Treasury grants equal tax benefits to married gay couples

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Now it's the law. <my comment

Treasury grants equal tax benefits to married gay couples | Al Jazeera America

All legally wed gay couples, even in states that do not recognize same-sex marriages, are entitled to the same U.S. federal tax benefits as married heterosexual couples, the U.S. Treasury and Internal Revenue Service ruled Thursday, after the Supreme Court in June invalidated a key portion the 1996 Defense of Marriage Act, which defined marriage as between a man and a woman.

"Today's ruling provides certainty and clear, coherent tax filing guidance for all legally married same-sex couples nationwide," Treasury Secretary Jacob Lew said in a statement.
<more>

Why does anyone deserve a tax benefit just for being married in the first place? Why exactly is a married person's livelihood more important than a non-married person's?

Tax everybody the same and then we don't need to waste our time with nonsense like this.

Why does anyone deserve a tax benefit just for being married in the first place? Why exactly is a married person's livelihood more important than a non-married person's?

Tax everybody the same and then we don't need to waste our time with nonsense like this.

So let me guess, it doesn't benefit you?

yup what is the differance about being married or being single?it is discrimination, a real real real smart guy would rather live single have a dog to keep him company, a maid to clean his place and a hooker to satisfy his sexual needs.

All legally wed gay couples, even in states that do not recognize same-sex marriages, are entitled to the same U.S. federal tax benefits as married heterosexual couples, the U.S. Treasury and Internal Revenue Service ruled Thursday, after the Supreme Court in June invalidated a key portion the 1996 Defense of Marriage Act, which defined marriage as between a man and a woman.

"Today's ruling provides certainty and clear, coherent tax filing guidance for all legally married same-sex couples nationwide," Treasury Secretary Jacob Lew said in a statement.
<more>

Good.

yup what is the differance about being married or being single?it is discrimination, a real real real smart guy would rather live single have a dog to keep him company, a maid to clean his place and a hooker to satisfy his sexual needs.

A really, really, really, smart guy would have the above and write it off.

Did people protest marriage benefits before?

I've always had a problem with it. It's just another way the tax structure is abused in attempt to shape society in a certain direction.

So...you've always had a problem with it. What have you done about it? Write your congressman? Ask candidates their stand on it? Insist of filing single instead of married to reject the benefits? What?

Did it come as a surprise? What did you think would happen? Homosexual married couples are entitled to the same benefits as normal married couples.

<more>

And America explodes!!!

Oh wait im still here...Fuck they where wrong!

Did it come as a surprise? What did you think would happen? Homosexual married couples are entitled to the same benefits as normal married couples.

The problem is that it isn't normal.

Neither is marriage between people of different races (according to some).

Neither is marriage between people of different religions (according to some).

Neither is marriage between people of great age (according to some).

But all are legal.

Did people protest marriage benefits before?

If they did, they didn't do it with very much verve. In the 20+ years we've been having the marriage equality discussion I've not seen one bill come out of any state legislature or from any member of Congress that would take away any of the rights, benefits and privileges of legal, civil marriage.

New Mexico Court: Christian Photographer Cannot Refuse Gay-Marriage Ceremony

Yeah, that's all the gays wanted in the first place right?

Bullshit. Religious people are now being forced to provide services in gay weddings or risk lawsuits.

Equality my ass.

Public accommodation laws have nothing to do with marriage equality, but thanks for the red herring.

RedHerringBlurb.png

Forum List

Back