fact, the opposite of a fact. Ex post facto does not apply to civil liability cases. I have evidence to back this. Calder v Bull 1798. What evidence did you bring to back your argument, other than simply stating that its a fact?

The problem, from my perspective, is that you think that I'm defending BP.

You are.

No, I am not defending them. I am maintaining that there is no evidence that they are solely responsible. There is no evidence that they will shirk the responsibility of paying for the clean up. There is no evidence for you to scream and rant about jack shit... but you continue to do it.

You are pathetic. Absolutely pathetic. And, when you have no argument left, you fall back on personal insults and call me a 'whore'. You are a pathetic, stupid whiny overly emotional little man.

The problem, from my perspective, is that you think that I'm defending BP.

You are.

No, I am not defending them. I am maintaining that there is no evidence that they are solely responsible.

So now its your position there is no evidence they aren't soley responsible. Sorry, I can't hit the field goal if you keep moving the posts. Goal line or end line, fucking decide already.
There is no evidence that they will shirk the responsibility of paying for the clean up.
Right, they're just expecting people to help them clean it up for FREE.

No, I am not defending them. I am maintaining that there is no evidence that they are solely responsible.

So now its your position there is no evidence they aren't soley responsible. Sorry, I can't hit the field goal if you keep moving the posts. Goal line or end line, fucking decide already.
There is no evidence that they will shirk the responsibility of paying for the clean up.

Well, it would seem to me that, for those who REALLY care about their community, they'd do.... WITHOUT HAVING TO BE ASKED. I know I would. Fucking greedy SOBs. Jeeez, you so lose any semblance of the moral highground for expecting to be paid to help clean up. You claim you care soooooo much about it yet not enough to get up off your fat ass and help. So, forget it.... you lose. You are dismissed. You don't actually care about the damage at all. If you did, you wouldn't be posting here - you'd be out there helping.

Defending corporations against the American peoples interests.

I cant believe how low they are sinking.

They are also defending Rs with nazi ties too

Well, it would seem to me that, for those who REALLY care about their community, they'd do.... WITHOUT HAVING TO BE ASKED.

And it would seem the same way to BP - that's why they're using that fact to avoid having to pay the full cost of cleanup out of their pockets. Heck, why should they pay for it all, when private citizens are willing to absorb the expense themselves?

I know I would.

Funny how everyone outside of Louisiana always knows what they would do for disasters that hit our state and don't affect them.

Fucking greedy SOBs.

Yeah -its my GREED that makes me want BP to pay the ENTIRE cost of the cleanup

Well, it would seem to me that, for those who REALLY care about their community, they'd do.... WITHOUT HAVING TO BE ASKED.

And it would seem the same way to BP - that's why they're using that fact to avoid having to pay the full cost of cleanup out of their pockets. Heck, why should they pay for it all, when private citizens are willing to absorb the expense themselves?

I know I would.

Funny how everyone outside of Louisiana always knows what they would do for disasters that hit our state and don't affect them.

Fucking greedy SOBs.

Last year... granted not in my community but not far away.... there was some very bad flooding.... the local people were in a huge mess.... I went and helped with their clean up and it wasn't even my community.

So, yea, I do expect people to help themselves as well as holding their hands out. Call me a conservative.

Defending corporations against the American peoples interests.

I cant believe how low they are sinking.

They are also defending Rs with nazi ties too

There really is no depth to which you will not sink in order to achieve your pathetic partisan goal, is there?

You really are scum.

Face it folks.....WE the taxpayers will be bailing out three huge fucking corporations once again as we will be forced to pay to clean up this mess for decades. All in the name of capitalism.....sad.
Hello!!!! Moron!!!! It's the fucking liberal democrats that keep "forcing us to bail everybody out"!!! Really!! I wonder how some of you are able to feed yourselves sometimes!!!!

Fucking greedy SOBs.

Last year... granted not in my community but not far away.... there was some very bad flooding.... the local people were in a huge mess.... I went and helped with their clean up and it wasn't even my community.

So, yea, I do expect people to help themselves as well as holding their hands out. Call me a conservative.

Well goody good for you. Last I checked, floods weren't typically caused by private businesses. Its more of a natural disaster thing.

We had a flood close to where I lived once, it was around 2005.

Well goody good for you. Last I checked, floods weren't typically caused by private businesses. Its more of a natural disaster thing.

We had a flood close to where I lived once, it was around 2005.

I guess one of the differences between us.... I wouldn't stand around allowing my neighbors to suffer just because it's someone's fault. I just help. In my view, that makes me a better person than you. No doubt you'll disagree but the facts are there for anyone to see. You wouldn't help if a 'private business' was responsible.... I would just see the suffering and pitch in.

Forum List

Back