Troll-Feeding and You

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Troll2.png

They’re everywhere you turn on the internet. Sadly and shame on me, I often let them get under my skin – which is exactly why they’re there. But, this blog provides some great ideas on how to deal with them and I’m going to do my best to follow them.

Always have fun when you’re feeding trolls. Picture yourself as an apex predator playing with her food before consuming it. I’ve been known to say that I love trolls because they go well with onions, garlic, peppers and seasoning. Red wine vinegar is the key, however. Trolls feed you.

Never get angry or offended at what a troll says. Remember that they don’t know you. They barely know themselves.

It bears repeating: trolls feed you. Look for inconsistencies in troll comments and exploit them. Trolls are stupid and, therefore, will always provide you with your own rhetorical ammunition. They can’t help it; it’s in their nature.

Never block them because they have another use: attracting eyeballs. If you can handle them well and with some humor, the Popcorn Factor applies.

Possessing a mean streak helps.

Remember this about much of the Internet: it is populated with people who not only have not figured out how to analyze information but see absolutely no value in analysis. They just want to try to make you — or anyone else — look as stupid as they have felt during the bulk of their lives. But, generally, they are poorly armed.

There is a downside to engaging them even for sport, however: sometimes owned trolls don’t know when to quit. But there’s a downside to everything in this world.

I believe in being a Happy Warrior; for that, it’s necessary to sharpen your spear and engaging in target practice.

From Troll-Feeding and You

Here's the big tell for me: when the ideological opponent descends into a spew of vulgarity and ad hominem attacks, he declares himself a potential troll. And if the behavior persists, then it's Ignore for said troll.

Actually, I enjoy verbally abusing the shit out of Internet trolls and kicking a giant, permanent dent in their egos.

Forum List

Back